Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

I remember for a short while I was really pumped about the Javelin, but even ... BlackBerry Bold forum

cornelious0_0 no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    235B134C

Advertisement

I remember for a short while I was really pumped about the Javelin, but even now knowing that if i would have waiting a week or two I could have picked it up instead of the Bold...I feel no remorse.

I find the added width of the Bold perfect and i love how the keyboard takes advantage of the space. The 8900 still looks nice, but those keys make me cry inside.

macallik no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    AskMe
    I hold my Bold and compare to my curve, and the curve seems so small now.. lol

E3BK no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    JUST ASK
    Bummer! I just tried to upgrade and they told me I wasn't eligible until April. Boo! I really can't do the full price right now, being the holiday season and all. Anyone know a way around that? Any NY AT&T store reps willing to bend the rules for me? lol.

Berryadict no está en línea Stack level 7
    ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~
    Sold my Bold after a day due to: Build quality - door for sd card and the back cover were flimsy, etc. Browser - tiny font with text disapearing to left was ridiculous. Battery life - a real drainer. Feel - wide, flat, sharper edges.
    Of course all of the above's subjective. I'm sticking with my Curve on 4.5 and a Seidio 2600 mAh extended battery till Javelin - just love the thing

PIN/ID
    235B134C
    Quote Originally Posted by Berryadict View Post
    Sold my Bold after a day due to: Build quality - door for sd card and the back cover were flimsy, etc. Browser - tiny font with text disapearing to left was ridiculous. Battery life - a real drainer. Feel - wide, flat, sharper edges.
    Of course all of the above's subjective. I'm sticking with my Curve on 4.5 and a Seidio 2600 mAh extended battery till Javelin - just love the thing
    Thanks for adding the fact that your findings were subjective, nothing makes me more mad then people saying that a product in general is cheap and/or "not worth it" just because they ended up with a lemon.

I also can't manage to handle my curve for more then a few minutes these days, it's to damn small and just feels cheap. Obviously the curve is no better or worse just because there's something new available, I just appreciate the bold to much to see my curve in the same light I used to.

calm_tiger no está en línea Stack level 5
    I'm not sure where all the cheapness, creeks and cracks come from either. My bold is rock solid and doesn't feel cheap at all.

darryl71 no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    retired
    Bold is awesome ! I was considering getting the Jav, but I like the bigger keyboard, and 3G. I had a bold (had it stolen) and was considering either one as a replacement.

Going Bold again

MaximumWarp no está en línea Stack level 1
    PIN/ID
    255B7CBB
    I adore my Bold which I've had about 6 weeks now. I actually like the size. Its thin and fits comfortably in my shirt pocket. I certainly wouldn't be buying anything that wasn't 3G today.

PIN/ID
    235B134C
    I know I've said it all before, but I'm with you guys. I'm fairly happy even with the speed of the edge connection...coming from my old provider I'm happy with anything this phone does. I'm sure I'd be happy with the network speeds of the 8900, but its not just the added size of the Bold's keyboard that I love, but the keys themselves feel much more sturdy and easy to type on. I have MUCH fewer typos with the Bold then I ever had with the Curve.

archer6 no está en línea Stack level 8
    Quote Originally Posted by Ge View Post
    The Javelin is slightly smaller than than the Curve.
    @ Ge... before guessing and giving out bad information.

Check your facts... Thank You.

Javelin - Curve 8900 109 x 60 x 13.5 mm
    Curve 8310 107 x 60 x 15.5 mm

According to the facts above, the Javelin (to be sold as the Curve 8900) is NOT smaller than the current Curve.

The Bold is great as long as you do not use it to go to PinStack,
    or other sites that have forums, as the Browser is horrible and makes the use of the forum nearly impossible. The font is so small that it's very hard to read and I have 20/20 vision.

That is my opinion. I greatly prefer the browser on the Curve 83xx series as I can use it for PinStack or nearly anything else for that matter. I wish I could say that for my Bold.

While I'm using my Bold now as my primary phone and BlackBerry I can not use it for PinStack which is a really bad deal. I used to use my BB for PinStack and now I cannot. But that's just my usage. If you do no need a good browser then I highly endorse the Bold.

jaesternbach no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    24b04967
    Quote Originally Posted by happy1240 View Post
    Right now I pay $135 a month for my bb and then my hubbys phone (he never uses). Im thinking to save money just to go back to a phone. I hate to cause I love my bb. But I could save so much money. With the economy how it is I guess I should start to save money.

Very, very good point! Let's face it, the economy is real crap right now - hopefully 09' will bring relief.

You mentioned that your hubby hardly uses his phone. Perhaps, instead of elliminating your bb, why not lower your minute and text message plan? That way, you will maintain your beloved bb and still reduce costs. I lowered my minute and text message plan because of the same reasons. Very smart move!!

Quote Originally Posted by MaximumWarp View Post
    I adore my Bold which I've had about 6 weeks now. I actually like the size. Its thin and fits comfortably in my shirt pocket. I certainly wouldn't be buying anything that wasn't 3G today.
    I agree with you about the size of the Bold, I really like it. Especially since I use my BB so much, it's just much more comfortable. I really like everything about my Bold except the very poor browsing experience as compared to my Curve 8310. I was so excited to finally have 3G, and yet it's nearly useless to me, as I spend most of my BlackBerry net time on PinStack.

The problem is that when trying to read and respond to posts in the forum, the fonts are so small that it's nearly impossible to deal with. Zooming is an option, but not a viable one. Thus I cannot use it for PinStack. RIM made a very bad decision to ship this with a poor browser.

Had I known this I would never have bought a Bold.

calm_tiger no está en línea Stack level 5
    I haven't used it but is opera mini any better on the bold?

fondoo no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    24A26BE1
    Bonnie Cha from cnet review was right. the bold makes me feel very masculine. i feel like the king of the world.
    Upgraded the BlackBerry Curve to BlackBerry Bold 12/1/08.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast