Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

I've only had my Bold for a week, but I've been very happy with it ... BlackBerry Bold forum

applejosh no está en línea Stack level 3

Advertisement

I've only had my Bold for a week, but I've been very happy with it thus far. Good signal where I am, the 3G works well, and I'm liking the keyboard. I'd recommend the Bold based on my limited experience.

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

bmanley no está en línea Stack level 4
    Thanks for all the help. Sounds like the Bold will be a good move for him.

archer6 no está en línea Stack level 8
    Quote Originally Posted by bmanley View Post
    Has the Bold been getting better or are they still having troubles with them? What does anybody think?
    I can say from the recent experience of many of my friends that just bought their AT&T Bolds in the last two weeks, that they are definitely improved over the early production units that I got initally. Even my newest Bold is excellent and it's older.

So I can say without hesitation that getting a Bold is a very good decision. Then the second part of my advice is to upgrade it to OS ver 4.6.0.210. That is critical to good operations. AT&T does not have a poor 3G network as some would have you believe. It was a RIM problem, as I have been using the network for over a year with other 3G smartphones I have, and it's been great.

AT&T has built a very good 3G service. With .210 on the Bold it's now the fastest smartphone I have which is saying a lot. I highly endorse the Bold as your number one choice. If not a Bold then the 8310 from AT&T is also a very good model.

Hope this helps your decision making.
    Cheers....

manoffire21 no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    30bd08b8
    Quote Originally Posted by archer6 View Post
    I can say from the recent experience of many of my friends that just bought their AT&T Bolds in the last two weeks, that they are definitely improved over the early production units that I got initally. Even my newest Bold is excellent and it's older.

So I can say without hesitation that getting a Bold is a very good decision. Then the second part of my advice is to upgrade it to OS ver 4.6.0.210. That is critical to good operations. AT&T does not have a poor 3G network as some would have you believe. It was a RIM problem, as I have been using the network for over a year with other 3G smartphones I have, and it's been great.

AT&T has built a very good 3G service. With .210 on the Bold it's now the fastest smartphone I have which is saying a lot. I highly endorse the Bold as your number one choice. If not a Bold then the 8310 from AT&T is also a very good model.

Hope this helps your decision making.
    Cheers....
    Now let me ask you this archer...have you tried the new .216 that just was officially released from AVEA?? Is it worth it or should the highest he or anyone should go right now is the beta .210??Just wondering.

I think a post needs to be made some time for future bold owners,stating when they buy the phone, what needs to be done off the bat to give them the best performance from the git-go. What apps are good things of that nature, which it has taken the rest of us trial and error to figure out. Just my 2 cents.

Pat
    storm 9530
    PIN: 3051C125

Quote Originally Posted by manoffire21 View Post
    Now let me ask you this archer...have you tried the new .216 that just was officially released from AVEA?? Is it worth it or should the highest he or anyone should go right now is the beta .210??Just wondering.
    I had the exact same thoughts, as archer6 seems to be on top of his game when it comes to Bold OS's. I found a post of his somewhere on here in which he says he had more issues with the .216 than with his favorite .210. I can't remember if it was dropped calls or signal strength, but he went back to .210. (If I remember correctly - it was before I had my normal 3 cups of morning.) I don't know if the .216 is any better for me. Only had it for a little while now, but if I do run into any issues, I will probably go back to .210 as it seems to be the consensus favorite (or at least one with the fewest reported issues). Stable is good. (And come to think of it, browsing speed has not increased at all and may be a tad worse with the .216. I'll have to keep an eye on it in case it was just network congestion somewhere in the pipeline.)
    applejosh
    iPhone 4 (AT&T)
    OS 4.3

I'm going back to .210. I seem to be experiencing fluxuations in my signal strength. Not sure if its my service, my Bold, or the OS. Only had it a week, but it had been pretty steady. We'll see if downgrading fixes it.

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

PIN/ID
    Apple
    Had mine for about a week. Returned the first one. Second on loaded .210 the same night. I ran .167 for a couple of days with the first one and loaded .210 after it would constantly switch between EDGE and 3G. Noticed the browser speed increse and hardly ever am I on EDGE. Not sure about battery life though I noticed that with .210 it doesn't get no where near as hot. The only thing I noticed is that wachovias website doesn't show properly. I have to switch back to page view. Also att doesn't alow me to access my account. Not sure the att issue is .210 related but I know the wachovia is directly related as it didn't do this with .167. ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

Yes I've tested all the OS versions. .216 was dropping calls & resetting itself randomly. Even cut me off while on a call. The very best version is .210, you will find it's fast, stable, locks onto 3G & can't be beat.

Cheers
    ~via BoldBerry (wap.pinstack.com)~

snipes mcgee no está en línea Stack level 4
    I don't even have my Bold yet, but I'm excited to try this .210 that you're raving about.
    I have a BlackBerry and a WhiteApple. :)

Quote Originally Posted by snipes mcgee View Post
    I don't even have my Bold yet, but I'm excited to try this .210 that you're raving about.
    Its great to hear you are getting a Bold. When to you expect to get it? You are going to be glad you decided on one.
    Cheers

Kyo0tdemon no está en línea Stack level 5
    I agree with Archer as well as many other stackers. The Bold deserves two thumbs up!

bold since day one no problems love mine cant complain!

Quote Originally Posted by BHP77 View Post
    Had mine for about a week. Returned the first one. Second on loaded .210 the same night. I ran .167 for a couple of days with the first one and loaded .210 after it would constantly switch between EDGE and 3G. Noticed the browser speed increse and hardly ever am I on EDGE. Not sure about battery life though I noticed that with .210 it doesn't get no where near as hot. The only thing I noticed is that wachovias website doesn't show properly. I have to switch back to page view. Also att doesn't alow me to access my account. Not sure the att issue is .210 related but I know the wachovia is directly related as it didn't do this with .167. ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~
    This wachovia issue is the BB browser not the device. All new BlackBerrys with OS 4.6 & higher will have this issue until RIM releases OS 5.0. There will be smaller differences as you noticed from .167 to .210 but it's still the same browser.

Crucial no está en línea Stack level 2
    Quote Originally Posted by bmanley View Post
    My son is returning to the US after being oversea with the Marine corp. He was using an 8700 with AT&T and is going to get a new BB when he gets back in a week or two. He is thinking about the Bold and asked me what I think of them. I've read a few posts on here and the trouble some have been going thru so I don't know what to tell him. I know he would love the 8900 when it gets out but his 8700 is not working right so he needs a new phone when he gets back. He could go with the 8310 but it seem a shame to waste a new upgrade on one when the 8900 should be out soon.
    Has the Bold been getting better or are they still having troubles with them? What does anybody think?
    The Bold is a much better device now than it was at launch. There are only a few issues left to sort out, and the ones that remain are minor.

The 8900 is also a great device, and has a few more things to offer than the Bold. But basically, it boils down to preference. The 8900 does everything the Bold does minus talk & surf at the same time and the 8900 is about as fast as the Bold. I would get online and show him some pictures of the 8900 then take him into the AT&T store and let him have a go with the display unit then let him decide.

As most of you know, I have multiple carriers & a few lines. I also have every BlackBerry currently available in the US. I only mention this so that the next statement I make is understood as my preference over the others, not because it's my only BB.
    I find the BlackBerry Bold to be the very best BB of all. Running OS 4.6.0.210 it's very fast, stable, reliable, locked onto 3G and FUN !
    Cheers

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast