Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

My son is returning to the US after being oversea with the Marine corp. He ... BlackBerry Bold forum

bmanley no está en línea Stack level 4

To Bold or not??

Advertisement

My son is returning to the US after being oversea with the Marine corp. He was using an 8700 with AT&T and is going to get a new BB when he gets back in a week or two. He is thinking about the Bold and asked me what I think of them. I've read a few posts on here and the trouble some have been going thru so I don't know what to tell him. I know he would love the 8900 when it gets out but his 8700 is not working right so he needs a new phone when he gets back. He could go with the 8310 but it seem a shame to waste a new upgrade on one when the 8900 should be out soon.
    Has the Bold been getting better or are they still having troubles with them? What does anybody think?

Mr D no está en línea Stack level 3
    He has ATT?

The Bold is a great device... if he doesn't need 3G and wants a small device, then the 8900 obviously fits him better. IMO The Bold has the best keyboard around, assuming the the 8900 has the same keyboard as all the curve

If he needs it now, then you really don't have a choice...
    REVIEW: SEIDIO HOLSTER, BACK DOOR, RUBBERIZED CASE, BEST SKINS EVER!

Contains A LOT of pictures and if you have any questions, let me know!

bajanbastard no está en línea Stack level 4
    First glad your son is back home safe and sound. Well personally the Bold is an ok device to me but i'm not particularly feeling much love for it. The 8900 on the other hand is pure joy for me. I don't have 3G coverage here and thats one of the reasons i didn't think i needed a Bold.
    Device history: 8100 > 8320 > 8900 & 9530. Keep crackin'

calm_tiger no está en línea Stack level 5
    I've had my BOLD for over a month now. And not one day have I had a problem with it. It's a great phone and the best BB I have ever had.

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

peterthill no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    281860C8
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr D View Post
    The Bold is a great device... if he doesn't need 3G and wants a small device, then the 8900 obviously fits him better. IMO The Bold has the best keyboard around, assuming the the 8900 has the same keyboard as all the curve
    Full ack!

Peter

cestlavie77 no está en línea Stack level 3
    I LOOOOVE mine! I've never had a single problem with it (other than a brief carrier tower issue) and I'm still running the original OS (Rogers .162) The keyboard is fantastic; It feels great in your hand; Stunning screen; Super reliable; and dang it, it's just AWESOME!!

GO FOR BOLD!!

Ge
    Ge no está en línea Stack level 4
    If you ask Canadians, they will tell you the Bold is trouble free.

If you ask AT&T (Americans) customers, they will be on the fence. But you only hear about the problems.

I say go for the Bold. The general consus is to get one made in Canada.

calm_tiger no está en línea Stack level 5
    Quote Originally Posted by Ge View Post
    If you ask Canadians, they will tell you the Bold is trouble free.

If you ask AT&T (Americans) customers, they will be on the fence. But you only hear about the problems.

I say go for the Bold. The general consus is to get one made in Canada.
    So you're able to speak for all Americans who have BOLD on AT&T?

Rcbjr no está en línea Stack Pro
    PIN/ID
    PM - Ask
    After changing from a Curve to the Bold on Day one, and understanding that the 8900 Curve has the same Display as the BOLD, I'm going to say, DON'T WAIT FOR THE 8900. Having 3g and the keyboard layout of the Bold is worth much Much more than just having a 480x320 screen on an EDGE Curve.

Rcbjr
    You Ask, We Will Answer
    Can’t Install theme via DM?No Additional Apps Found for Your Device
    Links to Usefull KB Articles

darryl71 no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    retired
    Be BOLD...

Not sure if its the builds that ATT got or if its the crappy 3G service that is on the network, but i have had 2 bolds from Rogers and they have both been excellent. Keyboard is bigger than the curve, and its a great thing !

mjwood0 no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    Ask Me!
    To start with, the Curve 8310 is a great device. If you decide that the Bold doesn't meet his needs, the 8310 is great.

With that said, if he needs 3G the Bold is really the only way to go. If not, I'd probably go with a 8310. Its smaller, lighter and in most areas functions the same as the Bold. Plus, its around a third of the cost...

Ge
    Ge no está en línea Stack level 4
    Quote Originally Posted by calm_tiger View Post
    So you're able to speak for all Americans who have BOLD on AT&T?
    I am not speaking for anyone.

If you read my comment, you would realize that being on the fence is 50 / 50 and I said if you ASK AT&T Customers
    Last edited by Ge; 01-08-2009 at 12:34 AM. Reason: Additional comment

manoffire21 no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    30bd08b8
    Quote Originally Posted by bmanley View Post
    My son is returning to the US after being oversea with the Marine corp. He was using an 8700 with AT&T and is going to get a new BB when he gets back in a week or two. He is thinking about the Bold and asked me what I think of them. I've read a few posts on here and the trouble some have been going thru so I don't know what to tell him. I know he would love the 8900 when it gets out but his 8700 is not working right so he needs a new phone when he gets back. He could go with the 8310 but it seem a shame to waste a new upgrade on one when the 8900 should be out soon.
    Has the Bold been getting better or are they still having troubles with them? What does anybody think?
    go with the bold. the 8310 isnt worh using the upgrade. but that said the curve which i also have in addition to the bold, is an awesome device. in fact my brother has never liked bb and he tried my old curve and is loving it. he uses it now since his phone broke. I on the other hand have had the bold for a little over a month now and love every second of it. i get a dropped call here and there due to being in a bad service area at the time but other than that its awesome. there are soo many apps for it too and it hasnt even been out that long. the bold is definately the way to go if he is going to stay with ATT. Which personally i would or switch to verizon. i however cannot vouch for verizons service but i have heard good and bad things about it. There seems to be more problems with the storm still than the bold. Which will eventually get worked out but just takes some time. I do feel and guys like Archer6 and Ranxoren may feel the same as me on this.....that even though the bold and storm got off to bad starts that by now the bad devices (for the bold atleast) should be weeded out by now and if he does go with it he shouldnt have any problems. but whatever decision he decides to make im sure he will be fine. I do leave you with this. i honestly do believe that even with BB's ups and downs that they still are and more than likely always will be the best smart phone manufacturer in the world! I would definately stay away from any and all ms windows based phones as i have found the majority of them are unstable and lockup alot. just my 2 cents. good luck
    storm 9530
    PIN: 3051C125

fondoo no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    24A26BE1
    I upgraded my curve to the bold and I love it. I
    I never had any peoblems with my bold what's so ever.

PIN/ID
    Apple
    I've had a minor issue with my first one. The battery door was loose right from the box. That said I love my second one. No issues yet. I would recomend the bold as like so many have said before the keyboard is bliss. The screen is amazing, and the speaker is awsome. If your on att this is the only way to go. I advise that if you decide on it look it over before you leave the store. Make sure you don't have the battery door loose out of the box. Play with the demo model a little before you get your new one in your hand that way you have a little referance to go by with keyboard feel and all. Over all a great device. ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast