Page 9 of 11 FirstFirst ... 4567891011 LastLast

Originally Posted by blaquegenius So glad I have ATT, woohoo ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~ You are ... BlackBerry Bold forum

archer6 no está en línea Stack level 8

Advertisement

Quote Originally Posted by blaquegenius View Post
    So glad I have ATT, woohoo

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~
    You are in a good position. That's for sure.... And it's only going to get better!

via: Red BB 8310
    (soon via: Bold)

PittsDriver no está en línea Stack level 3
    Quote Originally Posted by TheMan42 View Post
    To me you just seem like an AT&T fanboy really, if you honestly believe AT&T isn't missing out you'd be sadly mistaken. If AT&T had the opportunity to have UMA they'd take it. While it isn't T-Mobiles technology, they have the license for it in the US, Rogers has it in Canada.

Its great that you love AT&T, but remember that its all your matter of opinion, not fact. AT&T isn't the only carrier to have decent phones first, Verizon has it, so does T-Mobile, so does Sprint. Its all preference because there are people who love Sprint and hate Verizon, ans people who love AT&T and hate T-mobile, and so on. It all comes down to your ewxperience and your view.

what do you mean an opportunity? You think at&t doesnt have the funds or resources to implement UMA?

I dont remember the last time Verizon launched a premiere "exciting" phone other than the Voyager. Tmobile has had a couple exclusives but not on phones at&t wanted to launch first. They got the 8120 first thats about it. at&t Has had more exclusive phone launches than any other carriers. From every major phone manufacturer. Moto, Nokia, Pantech, RIM, Palm, Samsung, LG.... I have been in the cellular industry for years now. And yes I work for at&t. But that was by choice, I knew the best and wanted to work for the best. Verizon is a Very good company. But in the game of world compatibility CDMA technology cant hold its weight. 90% of their phone lineup is garbage and they lock phone features out for the consumer. T-mobile is getting bigger and bigger which is great. But they have a long long way to go. Dont even get me started about Sprint and Nextel. Sprint will be lucky to still be a business in 5 years. at&t has every opportunity in its grasps. But the UMA and wifi kick that T-mobile is on, is because of their lack in 3G technology. at&t is kicking its entire 3G coverage map right now to HSUPA, and constantly expanding.
    A&P.
    Aerobatic Pilot.
    PIN:249E6C28 feel free to add

jonnyxedge no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    28A4ED28
    Quote Originally Posted by atsmark View Post
    what do you mean an opportunity? You think at&t doesnt have the funds or resources to implement UMA?

I dont remember the last time Verizon launched a premiere "exciting" phone other than the Voyager. Tmobile has had a couple exclusives but not on phones at&t wanted to launch first. They got the 8120 first thats about it. at&t Has had more exclusive phone launches than any other carriers. From every major phone manufacturer. Moto, Nokia, Pantech, RIM, Palm, Samsung, LG.... I have been in the cellular industry for years now. And yes I work for at&t. But that was by choice, I knew the best and wanted to work for the best. Verizon is a Very good company. But in the game of world compatibility CDMA technology cant hold its weight. 90% of their phone lineup is garbage and they lock phone features out for the consumer. T-mobile is getting bigger and bigger which is great. But they have a long long way to go. Dont even get me started about Sprint and Nextel. Sprint will be lucky to still be a business in 5 years. at&t has every opportunity in its grasps. But the UMA and wifi kick that T-mobile is on, is because of their lack in 3G technology. at&t is kicking its entire 3G coverage map right now to HSUPA, and constantly expanding.

every carrier has some sort of xclusive deal or phone its about how they advertise or make it known. AT&T definately does that. Now in regards to UMA/WiFi we are using that as a way to say we have faster data, we are using it as a way to knock the wireless industry on its you know what. very major cellular is tied down or associated with a landline t-mobile isn't.. Vonage is on it's way out. T-Mobile isn't. With the use of UMA we are collecting customers who don't use the landline as much and customers who use vonage and convert them to our @home service for 10$ monthly. You cant get that from a landline company.
    We have a 3G network, but we aren;t like Verizon and AT&T who advertis tv and donwload services which a small percentage of subscrivers use. We are a little more focused on data for data .We will have 3G fully up and running very soon and we are in line to have 4G or LTE about the same time as Verizon and AT&T which we are looking 2011-2012.

However, going back to the bold, I'll be very excited to seeit launch for AT&T and T-Mobile. Not for certain when they willlaunch for certain but they will be very exciting
    The BlackBerry Guru

[x] My Minds Eye - Life Behind The Lens Of A BlackBerry
    [x] Pinstack Blog
    [x] Twitter

PIN/ID
    LESS
    ATT is set to launch their LTE/4G service by end of the year more than likely will have it out way before 2011/2012

Quote Originally Posted by RSCStacker View Post
    ATT is set to launch their LTE/4G service by end of the year more than likely will have it out way before 2011/2012
    beat me to it...
    A&P.
    Aerobatic Pilot.

PIN/ID
    LESS
    Quote Originally Posted by atsmark View Post
    beat me to it...
    Haha great minds think alike

ahah exactly!
    A&P.
    Aerobatic Pilot.

chatster18 no está en línea Stack level 5
    PIN/ID
    ASK
    Almost like Sprint/Clearwire WiMAX....will it ever come? lol TMO will get there....in the end...
    it's always greener with the other carrier...

WiMax wont come.....
    A&P.
    Aerobatic Pilot.

PIN/ID
    28A4ED28
    I'm still certain that tmobile will swipe up sprint. If for anything their data network. ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

snipes mcgee no está en línea Stack level 4
    Lol so anyone have a reasonable prediction about T-Mobile's existence in the near future?

Quote Originally Posted by jonnyxedge View Post
    I'm still certain that tmobile will swipe up sprint. If for anything their data network. ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~
    why in gods name would they do that, and how could that possibly make any sence?
    A&P.
    Aerobatic Pilot.

Quote Originally Posted by snipes mcgee View Post
    Lol so anyone have a reasonable prediction about T-Mobile's existence in the near future?
    at&t will aquire them within 5 years I bet. Hell t-mobile owns all of at&t old GSM towers.
    A&P.
    Aerobatic Pilot.

PIN/ID
    LESS
    Haha easy switch...

PIN/ID
    28A4ED28
    Well I highly doubt t-mobile will be gobbled up by at&t. That makes no sense. And I'm thinking if t-mobile was to acquire sprint we gain there customers then we would be the largest us carrier with a very strong broadband network and it'll help speed up our lte network. ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

Page 9 of 11 FirstFirst ... 4567891011 LastLast