Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Results 31 to 45 of 53

Originally Posted by archer6 . This wachovia issue is the BB browser not the device. ... BlackBerry Bold forum

  1. #31
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    PIN/ID
    Apple
    Posts
    1,749

    Advertisement



    Quote Originally Posted by archer6 View Post
    .
    This wachovia issue is the BB browser not the device. All new BlackBerrys with OS 4.6 & higher will have this issue until RIM releases OS 5.0. There will be smaller differences as you noticed from .167 to .210 but it's still the same browser.
    .
    ~via BoldBerry (wap.pinstack.com)~
    The wachovia issue is that there is a overlay in the text on the screen when loaded up in coloum view. I tested this theory wirth my second bold that came with .167. No overlay in colum view. .210 it had the overlay. Don't know? I agree it has to do with the browser but it has to be something RIM did with the OS. I've only noticed it on that particular site. Every other site is exactlly rhe same. Hey man. Can you log into your at&t accout from your bold?? All I get is a white screen after I enter my account info and submit.

  2. #32
    archer6's Avatar
    archer6 no está en línea Stack level 8
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Posts
    4,996
    Quote Originally Posted by Crucial View Post
    The Bold is a much better device now than it was at launch. There are only a few issues left to sort out, and the ones that remain are minor.

    The 8900 is also a great device, and has a few more things to offer than the Bold.
    .
    I disagree. The Bold only needs to have the upgraded OS ver 4.6.0.210 installed. That fixes everything & turns it into a fast, reliable BlackBerry.
    .
    The 8900 does NOT have more to offer, but less as its slower due to it's lack of 3G. Those who say there is not much speed difference between the two (I used to agree) are wrong. Simply because they have not used a Bold on .210 long enough to experience the difference.
    .
    That said they are both good so it's up to you.
    .
    ~via BoldBerry (wap.pinstack.com)~


  3. #33
    ssnxp's Avatar
    ssnxp no está en línea Device Pro
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Posts
    1,679
    The 8900 has more internal memory and a 3.2MP camera. That's "more."

  4. #34
    mjwood0's Avatar
    mjwood0 no está en línea Stack level 4
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    PIN/ID
    Ask Me!
    Posts
    907
    Don't get me wrong, I feel that the 8900 is going to be a huge hit -- much like the original 83xx series curve. However, just like the 83xx Curve compared to the 88xx series phones, the 8900 will compare with the Bold.

    The curve is a great phone for a user who splits their time between productivity and fun. It has a better camera (though I'd argue that all cell phone cameras lack the ability to take even passable photos) but it's lacking the abilities to be a true productivity device. No 3G? That's a huge check in the minus column. Plus, after having used a Bold keyboard, the Curve is simply not as good in my opinion.

    For my money, the Bold is the best productivity device out there. Plus, thanks to RIM, the video and music abilities make it have a fun side too.

    Arguing that a cell phone camera is even useful though is really kinda hard for me....
    As always, just my opinion...
    mjwood0 (at) pinstack (.) com
    Remove PTT | OS Upgrade

  5. #35
    archer6's Avatar
    archer6 no está en línea Stack level 8
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Posts
    4,996
    Quote Originally Posted by ssnxp View Post
    The 8900 has more internal memory and a 3.2MP camera. That's "more."
    Good one.....
    But I say that's _different _not_ more, & here's why.
    If a camera is not import to the user, & they don't want to install a massive amount of extra apps. It doesn't mean anything. Plus it can be argued that the 8900 has a slower processor & smaller keyboard & display.
    .
    At the end of the day they are both great new BlackBerrys, so it's personal preference.
    .
    ~via BoldBerry (wap.pinstack.com)~

  6. #36
    ssnxp's Avatar
    ssnxp no está en línea Device Pro
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Posts
    1,679
    Great points. I guess this debate has been going on for the past few months.. mostly with everyone reiterating their opinions over and over and over. After owning the Bold, here are MY impressions:

    1. It's BIG, and does not feel as "comfortable" as the Curve for me. I've never had a problem with large phones, but I directly compare it to the Curve. The Curve size feels perfect, which is why the Jav fits me better.
    2. They "harder" keyboard on the Curve works better for me. I've gotten extremely comfortable with the Bold's keyboard, but the Curve's is still SUPER snappy under my thumbs.
    3. I do NOT need 3G. I'm stuck on T-mobile and the Bold does not support their 3G bands. It would be nice, but personally, I have wi-fi 80% of the time.
    4. The new 3.2MP autofocus camera on the Jav is a very welcome change.

    This is why, in my opinion, the 8900 will be a much better device for ME.




