Page 8 of 11 FirstFirst ... 34567891011 LastLast

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~ Shame it doesn't come to T-Mobile at the same time as AT&T, ... BlackBerry Bold forum

TheMan42 no está en línea Stack level 1

Advertisement

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

Shame it doesn't come to T-Mobile at the same time as AT&T, I work for T-Mobile and one of the greatest technologies I've ever had to pleasure to use and experience is our UMA technology which is totally the perfect compliment to the Blackberry, especially to the Bold. I have a Curve 8320 and I love it so much thanks to the Wifi and UMA tech. Its one of a kind and something AT&T is truly missing out on. The technology is unbeatable, it'd be awesome to pair the Bold with that. Oh well, ill wait for it come September

archer6 no está en línea Stack level 8
    Quote Originally Posted by vel4769 View Post
    lets examine this much closer. The rates AT&T customers pay for those privileges are too high.
    ------
    Let's do examine:
    In the US you get what you pay for. That's why you pay more for premium products. A Rolex watch is more than a Casio. Therefore if one thinks the Rolex is overpriced they can simply choose to buy the Casio. The same applies with wireless carriers. If you feel that AT&T is too expensive for you, there are other choices. AT&T is the premier company.

Quote Originally Posted by vel4769 View Post
    I'm just a past att customer who got tired of getting ripped off and treated like crap from att customer service.
    ----
    This sounds more like a personal matter.

AT&T will always be number one. They continue to lead the others by a wide margine. In addtion, I travel internationally on a regular basis & my AT&T phones always provide me with excellent call quality & service all over the globe. Try that with another company!

Cheers
    via: Red BB 8310
    (soon via: Bold)
    AT&T + RIM
    Simply Brilliant!

chatster18 no está en línea Stack level 5
    PIN/ID
    ASK
    Interesting Archer...
    it's always greener with the other carrier...

archer6 no está en línea Stack level 8
    Quote Originally Posted by TheMan42 View Post
    I work for T-Mobile and one of the greatest technologies I've ever had to pleasure to use and experience is our UMA technology which is totally the perfect compliment to the Blackberry, especially to the Bold. I have a Curve 8320 and I love it so much thanks to the Wifi and UMA tech. Its one of a kind and something AT&T is truly missing out on.
    ----
    For clarification,
    Yes the technology is terrific, however it's not T-Mobiles technology.
    It's simply a technology that is employed by some carriers.

AT&T is not missing out on anything. To the contrary that's why they always get the leading edge phones first. The upcoming launch of the BlackBerry Bold is extremely important to RIM. They cannot afford to have any carrier related problems, that's why RIM chose AT&T.

It's simple really. The same holds true for Apple. The iPhone launch was crucial, so they chose AT&T. Samsung, one of the largest consumer products companies in the world chose AT&T to launch their flagship phone the BlackJack.

So do you see the pattern?

It's very clear that AT&T has the technology first, they have the best reputation, and they are highly coveted by the mobile phone manufactureres of the World!

When you want the best only AT&T can deliver.

Cheers!

Quote Originally Posted by archer6 View Post
    ----
    For clarification,
    Yes the technology is terrific, however it's not T-Mobiles technology.
    It's simply a technology that is employed by some carriers.

AT&T is not missing out on anything. To the contrary that's why they always get the leading edge phones first. The upcoming launch of the BlackBerry Bold is extremely important to RIM. They cannot afford to have any carrier related problems, that's why RIM chose AT&T.

It's simple really. The same holds true for Apple. The iPhone launch was crucial, so they chose AT&T. Samsung, one of the largest consumer products companies in the world chose AT&T to launch their flagship phone the BlackJack.

So do you see the pattern?

It's very clear that AT&T has the technology first, they have the best reputation, and they are highly coveted by the mobile phone manufactureres of the World!

When you want the best only AT&T can deliver.

Cheers!
    To me you just seem like an AT&T fanboy really, if you honestly believe AT&T isn't missing out you'd be sadly mistaken. If AT&T had the opportunity to have UMA they'd take it. While it isn't T-Mobiles technology, they have the license for it in the US, Rogers has it in Canada.

Its great that you love AT&T, but remember that its all your matter of opinion, not fact. AT&T isn't the only carrier to have decent phones first, Verizon has it, so does T-Mobile, so does Sprint. Its all preference because there are people who love Sprint and hate Verizon, ans people who love AT&T and hate T-mobile, and so on. It all comes down to your ewxperience and your view.

Also, for clarifiation. T-mobile has the license for the iPhone in Europe/U.K. AT&T only has it for the U.S.

vel4769 no está en línea Stack level 2
    Great Info Archer 6. I now see why AT&T is #1. Unfortunately, paying for the Rolex watch doesn't necessarily mean you get the Rolex treatment from customer service. But all Phone carriers have their hang ups. Thanks for analogy............

PIN/ID
    LESS
    When I had T-Mobile I went through bumps in service too. Thier customer service wasn't perfect everytime I called in. Plus one thing that always irritated me is that I never had a CORP store of theres nearby without having to travel 3 hours in either direction.

There are MANY factors as to why people choose who they choose as do the phone manufacturers in the world.

ATT will always be number one even if they don't get UMA service. Its great for T-Mobile that they have that. Maybe that will be the one technology and service that makes them break record numbers, if not then its just another reason to join them. Whatever happens happens.

PIN/ID
    LESS
    Quote Originally Posted by TheMan42 View Post

Also, for clarifiation. T-mobile has the license for the iPhone in Europe/U.K. AT&T only has it for the U.S.
    They may have had the license, but ATT still had the bigger stock of iPhones

snipes mcgee no está en línea Stack level 4
    Ok this is a great debate, but to veer back on topic...

I'm planning on getting the Bold when it drops. But I JUST picked up an 8310 this past Thanksgiving, and won't be due for an upgrade until about the same time this year.

I'd like to know if a mail in rebate(if any applies at the time) would work since ~$500 is kinda pricey and I always appreciate a smaller dent in the wallet. I was told a few weeks ago that it would still work, although I'm nowhere near being a new customer.

chatster18 no está en línea Stack level 5
    PIN/ID
    ASK
    If I were you I would call in (when the BOLD comes out) and follow Archers instructions. (See Below) When you do this, dont be surprised to be turned down the first 2-3-4 maybe even 5 times. Just stick with it, and eventually they will concede. Because after all, they want your business.

Quote Originally Posted by archer6 View Post
    ----
    I agree with pdxmatts

When I'm ready to buy a new BB I always call into customer service. I'm friendly and simply ask for what I want. I remind them in a nice way, how long I've been a customer and that I'm very happy with the service. If they do not meet the price I'm offering to pay, I say I understand. And would they please put their supervisor on the phone so that I can tell that person how courteous they were even though they could not help me. Now here's an important point. Remember the first person you talk to is not a decision maker & has no power. Therefore when the super comes on the line I compliment the first person. The super is always curious when I simply mention in passing the person could not help me and keep talking without making anything of it. Then when it's the supers turn & he/she asks I downplay it and say that it's me as I wanted a discount. By being calm, pleasant, matter of fact, I've always had the super extend a discount, ship it overnight for free & everyone wins.
    Hope this helps some of you who like myself are not eligible for an upgrade. I can never wait that long...

And remember, there is no such thing as owning too many BlackBerry's...

Last edited by chatster18; 05-24-2008 at 06:34 PM. Reason: the quote...
    it's always greener with the other carrier...

PIN/ID
    LESS
    Haha I'll still give ya the rebates

Shh. Just don't tell anyone

When 8310 launched I shipped out like 12-15 of them to Stackers all by 3pm for next day delivery
    Last edited by RSCStacker; 05-24-2008 at 07:57 PM.

snipes mcgee no está en línea Stack level 4
    Quote Originally Posted by RSCStacker View Post
    Haha I'll still give ya the rebates

Shh. Just don't tell anyone

When 8310 launched I shipped out like 12-15 of them to Stackers all by 3pm for next day delivery
    Haha well can you add me to the list of discounted Stackers? I'd definitely appreciate that!

PIN/ID
    LESS
    Just pm me the details and I'll save your info when it does launch.

blaquegenius no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    316dfa3c
    So glad I have ATT, woohoo

Page 8 of 11 FirstFirst ... 34567891011 LastLast