Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 3456789 LastLast

Originally Posted by ranxoren So i just got an offer for my Bold for 600$ ... BlackBerry Bold forum

archer6 no está en línea Stack level 8

Advertisement

Quote Originally Posted by ranxoren View Post
    So i just got an offer for my Bold for 600$ and obviously having had it for 3months i could not refuse to sell it for that much.
    So i have officially sold my Bold ladies and gentlemen.
    Congrats! Happy to hear that you did so well.
    Another chapter closed, in the ongoing Saga of: "ranxoren or archer, who's the wackiest?"
    *archer raises his hand "pick me, pick me."*
    And so it goes...

PIN/ID
    AskMe
    Quote Originally Posted by archer6 View Post
    Congrats! Happy to hear that you did so well.
    Another chapter closed, in the ongoing Saga of: "ranxoren or archer, who's the wackiest?"
    *archer raises his hand "pick me, pick me."*
    And so it goes...
    No no *pushes archer out of the way* "pick meeeeee!!"

haha thank you friend and i am really happy with my decision, the flip is again an incredible device that doesnt disappoint and i am now patiently waiting for our messiah the Javelin.

mjwood0 no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    Ask Me!
    Count me in on the waiting!

I just took the shortcut and stuck with my Curve
    As always, just my opinion...
    mjwood0 (at) pinstack (.) com
    Remove PTT | OS Upgrade

Karpfish24 no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    243fd52f
    Bold went back to the store for me as well, back with the curve.

PIN/ID
    Ask Me!
    Lol. I'm sensing a trend here!
    Remove PTT | OS Upgrade

Ge
    Ge no está en línea Stack level 4

Interface

Quote Originally Posted by Karpfish24 View Post
    Bold went back to the store for me as well, back with the curve.
    After using the Bold for 3 months, there is no way for me to go back to the Curve. The pros out weigh the cons for me.

PIN/ID
    Ask Me!
    Quote Originally Posted by Ge View Post
    After using the Bold for 3 months, there is no way for me to go back to the Curve. The pros out weigh the cons for me.
    So glad you're happy with your Bold!

If you don't mind me asking, what are some of the pros and cons from your perspective?
    Remove PTT | OS Upgrade

I too would enjoy reading your take on it. Others have said the Curve feels "cheap & plasticky". Your perspective on this would be welcome.
    Cheers
    Sent via Archer's BlackBerry 8310

BanhiDancer no está en línea Stack level 2

Thumbs up

I traded in my curve reluctantly, but I'm completely hooked now. I admit, I loved my little red curve mostly for it's looks and feel...and initially the Bold felt bulky and ugly to me. However, once I had some time to really get in there and play with it, there was no going back. I *don't* miss the loud click that the curve would make when I typed... plus, the Bold FLIES in comparison. The screen is absolutely gorgeous, everything works, and quickly too. For everything that I liked on my curve I keep finding that it's better on the Bold. I like the browser better, the media player , the way I start composing msgs for both sms and mms... I seriously don't think I could go back to the way the curve performs in comparison. I still miss the size and the cute red color, but that's definitely not enough for me to give up this piece of work. I love's me some Bold! ;}

Edit... Oh, and I wanted to mention that I personally don't find the curve "cheap & plasticky" ...it was an ox and felt indestructible to me. I do wish the Bold felt a little more substantial like the curve did. The LCD on the BOLD isn't protected by that thick (practically bulletproof ;} ) plastic covering, I do miss that. The Bold definitely feels more fragile in comparison, but it's a small price to pay I feel.
    Last edited by BanhiDancer; 11-20-2008 at 07:48 AM.

RogerG no está en línea Stack Administrator
    I too would enjoy reading your take on it. Others have said the Curve feels "cheap & plasticky". Your perspective on this would be welcome.
    Cheers
    Archer, did you mean the Curve or the Bold here?

PIN/ID
    AskMe
    Oh Definitely me neither
    My take on it is that the Bold's faster processor makes the menu transitions and eye candy SOOOOOO much faster and nicer than on any other blackberry.
    Like literally. Take your bold and a curve, put them together and press the Contact icon.
    NO delay on a Bold, 1/4sec on a Curve.
    Etc...
    Also obviously the screen... GOD its like giving up my 52" HD 1080p TV and going back to SDTV lol (no offense to Curve owners dont take me wrong i LOVE the curve).
    Last but not least, design and feel ... the Bold feels and looks sexy. The Curve doesnt anymore since i touched a Bold ... but the Javelin is coming YOUHOU !!

PIN/ID
    AskMe
    Quote Originally Posted by RoGro View Post
    Im pretty sure he meant the curve and the reason behind people saying that the curve feels plasticky after using a Bold is that the Bold has that faux leather back that just makes it feel like your holding your wallet (thats what i felt lol).
    Thats my take on it!

RogerG no está en línea Stack Administrator
    Quote Originally Posted by ranxoren View Post
    Im pretty sure he meant the curve and the reason behind people saying that the curve feels plasticky after using a Bold is that the Bold has that faux leather back that just makes it feel like your holding your wallet (thats what i felt lol).
    Thats my take on it!
    I see. I just asked that because I've heard people say the Bold feels that way compared to the Curve!

PIN/ID
    AskMe
    I see. I just asked that because I've heard people say the Bold feels that way compared to the Curve!
    Indeed and my take on that is that it is because the Curve feels like ONE single piece whereas some pieces on the Bold kinda move around. (like the leather back is not stable if you pay attention you can kinda move it sideways a little).

Cheers
    Ge says he feels the Bold is better than the Curve and I was curious what his perspective was.

Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 3456789 LastLast