Hello, I have a very minor problem. My blackberry bold was upgraded to OS 6.0 ... BlackBerry Bold forum

tchhim no está en línea Stack level 1

Question Theme installation problem on Blackberry Bold 9700 w/OS 6.0 upgrade!

Advertisement

Hello,

I have a very minor problem. My blackberry bold was upgraded to OS 6.0 software. I had bought this phone used from someone else who had this on for me already. The phone works wonderful except that I can't install any blackberry themes. For instance, you would normally install OTA or desktop themes to your phone. It would appear in the setup, options, display, screen display, then move down to where "theme" usually. Please correct me if I am wrong on where the downloaded them actually goes on my BB Bold 9700. It just won't appear. Please help me!

RogerG no está en línea Stack Administrator
    Your theme(s) are most likely not compatible with the 6.0 OS. It's a great upgrade, but unfortunately, themes, apps, etc are taking awhile to catch up.

tchhim no está en línea Stack level 1
    Quote Originally Posted by RogerG View Post
    Your theme(s) are most likely not compatible with the 6.0 OS. It's a great upgrade, but unfortunately, themes, apps, etc are taking awhile to catch up.
    Would I need to download themes for BB Bold 9780 since they have an OS 6.0 software?

PapaMag no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    Nadda
    9700 Bolds are not compatible as said before, I own a blackberry theme site and upgraded mine as well and can't even make myself one lol. Hopefully the 9700 will get an official release and RIM will see the need to update Theme Builder to include other models besides the Torch

Samsung Galaxy S4
    Asus Nexus 7
    Nook Color

boomermarkovich no está en línea Stack Professional
    For whatever reason Rim has really been slow to put out a real TB6. I've built about a dozen Torch themes so far my torch and others. I would love to put a real theme on my backup 9700.
    Your gene pool needs a lifeguard

NessaPoett no está en línea Stack level 1

Themes

That had happened to me in the past but what I came to realize is if the theme isnt 6.0 then it will not appear anywhere for you to use other than your applications management list. The themes you download have to be fro OS 6.0. Hopefully this works. Look at your applications list and if you see it there but cant set as theme then that is the problem.
    Quote Originally Posted by tchhim View Post
    Hello,

I have a very minor problem. My blackberry bold was upgraded to OS 6.0 software. I had bought this phone used from someone else who had this on for me already. The phone works wonderful except that I can't install any blackberry themes. For instance, you would normally install OTA or desktop themes to your phone. It would appear in the setup, options, display, screen display, then move down to where "theme" usually. Please correct me if I am wrong on where the downloaded them actually goes on my BB Bold 9700. It just won't appear. Please help me!