Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

"exclusive" does not necessarily mean "lifetime exclusive". I will wait, and stick with T-mobile. T-mo ... BlackBerry Bold forum

icaro2000 no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    Ask me!

Advertisement

"exclusive" does not necessarily mean "lifetime exclusive".

I will wait, and stick with T-mobile. T-mo is probably gonna end up buying or partnering Sprint. If that does happen then we will be looking at 4g.

macallik no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    AskMe
    This needs to be available nownow...lol

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

raton no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    7BF68784
    Let the carrier showdown begin lol

NICKY88XX no está en línea Stack level 5
    PIN/ID
    ask me
    soooo sexy... i cant wait to get my hands on one of these babies...
    www.bbmchat.com sign up today!! come follow me at www.twitter.com/bbmchat and win free blackberry of your choice and cash 1st 1,000 members. spread the word.

Hack173 no está en línea banned
    PIN/ID
    249E4D70
    ^^lol

~via BB 8320 (wap.pinstack.com)~

PIN/ID
    LESS
    4G lol..its gonna take em a long time to reach that if their barely rolling out 3G..not to mention if they buy out sprint the conversion from CDMA to GSM.~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

Raven71 no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    249F7DCD
    Unable to find anything. They were as surprised has I was.
    I told them to check the site out. So Steve from AT&T hope you come and check it out.

Raven71 no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    249F7DCD
    You know I stand corrected. Because about 2 weeks ago at another store. Thus girl was talking about it.
    It is strange how one store has better info then another.
    That was the store that also knew I needed a updated Sim to stop roaming all the time.
    They replaced my Cingular with an AT&T one.
    Still she was not expecting them for at least 2009.

archer6 no está en línea Stack level 8
    Quote Originally Posted by Lavagirl View Post
    A lot of times the Customer Reps aren't even aware of what is being released until just prior to release.
    RIM has kept this release info well protected until recently, so I wouldn't be too mad at the ATT reps for this.
    ----
    Yes, well said!

Also it's important to understand that it's the job of a salesperson to sell the phones that are in the system currently. In addition that includes what's in the stores inventory. If the sales people were busy talking up a new phone they don't have yet, many customers would wait. The adverse affect this would have on store revenue would be very harmful. Therefore companies like RIM & AT&T purposely do not share release dates & equipment details in advance. This practice is perfectly normal, customary, and practiced in most industries. After all, who would buy this years car, if they knew that a "biggerbetterfasterneater" model was due to be released in just 10 days?

For fun? Try repeating the long tongue twister word above, ten times as fast as you can.....

via: Red BB 8310

tommyq106 no está en línea Stack level 1
    PIN/ID
    244A8BB0
    Being an at&t rep and a data sme (subject matter expert) we have always been told Blackberry wanted to sort out the battery issue before releasing a 3G Blackberry. So we always heard 2009 as the earliest date on this. Blackberry is smart and they aren't going to tip their hand plus they just released a brand new Pearl like 2 weeks ago.

To answer the exclusivity question, all that means is that we (at&t) get the device first and will be the only ones to sell if for a couple of months, then they get released to the other carriers.

Quote Originally Posted by tommyq106 View Post
    To answer the exclusivity question, all that means is that we (at&t) get the device first and will be the only ones to sell if for a couple of months, then they get released to the other carriers.
    ---
    That is the way it _used to be_ but no longer is. The reason is that in the past all BlackBerrys ran on EDGE which all carriers have. That is no longer the case. The new Bold runs on a version of 3/3.5G that only AT&T has ready. Therefore the duration of AT&T's exclusive will be longer than in the past.

The other carrier that is positioned to continue to upgrade their network so as to support the Bold is T-Mobile, however for them its a matter of time & money.

Since your an AT&T rep I would enjoy the exclusive.

chknlomein no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    24646FEB
    Whammy...
    ~via my BB 8100 Pearl (wap.pinstack.com)~

Quote Originally Posted by icaro2000 View Post
    T-mo is probably gonna end up buying or partnering Sprint. If that does happen then we will be looking at 4g.
    ---
    The Bold is not designed for 4G, nor is 4G an agreed upon standard. It is a _slim_possibility far in the future, however it will probably be ignored if WiMaxx gains traction.

So the good news is what we _Can_ count on today. What is on the launch pad and soon to land at an AT&T store nearby, the one & only Bold!

There is no better time than now to join the best network, with the most phones, and cutting edge technology like the Bold - go AT&T and your problems are over.

BlackBerry Bold, by RIM...Simply Brilliant!

cherrichiodo no está en línea PINStacked!
    PIN/ID
    ATA
    i don't even have 3G where i live. honestly tho, i don't talk HP on the truck or car i drive either .. i think its a guy thing

Quote Originally Posted by cherrichiodo View Post
    i don't even have 3G where i live. honestly tho, i don't talk HP on the truck or car i drive either .. i think its a guy thing
    -----
    I am soo busted & LMAO.....

With a 500hp V-8
    Whoot...

cherrichiodo, you are so quick, I can't stop laughing....

Right on!

Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast