Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Originally Posted by ranxoren Haha alright then... i think im slowly being more and more ... BlackBerry Bold forum

archer6 no está en línea Stack level 8

Advertisement

Quote Originally Posted by ranxoren View Post
    Haha alright then... i think im slowly being more and more confident about this ...
    My compliments for doing a very comprehensive job of thinking this through, evaluating your options, and making the decision to sell. I see absolutely no down side. Your points are very well taken and I believe that you will be quite relieved to sell your Bold since you have a good solid buyer now. After all, the wait for your next new BlackBerry will not be long at all.

Secondly, I would like to thank you for giving me the feedback that has assisted me in making the very same decision. I value your opinion as not only a knowledgeable member of our community, but also as one who takes a carefully measured approach.

Thus instead of allowing myself to be lured back to a Bold simply because of the 3G, I too am going to wait. At the end of the day, I do know there are far too many pros, & too few cons for me to _not_ get an 8900 running on EDGE.

Nice Work!
    Cheers...

RogerG no está en línea Stack Administrator
    LOL! Good for you, ranx.

Capdot no está en línea Stack level 5
    What if you get the javelin and it feels cheap? What if the first javelins that come out are plagued by problems too? What if the browser is exactly the same on the bold? What if?
    ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

PIN/ID
    AskMe
    Quote Originally Posted by Capdot View Post
    What if you get the javelin and it feels cheap? What if the first javelins that come out are plagued by problems too? What if the browser is exactly the same on the bold? What if?
    My Bold was from the first Canadian batch on Rogers launch day and it does not feel cheap, does not have problems and the browser is more than enough for me
    Im confident that ill live with my Bold until i get my Javelin and then sell it and life will be perfect

So in some way your bold is holding you back from feeling free? I just have a hard time understanding that you would use something for three months that wasn't quite adequite for you. If I remember correctly you were always saying that the bold was a good device and I had gotten the impression that you were happy with it.

While I do understand your concerns with the points you have brought up, here is why I think that the 8900 will be just fine.

First, the design is very straightforward and upon very close inspection of the pictures one can see that the construction is a lot like the 83xx series with a very good fitting flush battery door. This as opposed to the battery door with compound curves and a rather "tub" like shape. There is no protruding trim around the perimeter of the phone as there is on the Bold. The camera is flush with the battery door, and has a nice clear cover over the lens. By the time it is released, even if only in a few weeks, the OS will be well sorted out. Battery life will be excellent, without the drain of 3G. There is simply too much going for this model to disappoint. Could I be wrong? Absolutely beyond a shadow of a doubt, however that is a chance I will take.

Cheers...

PIN/ID
    AskMe
    So in some way your bold is holding you back from feeling free? I just have a hard time understanding that you would use something for three months that wasn't quite adequite for you. If I remember correctly you were always saying that the bold was a good device and I had gotten the impression that you were happy with it.
    I never said i wasnt happy with my Bold, i just KNOW ill be happier with the Javelin or the Storm.
    The Bold is an AMAZING device, I just have this bad habit and Archer and Nicky can jump on this same train () of always wanting to stay on top of new technology and whenever something new comes out it makes me feel like what i have is outdated, I do this because i can afford it and again to me the Bold is an amazing Device.
    I just dont want to feel like I have a transition device anymore i want a true next gen experience.
    I know im sick :P.
    So to anybody that was looking for Bold bashing fear not I truly still think its amazing and hence the reason why I decided in the end to stick with my Bold until the Javelin releases and as Archer cleverly said to me "The Storm ... we'll wait for v2".
    I still am a big Bold advocate and will always recommend it to anybody looking for an amazing device.

Question

So in some way your bold is holding you back from feeling free? I just have a hard time understanding that you would use something for three months that wasn't quite adequate for you.
    @ Capdot, I completely understand the position ranxoren is in. You have stated that you have a hard time understanding his position, and I understand your position as well. Don't get me wrong, I'm not trying to placate either of you, however if we step back, look at the big picture, we are all individuals who in many cases do not understand each others actions or choices. That said, the reason I feel that I do understand each of you well, is that I have been in both positions. Your thoughts Capdot of "what if" as you expressed in a prior post. And ranxorens position of seeking to find just the right device for himself. The fact that he used it for three months in no way suggests that he had fully accepted it, after all, he has the right to change his mind about it at this juncture.

I too have also ridden this roller coaster of indecision. Normally a very decisive person, there are those times when I want to bounce and idea or thought off one of my peers that has similar interests, which is exactly what ranxoren is doing here. He is sharing thoughts, asking for feedback in an attempt to reach a decision that he is satisfied with. After all that goes on with all of us here to one extent or the other. The fact that he is vacillating back and forth is a normal part of the process, even if it is frustrating to experience. How many posts have I made about my concerns with the keyboard, since I could not get my hands on one until they were released by AT&T?

I never said i wasnt happy with my Bold, i just KNOW ill be happier with the Javelin or the Storm.
    @ ranxoren, having read your update which talked about this ordeal if you will, and being in a very similar position to you, I do understand your indecision based your most current experience returning to your Curve. However to put that into perhaps a different perspective for you, think of this. The Curve _should_ feel_old and quite different as after all, it is. Next one must ask themselves, could I use the Curve for a few days after which I most probably would not be noticing the glaring differences I am noticing now? The only reason I would encourage you to stay on the same path of selling your Bold, is you have seller in hand ready to pay you appropriately for the Bold. Thus unless money is no object, I personally would sell it. If the state of the economy was different I would hang onto it. If the demand was as sure to be as strong in a month as it is now, I would hang onto it. However in this very uncertain and poor economy, I would not hesitate to sell it now, knowing you have already made the decision to sell it at some point anyway.

So that is my take. Or 2 cents as they say.

Cheers...

PIN/ID
    AskMe
    Quote Originally Posted by archer6 View Post
    @ Capdot, I completely understand the position ranxoren is in. You have stated that you have a hard time understanding his position, and I understand your position as well. Don't get me wrong, I'm not trying to placate either of you, however if we step back, look at the big picture, we are all individuals who in many cases do not understand each others actions or choices. That said, the reason I feel that I do understand each of you well, is that I have been in both positions. Your thoughts Capdot of "what if" as you expressed in a prior post. And ranxorens position of seeking to find just the right device for himself. The fact that he used it for three months in no way suggests that he had fully accepted it, after all, he has the right to change his mind about it at this juncture.

I too have also ridden this roller coaster of indecision. Normally a very decisive person, there are those times when I want to bounce and idea or thought off one of my peers that has similar interests, which is exactly what ranxoren is doing here. He is sharing thoughts, asking for feedback in an attempt to reach a decision that he is satisfied with. After all that goes on with all of us here to one extent or the other. The fact that he is vacillating back and forth is a normal part of the process, even if it is frustrating to experience. How many posts have I made about my concerns with the keyboard, since I could not get my hands on one until they were released by AT&T?
    That is exactly what i am going through. Mind you i have definitely accepted the Bold and still believe its a great device. Just not "good enough" for my taste knowing that updated versions of the whole other line are coming.
    If anybody is wondering whether to get the Bold or not; look at the other upcoming devices, if none is as appealing to you as the Bold; go for it you will not be disappointed.

@ ranxoren, having read your update which talked about this ordeal if you will, and being in a very similar position to you, I do understand your indecision based your most current experience returning to your Curve. However to put that into perhaps a different perspective for you, think of this. The Curve _should_ feel_old and quite different as after all, it is. Next one must ask themselves, could I use the Curve for a few days after which I most probably would not be noticing the glaring differences I am noticing now? The only reason I would encourage you to stay on the same path of selling your Bold, is you have seller in hand ready to pay you appropriately for the Bold. Thus unless money is no object, I personally would sell it. If the state of the economy was different I would hang onto it. If the demand was as sure to be as strong in a month as it is now, I would hang onto it. However in this very uncertain and poor economy, I would not hesitate to sell it now, knowing you have already made the decision to sell it at some point anyway.
    I understand where you are coming from and the current economical conjuncture would make me do what you are saying money is the least of my worry in my quest for the perfect device because i always find a way to sell my current one if needed for at least what i paid for it and because i can afford it.
    And buyers are easy to come by in my field, i will find another solid buyer whenever i am ready it took me 4hours to find this one.

