Just got my 9700! I'm not crazy about the case it came with (with the ... BlackBerry Bold forum

NickAC no está en línea Stack level 3

Thin holster / slip case recommendations?

Advertisement

Just got my 9700! I'm not crazy about the case it came with (with the belt clip) because it doesn't work very well if you're carrying it in your pocket.

Sorry if this has been asked before. Couldn't find any prior posts.

What I'm looking for is a slip holster similar to the older Blackberries. Not a full case that you keep on all the time. Just a slip holster with magnet to put it into holster mode. I saw a couple on ebay that looked a lot like the older BB holsters, so that should work. But ideally, I'd like something even thinner. I've looked around at Beyza, Seidio, etc., but haven't found anything that looks appealing. They don't look a whole lot thinner than the basic BB holster, and many of them look like it will be difficult to see the LED or pull the BB out of the holster rapidly.

EDIT: OOPS! I just saw this thread:

http://forums.pinstack.com/f276/case...9700_a-116828/

Sorry! Don't know how I missed it earlier! Mods, feel free to delete this thread.

waldog no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    21C43423
    Get a "Sena ultra slim" find it at senacases.com. It is slim leather and has the magnet to put the phone into sleep mode.

I saw that on the other big thread I think. Looks good. Doesn't the top obscure the LED though?

PIN/ID
    21C43423
    It does cover it, but I use the case when the phone is in my pocket. So that doesn't bother me very much.

True. Plus it looks like you can easily just pull the flap away a bit to see if the light is blinking!

PIN/ID
    21C43423
    Quote Originally Posted by NickAC View Post
    True. Plus it looks like you can easily just pull the flap away a bit to see if the light is blinking!
    Yup. I have had one for my 8900 and now my 9700. They have a 1 year warranty and are great quality.

Hope you found what you're looking for.