Page 7 of 11 FirstFirst ... 234567891011 LastLast

Originally Posted by atsmark They reason you are paying second rate prices with T-mobile is ... BlackBerry Bold forum

ziminvades no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    Ask Me

Advertisement

Quote Originally Posted by atsmark View Post
    They reason you are paying second rate prices with T-mobile is because T-mobile is a second rate wireless carrier. Everyone else pays the same blackberry data coverage prices except TM. Thats because statistically you wont be in service areas as much. I know in the bay area people with TM have horrible service, might as well get metro. Blackberry devices were designed with traveling business men in mind. Cant travel nationwide with a carrier like TM and be confident in your coverage. I know because I had it.
    One thing I learned-everyones experience is different. Some people prefer Target and Some prefer Wal-mart. They both are the same-giant retailers taking every bit of money we earn. It falls under personal preference.I had great service traveling from texas to michagian. Texas to california. Texas to florida. Texas to maine. Nothing but great coverage. I'm a 10y customer. I have seen them transfer from voicestream to tmobile and they have grown! I've never seen second rate anything. Once again-everyone has a preference. You can find people who side for each side and it will probably come out to an egual amount. Now, the area your in probably isn't a tmo mareket but comparing your coverage and assuming that it's nation wide isn't fair nor is assuming that the service you once had is the same
    Second Rate - I don't remember them advertising that one. If that was the case competitors would have a field day with comercials - haven't seen that yet

PittsDriver no está en línea Stack level 3
    You are right its all personal prefrence. But I can tell when I call somebody with Tmobile, call quality is horrible.

PIN/ID
    Ask Me
    That's funny-in my area all the verizon customers have horrible service. You can tell because the have 1 finger in the ear the phone to the other ear and they are walking around say "can you hear me now!" It's so freakin funny and completely true
    ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

PIN/ID
    LESS
    In my area its the sprint/nextel users. Verizon and att are great and T-Mobile is great when your not in a dead spot.~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~
    Last edited by RSCStacker; 05-22-2008 at 07:16 PM.

ya sprint/nextel is the worst in the bay area. T mobile for the most part is ok but I get alot of static calls.

raja_harvey no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    244762E9
    I found this on cnn mobile. Check it out!

http://m.cnn.com/cnn/ne/business_tec...il/110578/full

Interesting
    A&P.
    Aerobatic Pilot.
    PIN:249E6C28 feel free to add

geezie no está en línea Stack level 3
    sprint and verizon evdo is as nice as 3g. lol. i have the 8310 and the 8330 and i like my 8330 better.
    hello, im fabulous !!

PIN/ID
    LESS
    They will not be coherent with each other, but as long as the phone supports those frequencies both companies use then you should no issues using the 3G networks.
    Last edited by RSCStacker; 05-22-2008 at 09:16 PM. Reason: spelling errors

archer6 no está en línea Stack level 8
    Quote Originally Posted by raja_harvey View Post

Great Job raja_harvey

Thanks for the link, you're really on top of it!

Cheers

via Ubuntu Linux Thinkpad

PIN/ID
    Ask Me

Great article

vel4769 no está en línea Stack level 2
    I wasn't trying to provoke a debate regarding which carrier is better or worse (AT&T vs. Tmo). I understand that all carriers have their good and bad points. Also it's a matter of preference for some. I was only trying to point out that a carrier such as AT&T is overated when it comes to service and product exclusivity. TMO may seem like a second rate carrier to some but AT&T isn't providing first rate service for a first rate price. Thank God for competition. Can AT&T customers imagine how much more money they would be paying without a second rate carrier such as TMO? I just want the BB Bold to come to TMO so I can enjoy it like everyone else.

chatster18 no está en línea Stack level 5
    PIN/ID
    ASK

Nice find! ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

PIN/ID
    LESS
    Well if ATT didn't always deliver their products and services across the country better than T-mobile than maybe T-Mobile would get a shot. But it is what it is.

Just saw ATT tech upgrade the tower by my house to HSUPA

I get 3G speeds now. Yay!!

archer6 no está en línea Stack level 8
    Quote Originally Posted by RSCStacker View Post
    Well if ATT didn't always deliver their products and services across the country better than T-mobile than maybe T-Mobile would get a shot. But it is what it is.
    The difference, that is frequently overlooked, between T-Mobile & AT&T is that AT&T is an American Company. T-Mobile is not. Also T-Mobile has been operating in the US for less than 10yrs. Compare that to AT&T's history of many decades in the US.

Here is an excerpt:

Founded in December 1999 as a company owned by Deutsche Telecom. Since then T-Mobile became one of the leading companies in mobile communications. It was among the first to operate the GSM (Global Systems for Mobile Communications) which permitted the company to go to the next level of its development. T-Mobile and its affiliates used such technologies like GPRS, UMTS and W-LAN which were focused on the future usage. T-Mobile is concentrating its efforts on the more productive markets in Europe and the United States. The twelve T-Mobile markets serve more than 106 million users. In order to allow its customers to communicate freely while traveling abroad, the company affiliates with Free Move, a company formed of four Europe’s main phone companies – Orange, TIM (Telecom Italia Mobile), Telia Sonera and T-Mobile.

Source:
    http://www.mobile-t-mobile.com/mobile-network/t-mobile.html
    So one can now see that the US is only "One" of T-Mobiles markets. Thus we do not get full allocation of their resources. While not a bad thing, it does however limit the companies ability to react to changing market dynamics.

Having this information & knowing it's impact & limitations is the reason I chose them as my secondary carrier, while I use AT&T as my Primary carrier & always will.

via:AT&T BB 8310
    (soon via: Bold)

Page 7 of 11 FirstFirst ... 234567891011 LastLast