Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

I have to admit that I'm rough on phones and my BlackBerry s get no ... BlackBerry Bold forum

PIN/ID
    Apple

The Bold is a beast

Advertisement

I have to admit that I'm rough on phones and my BlackBerry s get no special treatment. My Bold just decided to jump out of the holster and free fall for 10 feet onto the concrete below. Battery cover and battery went flying. Put it all back together and despite a few more scratches everything is all good. I've heard people saying that the Bold is fragile, I don't see that in mine. Just wanted to share. Peace
    ~via smartphone mobile.pinstack.com~

chokem no está en línea PINStacked!
    PIN/ID
    nada
    I agree, they are not fragile. This is by far the best device I've owned, and I've had almost every make and model there is.

banglaberry no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    2569B255
    I will give it a try- I mean, will see if mine is a beast too. You guys have made me curious. Will report results soon. Keep your fingers crossed.

RogerG no está en línea Stack Administrator
    Quote Originally Posted by banglaberry View Post
    I will give it a try- I mean, will see if mine is a beast too. You guys have made me curious. Will report results soon. Keep your fingers crossed.
    Make a video for us!

PIN/ID
    2569B255
    Quote Originally Posted by RoGro View Post
    Make a video for us!
    My hands shaking, my heart thumping lol

ealvnv no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    ask me
    mine took a shower yesterday morning, by the night my badboy was ready to rock againg, so im with you is not that fragile
    When i say i have Bold family phones, I meant it, from the older to the younger, even the unborn ;)

granwsmith no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    2093876C
    I baby my BOLD, maybe cuz its only a wk old. But when I dropped it out of my hand and is hit the concrete, it felt like dropping a newborn.
    After a very intense close inspection, I have the tiniest of scratches on the silver outline.
    That's it. Scary as hell, but both daddy and baby are fine.
    You guys are nuts to drop it on purpose, but I wait anxiously for the results.

PIN/ID
    2569B255
    Dropped it from 15 feet above tiled floor with back facing the floor. Back cover and battery came off. No scratches, nothing else broke. Trackball jammed, device bricked!!! Spent three hours on it, and here I am reporting, using my bold and beautiful- it's all smiles around here. Cheerio! Statutory warning: this stunt was performed by a lucky professional DON'T EVEN THINK OF TRYING IT.

ealvnv no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    ask me
    Lol

Morgase no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    ASKME4IT
    I was showing my Bold to another BB friend using a Curve. A coworker bumped into me and my Bold went flying! My heart raced. My first instinct was to rip the head off the co-worker for injuring my Bold in such a cruel way. I was calm. Walked across the room, picked it up and there were no problems at all. Still wanted to inflict bodily injury to someone but the bb is fine..

I was almost sick reading Banglaberry's post. I baby my Bold.
    Sometimes at night, the Moon howls and the Wolves listen.

~Morgase~
    Device Pro, Bellshare Moderator

For Bellshare support please go to:
    Bellshare Customer Service

tonyr38663 no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    20CF2EAF
    Havent dropped mine yet but the trackball seems better than my pearl aleast i hope so. Anyone with trackball problems yet?

bwag717 no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    24A0A931
    Not a one. I cringe whenever I miss my clip and it hits the floor. Wish the Bold had the LED lights under the trackball.

PIN/ID
    Apple
    No trackball issues here. I've even colored. I've seen some posts about replacing the trackball with a colored one with mixed reviews. I used a blue sharpie and couldn't be happier.

chokem no está en línea PINStacked!
    PIN/ID
    nada
    No issues with mine either. I think it has a lot to do with not letting dirt and lint get inside.

jchapman01 no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    24a51ff4
    I've been using my bold since Christmas Eve and I occasionally have trackball problems. I just lick my thumb and roll the ball around. As far as toughness goes-- I drop mine almost everyday when I get out of my truck and it is just fine!! I've been lucky so far because the only scratch on the device is from trying to plug in the charger in the dark (D'oh!) I used to use one of those scratch proof invisibleSHIELDS, but I didn't like the feel of the guards or the orange peel look on the screen, so I changed it out for a store bought guard. Its not as durable, but i like that you can't tell that there's a screen guard on.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast