Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast

Just when you think you are out... ... They pull you back in...... BlackBerry Bold forum

Ge
    Ge no está en línea Stack level 4

Advertisement

Just when you think you are out...

... They pull you back in...

PIN/ID
    AskMe
    Quote Originally Posted by Ge View Post
    Just when you think you are out...

... They pull you back in...
    "think" thats the key word ... because as much as you want to think it... youre NEVER out ... hahaha
    Makes RIM look like some machiavelic demon haha

archer6 no está en línea Stack level 8
    Archers Fourth Bold...

Here's the story of my decision to buy another Bold.

Ahh the fun of PinStack, my fellow Stackers, and a lively thread in which all of you truly got me to re-think the Bold, after having what was a very rocky start with not one, but three duds.

I was enjoying participating in this tread, and read up to post number 23, then it was time for other things. Evening arrives, I return to PinStack via my BB only to see post number 30, containing this fantastic custom wallpaper of my online persona Sylvester The Cat! Well this put the biggest smile on my face and a great laugh at just how perfect it was. Hmmm... now what do I do?
    I have this wonderful wallpaper and no Bold?

Heh! Just the excuse this Stacker needed to get another Bold! I mean after all the history of my love of Sylvester the Cat goes back along ways. I will spare you the story, but leave you with this. Sylvester has a place in my heart from when I was a little kid. This wallpaper was in all my favorite colors and far too good to go unused most immediately.

So as I sit here with my newly setup Bold, with it's new wallpaper, and having changed my avatar here on PinStack, I'm a happy camper. Very happy!

A special thanks to pdxmatts for the best gift of all, a special new Sylvester.

PIN/ID
    AskMe
    Quote Originally Posted by archer6 View Post
    Archers Fourth Bold...

Ahh the fun of PinStack, my fellow Stackers, and a lively thread in which all of you truly got me to re-think the Bold, after having what was a very rocky start with not one, but three duds.

I was enjoying participating in this tread, and read up to post number 23, then it was time for other things. Evening arrives, I return to PinStack via my BB only to see post number 30, containing this fantastic custom wallpaper of my online persona Sylvester The Cat! Well this put the biggest smile on my face and a great laugh at just how perfect it was. Hmmm... now what do I do?

Heh! Just the excuse this Stacker needed to get another Bold! I mean after all the history of my love of Sylvester the Cat goes back along ways. I will spare you the story, but leave you with this. Sylvester has a place in my heart from when I was a little kid. This wallpaper was in all my favorite colors and far too good to go unused most immediately.

So as I sit here with my newly setup Bold, with it's new wallpaper, and having changed my avatar here on PinStack, I'm a happy camper. Very happy!

So see ??!! This thread had a point in the end : to get you to get another bold ! hahahaha (evil laugh lol).
    Hows this one going ? I take it youre happy with it plus Sylvester The Cat must look good on your HD Bold's screen

pdxmatts no está en línea Stack Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by archer6 View Post
    Archers Fourth Bold...

Aww. I feel all warm in my tummy So glad that you like it. You'll have to put it on your Javelin and Storm too when you get them

PIN/ID
    AskMe
    Quote Originally Posted by pdxmatts View Post
    Aww. I feel all warm in my tummy So glad that you like it. You'll have to put it on your Javelin and Storm too when you get them
    How come I dont get a special tummy warming wallpaper ?
    I like Audrey Hepburn if that helps

Quote Originally Posted by ranxoren View Post
    How come I dont get a special tummy warming wallpaper ?
    I like Audrey Hepburn if that helps
    Ok, but now you will have to keep your Bold

PIN/ID
    AskMe
    hahaha its AWESOME ! thanks so much!! I will just for that !!

Ok, but now you will have to keep your Bold
    Wow pdxmatts you are lightning fast!

Google search, works everytime. Hey Archer, can I become one of your employees, so I can get a Bold too?

PIN/ID
    AskMe
    Looks amazing on my Bold :

Thanks so much!

ps: yes times and locations are blacked out i dont want anybody stalking me haha :P

PIN/ID
    AskMe
    Google search, works everytime. Hey Archer, can I become one of your employees, so I can get a Bold too?
    +1 i like the way Archer treats his employees! I want a next gen blackberry and a thinkpad altho ill probably end up using my MBP lol

I'm getting that warm tummy feeling again Your very welcome..

PIN/ID
    AskMe
    I'm getting that warm tummy feeling again Your very welcome..
    You gotta give credit where credit is due, your work is amazing.

A quick report on my new Bold,
    I just finished upgrading to 4.6.0.190, thanks for the reminder ranxoren! Prior to .190 all was well, so I cannot say that I upgraded to fix a problem....YAY! There is a noticeable difference in a few areas. This Bold has a very solid feel to the entire unit. No creaks, movement, or any other disconcerting issues with the housing, battery door etc. Also the silver surround is affixed in a very sturdy way. Also of note, is that the appearance of the silver rim is less bright, and more of a brushed matte finish, although it is the same, no texture or brush marks if you will. Just not as shiny as the earlier models I had. I like it better, as I prefer a less shiny BB, and while I would actually prefer the all black model, I'll have an 8900 before too long. Due to the fact I've not had it that long, I've only given the various features and subsystems a cursory check, but overall this one looks & feels good. I believe we're off to a good start.

Cheers...