Page 1 of 9 123456 ... LastLast

Update: After using my Curve for two hours i realize that it would be too ... BlackBerry Bold forum

PIN/ID
    AskMe
    Blog Entries

Post Thinking of selling my Bold tonight ...

Update: After using my Curve for two hours i realize that it would be too hard of a step back for me to be able to enjoy it and not miss my Bold... I have officially now decided to stick with my Bold and just buy the Javelin when it comes out and sell my Bold then. Yes I will lose some money as this way would have allowed me to not spend anything on the Javelin besides what i would make with the Bold tonight but hey i am a crackberry addict and must put up with it hahaha - Mind you my Bold will go up for sale the second i get a Javelin.

As much as i CANNOT wait for the Javelin i was really chocked that i cannot put up with a previous gen device anymore ...
    I have been too pampered by 4.6 and the AMAZING speeds of the next gen devices (the 8220 is as fast as the Bold btw in normal everyday use - maybe not on paper). You officially cannot go back to current gen devices after having played with the next gen ones - or the transition one for that matter - for an extensive period of time.

Thanks everybody for all the input and hopefully this post will give people some of my insight on having a Bold.

Original post:
    Yeah I've been thinking and i THINK I decided to go through with this ... ME yes ME the biggest Bold advocate on the stacks i think ... I decided to sell my Bold to this guy tonight, go back to a 8310 and wait for either the Javelin or the Storm whichever comes first (i'm willing to switch one of my lines to Bell or Telus to get it).
    My reasons might sound ridiculous but after having been using the Bold for 3months now i really start to feel like it is definitely a transition device.
    I know i am probably the only person thinking that around the World as everybody is amazed by all the new technology the Bold has and don't take me wrong it is indeed phenomenal. But little things here and there made me want to wait for the true next gen Blackberrys.

What do I mean by transition device ? Lets compare the Bold to the other new BBs:
    *Mini USB on Bold VS Micro USB on the rest (8220,8900,9500/30)
    *Rounded back and flat front on Bold VS rounded front and flat back on the rest (8220,8900,9500/30)
    *Hard to take out battery door on Bold VS the new latch mechanism on the rest (8220,8900,9500/30)
    And other stuff that i thought of but cant come up with right now ...
    I have been looking at pictures of the Javelin and the Storm and have owned a Flip and they all have that new look that I for some reason love and cant see in my Bold.
    I definitely liked the Bold, mind you I LOVE it. But to me it feels too much like RIM's first try in next gen devices, and I think that the next Bold will be truly amazing with all the above improvements and more.

Now most of you will probably call me crazy for doing this but for some reason it feels right ...
    How long will I have to wait ? Hopefully not long as both the Javelin and the Storm are scheduled for a "Before the holidays" release on respectively Rogers (internal rogers roadmap) and Bell/Telus (see their microsite).

I am writing this post asking for your inputs as there's only three hours left before the person comes.

Let me know what you guys think im really curious.

Thanks everybody.
    Last edited by ranxoren; 11-11-2008 at 03:46 PM.

matthiasj no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    243C4CBB
    i didn't read the post, but i'll buy it
    BB 8310 Titanium | OS 4.5.0.81 | Seidio Hybrid Case

My Blogspot

PIN/ID
    AskMe
    Blog Entries
    The point of the post is that I already have a buyer and im pretty positive i want to go through with this but i still have a LITTLE voice in my head doubting and i wanted people's input on it.

RogerG no está en línea Stack Administrator
    Blog Entries
    Ranx,

I think 3 months is enough time to make a decision like this. Granted, I don't have the firsthand experience you do with Bold, but I tend to agree with your assessment that it is indeed a transition device.

It's a great looking device, for sure, loaded with next-gen features, but I concur with your opinion that it "looks" like all the stuff that's out there already. Let's face it.....the Jav and the Storm are some sexy looking devices! Knowing the Javelin/8900 is the same, if not similar in size, I just love the footprint and feel of my Curve, so when the 3g version of that device becomes available, that's the one for me! And everything I've seen of the Storm so far indicates it is a kick-arse device!

So yeah, you've obviously got a lot of valid reasons for selling your Bold and you love your Curve. The new devices will be out soon enough.

With all that in mind, I say go for it!

Regards,
    Roger
    It's always darkest before the dawn, so if you're gonna steal your neighbor's newspaper, that would be the time to do it.

Technical Support Blog | Forum Rules and Guidelines | Theme Posting Rules and Guidelines | Trust Level Explained

stolt no está en línea Stack level 3
    well ive owned the bold for about 6 weeks and i know what you mean, hell i nearly switched back to the 8210. I have days where i love it and days when i'm not so keen on it. For me its the size over everyhing else, yet i know it has to be that bigfor the screen size i love! decisions... decisions.

PIN/ID
    AskMe
    Blog Entries
    Thank you Roger for the great input - that is exactly how i see it so so far i'm still convinced
    I am not that concerned about losing 3G as the EDGE speeds i got on my Flip were absolutely INCREDIBLE (quote: 70times faster than EDGE ).

PIN/ID
    AskMe
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by stolt View Post
    well ive owned the bold for about 6 weeks and i know what you mean, hell i nearly switched back to the 8210. I have days where i love it and days when i'm not so keen on it. For me its the size over everyhing else, yet i know it has to be that bigfor the screen size i love! decisions... decisions.
    More than the screen its the resolution of it that i Love and the javelin coming with a slightly better resolution is one of the reasons im not too concerned about that.

joewoo no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    22CF1F2F
    If u have that lingering feeling of yearning for more out of a device, u have to satiate it... The bold doesn't do it for you... So the next one will... Sell it... Be done wit it...

Then buy my iphone to keep you entertained till the next berry..

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

PIN/ID
    AskMe
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by joewoo View Post
    If u have that lingering feeling of yearning for more out of a device, u have to satiate it... The bold doesn't do it for you... So the next one will... Sell it... Be done wit it...

Then buy my iphone to keep you entertained till the next berry..

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~
    haha i saw this one coming as soon as i saw your name but yeah i see what you mean i guess if i dont sell it ill always be like "what if..." and the more i wait the lower its value is going to get ...

catstide no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    wut?
    Blog Entries
    ranx...look.....look over that horizon........see it?.......there's a storm a comin.....
    lighten up...life's too short

my favorite cydia apps and hacks

PIN/ID
    AskMe
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by catstide View Post
    ranx...look.....look over that horizon........see it?.......there's a storm a comin.....
    i can feel it indeed ... haha

archer6 no está en línea Stack level 8
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by ranxoren View Post
    Let me know what you guys think.
    Sell it...Now!
    You will not regret it.
    No explanation required.

Cheers...

archer6 no está en línea Stack level 8
    Blog Entries
    What... ME?

I'm waiting, for sure, passing on trying another Bold, and going straight for the 8900 w/EDGE. Period.

Cheers...

PIN/ID
    AskMe
    Blog Entries
    Haha alright then... i think im slowly being more and more confident about this ...

PIN/ID
    AskMe
    Blog Entries
    GRRRRRRRRRRRR Im not sure at all anymore ... i now have been using my Curve for two hours and its driving me crazy! Slow response, freezes ...

Check the updated first post for my final decision.

Page 1 of 9 123456 ... LastLast