Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Originally Posted by smooth10 Well I can say that I've owned more BlackBerry's than any ... BlackBerry Bold forum

JavaBratt no está en línea Stack Professional

Advertisement

Quote Originally Posted by smooth10 View Post
    Well I can say that I've owned more BlackBerry's than any other device. When I think about it, I've owned more BlackBerry's than all the other devices put together. I still use a BlackBerry as a secondary phone. However, the truth of the matter is BlackBerry's aren't stepping up to the plate. Their software is sub-par at best and their devices aren't anything innovative. They just continue to release phone after phone without really addressing the problems.

I don't think RIM knows who they are anymore. They are just reacting to the market. For example, I used the Storm for a long time but let's be honest, they just released that to compete with the iPhone. That tells me that they don't have a true vision as a company. The Torch is a joke (at least here in Canada). It gets returned the most. I have a business partner who also works at Rogers retention and he spoke with a man today who has returned his Torch 9 times! I wouldn't say 9 times is common but I can easily tell you that the Torch is being sent back the most for Rogers at this point in time. There's a reason BlackBerry is losing market share. In my opinion, if it weren't for BBM, RIM would be left with a market share of less than half of what they have now. There is nothing a BlackBerry running BlackBerry OS 6 or 7 can do better than Android or iOS. They have great keyboards if you want to count that I guess...

JavaBratt is correct in stating people will always be biased when it comes to the device they own. I own two and I can tell you which is better without being biased.
    I hope the 9900 series does better because I wouldn't mind it as a second phone. I got my hands on one on the release date and low and behold, any time I pressed the back button it was going to the multitask screen. I mean I was using it right out of the box. After repeated tries to fix it I gave up and resorted to the "fix all" battery pull and the problem was solved. I find this very, very sad. I'm hoping this was my bad luck because I would invest in the 9900. Time will tell I guess.
    I am, and likely will always be, a BlackBerry fan. But I do agree that the only thing that sets a BB apart from any other device is BBM and perhaps a handful of apps. Otherwise just about any device has mobile web, email, etc. And lets not forget, more apps than you can shake a stick at.

But I have to admit that it is sad when RIM continues to release updates, which either don't address issues or create whole new ones. The same goes for the release of new devices. But with all the devices they have released, and all with their own quirks, RIM acts as if coming out with ONE that doesn't have an issue is about as easy as nailing Jello to a tree.

Don't get me wrong. As big of a fan of BB as I am, I would have much rather seen ONE really good BlackBerry OS6 device released, rather than five brand new OS7 devices when previous OS's are still having issues. But that's just my two cents worth

Attachment 33354

I wish I had a video of the multitasking problem. Any one else had the issue with the back button going to multitasking?
    What do you mean by "multitasking"?

Are you referring to the switch app screen when you hold down the menu button?
    iPhone 5C | iOS 7.0.4
    iPad 3 - 32GB | iOS 7.0.4

Theme Support Info

smooth10 no está en línea Stack level 5
    PIN/ID
    21CB9337
    Haha nailing Jello to a tree! You are hilarious.
    I agree, I would love to see ONE amazing device that rocks and is so far ahead of everyone else that it can last 6 months to a year without releasing a flurry of devices.

Yes, in regards to the switch app screen when you hold down the menu button. For some reason, whenever I pushed the back button, it was going to that screen. Weird... But it did stop after a battery pull and hasn't returned since (it was my friend's new phone).

Haha nailing Jello to a tree! You are hilarious.
    I agree, I would love to see ONE amazing device that rocks and is so far ahead of everyone else that it can last 6 months to a year without releasing a flurry of devices.

Yes, in regards to the switch app screen when you hold down the menu button. For some reason, whenever I pushed the back button, it was going to that screen. Weird... But it did stop after a battery pull and hasn't returned since (it was my friend's new phone).
    Ah, OK. I haven't had that problem myself (knock on wood lol). I've only had my 9650 a couple of months at most and the only real issue I've had so far is the previously mentioned browser issue brought up by the OP. That and it does seem to take as long (if not longer) to boot up than my 8530 did. But I blame that on having more apps installed since I don't have to horde memory any more LOL! Otherwise I love it. My only wish is that the BB battery life didn't royally suck
    iPhone 5C | iOS 7.0.4

Theme Support Info

PIN/ID
    21CB9337
    Quote Originally Posted by JavaBratt View Post
    Ah, OK. I haven't had that problem myself (knock on wood lol). I've only had my 9650 a couple of months at most and the only real issue I've had so far is the previously mentioned browser issue brought up by the OP. That and it does seem to take as long (if not longer) to boot up than my 8530 did. But I blame that on having more apps installed since I don't have to horde memory any more LOL! Otherwise I love it. My only wish is that the BB battery life didn't royally suck
    Oh okay, well I assume it was just the 9900 device I was holding. It's supposed to have more RAM than any other BlackBerry so I was shocked that out of the box it was acting up (especially since no 3rd party apps were installed at that point).
    Battery life sucks on a lot of phones. All I try to do is keep my screen as dim as possible while still being legible to read.

Oh okay, well I assume it was just the 9900 device I was holding. It's supposed to have more RAM than any other BlackBerry so I was shocked that out of the box it was acting up (especially since no 3rd party apps were installed at that point).
    Battery life sucks on a lot of phones. All I try to do is keep my screen as dim as possible while still being legible to read.
    That is weird, but yet somehow its not surprising lol

I also keep my screen as dim as possible while having it shut off as quickly as possible. I keep all ringers set to a volume of 1-2, which I read somewhere is supposed to help. I have Battery Booster Professional by S4BB limited, which I carried over from my 8530. It does help, whereas many others I tried only caused more battery drain. But I also have SocialScope which runs in the background and updates every 30 minutes, BerryWeather which updates every hour and SmrtGuard which I changed to run only once a week because the battery was dying even faster once I started using it. To say the least I have charging pods all over my house and a car charger too lol
    iPhone 5C | iOS 7.0.4

Theme Support Info

PIN/ID
    21CB9337
    Quote Originally Posted by JavaBratt View Post
    That is weird, but yet somehow its not surprising lol

I also keep my screen as dim as possible while having it shut off as quickly as possible. I keep all ringers set to a volume of 1-2, which I read somewhere is supposed to help. I have Battery Booster Professional by S4BB limited, which I carried over from my 8530. It does help, whereas many others I tried only caused more battery drain. But I also have SocialScope which runs in the background and updates every 30 minutes, BerryWeather which updates every hour and SmrtGuard which I changed to run only once a week because the battery was dying even faster once I started using it. To say the least I have charging pods all over my house and a car charger too lol
    Well then! You have all the trick up your sleeve. I just started using Twitter on my iPhone so I don't know how much my battery will be affected. I assume that's the culprit (Social Scope).

happyrc no está en línea Stack level 1
    hello everyone I'm am new to the community I am happy to be here

Quote Originally Posted by happyrc View Post
    hello everyone I'm am new to the community I am happy to be here
    We're happy that you're here! Welcome to the community.

BestWitted no está en línea Stack level 7
    Quote Originally Posted by xRuhRohx View Post
    And I love how the non BlackBerry users chime in saying to buy someone else.
    There is nothing wrong with a BlackBerry. It can do everything the other phones do, and usually better.
    The only thing androids and iPhones do better, is games.
    Games, really people, it is a phone, not a portable gaming system.
    Hear- Hear!

There are many things that trip your trigger when it comes to selecting a phone......many of us have gone to Phone Scoop with different models in hand looking at a comparative matrix to determine phone characteristics......others just ignore this step and grab the phone that appeals to them.....I have done both but bought my first BB because of the latter.....I have over 1500 contacts....each contact has their own ring tone (song) and when their song plays----it is clear, LOUD and Bose-like in quality.....when a competitor's phone can sound as good as a BB's speaker and has a robust qwerty keyboard......that's the day I would look at a non BB device seriously....
    "We make a living by what we get, we make a life by what we give."
    Enjoying life in Lehi, UT with my BB 9780 on ATT

redagnec no está en línea Stack level 1

hi

i just purchased the blackberry bold 9780 and my country (bhutan) has lots of under developed technologies need your help in installing the opera mini browser in my cell phone the browser doesn't work but works on wifi. tell me how to download opera mini. lastly i will not fork my bb bold cause i like this phone please help

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234