    Edit..

    Quote Originally Posted by archer6 View Post
    Good one.....
    But I say that's _different _not_ more, & here's why.
    If a camera is not import to the user, & they don't want to install a massive amount of extra apps. It doesn't mean anything. Plus it can be argued that the 8900 has a slower processor & smaller keyboard & display.
    .
    At the end of the day they are both great new BlackBerrys, so it's personal preference.
    .
    ~via BoldBerry (wap.pinstack.com)~
    It is different, but it is still MORE. For instance, a user may not need the extra processor speed or the extra screen real estate. Regardless of whether they will use it, it is still there.

    However, you are completely right in saying that they are both great. I love the Bold. I just wish I forgot how small and comfortable the Curve was.
    Last edited by ssnxp; 01-10-2009 at 09:32 AM.

  7. #37
    archer6's Avatar
    archer6 no está en línea Stack level 8
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Posts
    4,996
    Quote Originally Posted by ssnxp View Post
    Great points. I guess this debate has been going on for the past few months.. mostly with everyone reiterating their opinions over and over and over. After owning the Bold, here are MY impressions:

    1. It's BIG, and does not feel as "comfortable" as the Curve for me. I've never had a problem with large phones, but I directly compare it to the Curve. The Curve size feels perfect, which is why the Jav fits me better.
    2. They "harder" keyboard on the Curve works better for me. I've gotten extremely comfortable with the Bold's keyboard, but the Curve's is still SUPER snappy under my thumbs.
    3. I do NOT need 3G. I'm stuck on T-mobile and the Bold does not support their 3G bands. It would be nice, but personally, I have wi-fi 80% of the time.
    4. The new 3.2MP autofocus camera on the Jav is a very welcome change.

    This is why, in my opinion, the 8900 will be a much better device for ME.
    .
    Now THAT's a great post!
    I'm with you 100% on all your points, as it really is about the right BlackBerry for each person.
    .
    ~via BoldBerry (wap.pinstack.com)~

  8. #38
    ssnxp's Avatar
    ssnxp no está en línea Device Pro
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Posts
    1,679
    Thanks! I agree completely on what everyone has been saying about .210. Tried out a few different OS's, .210 has definitely been the smoothest!

  9. #39
    archer6's Avatar
    archer6 no está en línea Stack level 8
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Posts
    4,996
    @ ssnxp .... I enjoyed our great lively debate. Your analysis of BlackBerry models is getting very good. Enjoy your new 8900 as I too think it's a winner !
    .
    Cheers
    ~via BoldBerry (wap.pinstack.com)~

  10. #40
    ssnxp's Avatar
    ssnxp no está en línea Device Pro
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Posts
    1,679
    Quote Originally Posted by archer6 View Post
    @ ssnxp .... I enjoyed our great lively debate. Your analysis of BlackBerry models is getting very good. Enjoy your new 8900 as I too think it's a winner !
    .
    Cheers
    ~via BoldBerry (wap.pinstack.com)~
    Haha thank you, I feel the same. February 11th feels like it's an eternity away though, and the more we talk about this.. the more I want to keep my Bold until then!

  11. #41
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    PIN/ID
    Apple
    Posts
    1,749
    I have a at&t bold and I also have tmobile. When the 8900 comes out - will be getting one as I have upgrade waiting for it. Can't wait, I want to see the comparision differance on tmobiles EDGE vs AT&T 3G first hand. The reason I have to differant carriers is that I have had suncom for about 8 years now and I have an unlimited voice for $25 a month with unlimited blackberry for an additional $20. Can't beat that with a stick.~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~
    Last edited by BHP77; 01-10-2009 at 10:05 AM.

  12. #42
    archer6's Avatar
    archer6 no está en línea Stack level 8
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Posts
    4,996
    What carrier does suncom represent?

  13. #43
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    PIN/ID
    Apple
    Posts
    1,749
    Opps, tmobile bought them out here in SC. That's why I have tmobile now. What's strange is that I've seen posts on here saying that former suncom cust are now at&t. ???? ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

  14. #44
    ericcif's Avatar
    ericcif no está en línea Stack level 2
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Posts
    75
    Upgraded from a curve to a Bold a couple of months ago and never had a problem. I would never give up 3G after using it. Got my curve the same week AT&T brought their 3G service to Maine and still haven't had an issue. I was skeptacle about the keyboard being to much like the 8800 but I love it.
    ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

  15. #45
    ericcif's Avatar
    ericcif no está en línea Stack level 2
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Posts
    75
    Meant got my Bold the same week AT&T brought 3G to Maine.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •