So ok i was thinking. Basically when the blackberry bold is released for ATT its ... BlackBerry Bold forum

antelope1 no está en línea Stack level 2

Thought About The Blackberry Bold

Advertisement

So ok i was thinking. Basically when the blackberry bold is released for ATT its going to be the same exact thing as released all over the world. Only difference is the branded os. Is this correct. So why would everyone go crazy over the ATT release. They can just purchase any bold and place the ATT os on the phone and they have a ATT bold. Is this correct.

PIN/ID
    AskMe
    yep and that is why a lot of US people have bought rogers bolds and unlocked them. people are waiting for ATT because doing it this way can get a little pricey.

scorpiodsu no está en línea Stack level 2
    Quote Originally Posted by antelope1 View Post
    So ok i was thinking. Basically when the blackberry bold is released for ATT its going to be the same exact thing as released all over the world. Only difference is the branded os. Is this correct. So why would everyone go crazy over the ATT release. They can just purchase any bold and place the ATT os on the phone and they have a ATT bold. Is this correct.
    Yes that is correct, but some people don't want to take the chance with a unlocked phone. Especially if it's expensive. For instance, if I bought a phone from AT&T tomorrow and it started acted up in 2 weeks and lets say it stopped working. I can take it back to the AT&T store and get another. But if I bought an unlocked one from some seller on ebay, I am not protected by purchasing it from my carrier. Also some unlocked phones can be buggy and unstable. So there is a risk and you must just be willing to take it.

antelope1 no está en línea Stack level 2
    Thanks for your responses.

HeavyComponent no está en línea Stack level 6
    PIN/ID
    TP2 :D
    Always best to wait!

---
    T-Mobile Curve 8320 - 4.5.0.81 OS!
    [heavycomponent@tmo.blackberry.net]

--HeavyC.

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

macallik no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    AskMe
    If I had dough like that I would have had an unlocked one and then buy the ATT one also.

Ge
    Ge no está en línea Stack level 4
    There is nothing wrong with getting an unlocked Rogers unit except the price. What you have to watch out for are the pre-production units.

If you do go that route, make sure you get a retail boxed Rogers unit that was released officially.