When it comes to taking a few days to learn to overlook the Curve's "flaws" (mind you it still believe its the best Blackberry to date if only it has a faster processor and 4.6 -> this is where the Javelin comes in) i really dont believe i can. I am a really picky person and i need things the way i like them and thats the way I do everything from my Job to my social life to my blackberrys .
    I will definitely give the Storm a try when it is available for sale but i know that ultimately the perfect device for me will be the Blackberry Javelin 8900 and in the future his 3G baby brother.

I am a really picky person and i need things the way i like them and thats the way I do everything from my Job to my social life to my blackberrys .
    I will definitely give the Storm a try when it is available for sale but i know that ultimately the perfect device for me will be the Blackberry Javelin 8900 and in the future his 3G baby brother.
    You seem quite certain in knowing what you want. Out of curiosity, just what was this all about then?

PIN/ID
    AskMe
    Quote Originally Posted by archer6 View Post
    You seem quite certain in knowing what you want. Out of curiosity, just what was this all about then?
    As you can see there was about an hour and a half time difference between my initial post and the one you are quoting. I gave it a lot more thinking and the part you quoted is my end result.
    This was all about me deciding and wanting other people's input as i definitely dont see my opinion as the last word and i respect every other stacker's answers and i always learn from everybody.
    And for all I know this post might have gotten people that were going to get the Bold because they were sick of waiting to wait (read : YOU Archer lol) and to give insight on my own opinions about the Bold.

Thats what it was all about.

I totally understand that everything is based on personal preference and personal needs and that which in turns makes everyones opinion they're own statement only relevant to themselves.

I was just curious why ran was gonna sell something that was working for him to go to a device that was obviously a step back in progress. He explained himself and although I still did not understand why its still his decision and his alone.

In my "What If" post I was trying to point out that the javeline might not be a better device, It might be and then it might not and then where does that leave us.
    As human beings we strive for excellence and perfection knowing that it's impossible to acheive such a thing. we obtain a device and even though it works great for us and fullfills all our needs we still want and search for that better thing (whatever it might be)only to rag on the new thing that comes out that falls short of the great device that we already have. That sir is insane or crackberry syndrom.

PIN/ID
    AskMe
    I totally understand that everything is based on personal preference and personal needs and that which in turns makes everyones opinion they're own statement only relevant to themselves.

I was just curious why ran was gonna sell something that was working for him to go to a device that was obviously a step back in progress. He explained himself and although I still did not understand why its still his decision and his alone.

In my "What If" post I was trying to point out that the javeline might not be a better device, It might be and then it might not and then where does that leave us.
    As human beings we strive for excellence and perfection knowing that it's impossible to acheive such a thing. we obtain a device and even though it works great for us and fullfills all our needs we still want and search for that better thing (whatever it might be)only to rag on the new thing that comes out that falls short of the great device that we already have. That sir is insane or crackberry syndrom.
    This is probably the greatest post out of this thread. Hats off my friend.

pdxmatts no está en línea Stack Moderator
    Very interesting read. I like everyone's point of view. I felt the same way when I had an 8320 and an 8120. I felt like I was going to go insane trying to make a choice. What did I do in the end? I kept both since TMO let me upgrade at the sale price for both. I am defiinately getting the 8900 when it comes out. I just think the Bold will be to big for me and the Curve II sounds like just the right size with the Curvish features that I love.

pdxmatts no está en línea Stack Moderator
    P.S. Archer6, if your thinking of getting rid of your bold, then what's going to happen to the wallpaper I made for you.. heehee

Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast