Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Good luck with the Droid Pro. I hope it works out well for you.... BlackBerry Bold forum

lak611 no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    no more

Advertisement

Good luck with the Droid Pro. I hope it works out well for you.
    Laura

Follow me on Twitter @lak611

xxmrbluntsxx no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    23551C46
    Ok sorry

PIN/ID
    23551C46
    December 2010 t-mobile gets the latest and greatest blackberry os6 promised to be an awesome os! When In reality its os 5 with different icons popup menu an upgraded browser that doesn't work! So when I got the device nothing available for it apps, themes..ect so I wait and wait...finally jan 31 rim releases theme studio 6 beta that was buggy. Ok so let's talk os....285 came with it and we all know how buggy the browser was with the dissapearing browser pointer... Opon every os after that the same crap!!! Let's just say buy the time software was available for this device it was obsolete...how do you sell a device as the next greatest thing from rim and be obsolete in 6 months? Please!!!!!! That's crap man....

EricaJ1073 no está en línea PINStacked!
    I have never had a buggy browser on my Bold and the pointer never disappeared. I downloaded (and in some cases purchased) games and apps for it the day I got mine back in December 2010.

Quote Originally Posted by xxmrbluntsxx View Post
    December 2010 t-mobile gets the latest and greatest blackberry os6 promised to be an awesome os! When In reality its os 5 with different icons popup menu an upgraded browser that doesn't work! So when I got the device nothing available for it apps, themes..ect so I wait and wait...finally jan 31 rim releases theme studio 6 beta that was buggy. Ok so let's talk os....285 came with it and we all know how buggy the browser was with the dissapearing browser pointer... Opon every os after that the same crap!!! Let's just say buy the time software was available for this device it was obsolete...how do you sell a device as the next greatest thing from rim and be obsolete in 6 months? Please!!!!!! That's crap man....
    You seem to be the only person having these problems - my 9780 has been flawless. If you got a bad device, did you take our suggestion a few weeks ago and return it for a new one?

PIN/ID
    no more
    Quote Originally Posted by Mark Stone View Post
    You seem to be the only person having these problems - my 9780 has been flawless. If you got a bad device, did you take our suggestion a few weeks ago and return it for a new one?
    He could not return a device that he stuck a fork through.
    Laura

PIN/ID
    no more
    Did you get the Droid Pro? If so, how do you like it?
    Laura

Quote Originally Posted by lak611 View Post
    He could not return a device that he stuck a fork through.
    Oh that's right - I had forgotten that detail . . .:-)

PIN/ID
    23551C46
    ok so what i did was i got a 9800 from a friend that had a shattered digitizer. after doing my homework i ordered a digitizer for 17.95 and replaced it. i unlocked it for free... the torch is by far way better than the 9780. im only running edge but thats ok cause it works better than the 9780 on 3g. i really like this device fustration has passed....

PIN/ID
    no more
    ok so what i did was i got a 9800 from a friend that had a shattered digitizer. after doing my homework i ordered a digitizer for 17.95 and replaced it. i unlocked it for free... the torch is by far way better than the 9780. im only running edge but thats ok cause it works better than the 9780 on 3g. i really like this device fustration has passed....
    I'm glad your 9800 is working well for you.
    Laura

xRuhRohx no está en línea Stack level 1
    PIN/ID
    26D07FE8
    Honestly what I see here is someone who thinks that they know the ins and outs of their BlackBerry, but they really don't.
    Just install the latest OS using desktop manager and put the correct APN settings in, and be happy with your 9780.
    And you call log phone book issue was not an issue at all.
    When you hit your call button to go into your call log, there is a button to the right of the search bar, click it.
    That switches back and forth from call log to phone book.

And I love how the non BlackBerry users chime in saying to buy someone else.
    There is nothing wrong with a BlackBerry. It can do everything the other phones do, and usually better.
    The only thing androids and iPhones do better, is games.
    Games, really people, it is a phone, not a portable gaming system.

JavaBratt no está en línea Stack Professional
    Now that I have had this device for 6 months I can honestly say I hate blackberry! The browser sucks I mean since day one this browser does not work properly what soever. How many of you have had this proplem? You enter url and wait for it to send for ever only to have it pop up the error could not connect to network if this problem persist contact your service provider over and over and over again! No matter of os updates. Its a buggy piece of crap and I hate it! I went to check my call log and it took me to my contacts as if my call logs had disappeared I got so pissed I was eating a burrito and took my fork and slammed it on the screen and cracked it but I don't care cause this thing is a piece crapberry trash!
    I actually have this problem every time I perform a device reset and have found that the only thing that remidies it when it happens is to go to Manage Connections, turn off the wireless network connection and turn it back on again. So I assume it has something to do with the service books, but don't quote me on that. Afterward it works fine, but it does seem to load a slower than my 8530 did.

I've wanted to complain about it myself, but unfortunately I'm with Verizon and they're complete a$$es. It took me three weeks of going rounds with them because they charged me twice for my device when it was purchased, as well as lied to me and said I was getting a discount. Something I've grown quite used to in the YEARS I've been a customer as these issues arise almost on a monthly basis with them. But they offer the best coverage, so I suffer and deal with it
    iPhone 5C | iOS 7.0.4
    iPad 3 - 32GB | iOS 7.0.4

Theme Support Info

JavaBratt no está en línea Stack Professional
    Quote Originally Posted by xRuhRohx View Post
    Honestly what I see here is someone who thinks that they know the ins and outs of their BlackBerry, but they really don't.
    Just install the latest OS using desktop manager and put the correct APN settings in, and be happy with your 9780.
    And you call log phone book issue was not an issue at all.
    When you hit your call button to go into your call log, there is a button to the right of the search bar, click it.
    That switches back and forth from call log to phone book.

And I love how the non BlackBerry users chime in saying to buy someone else.
    There is nothing wrong with a BlackBerry. It can do everything the other phones do, and usually better.
    The only thing androids and iPhones do better, is games.
    Games, really people, it is a phone, not a portable gaming system.
    Ever noticed how BB owners will tell you to buy a BB because _____ (fill in the blank) sucks, whereas _____ (fill in the blank) owners will say buy a ____ because BB sucks? LMAO!

I just ignore it now because I've come to the conclusion that people are always going to be bias when it comes to the device brand they own.
    iPhone 5C | iOS 7.0.4
    iPad 3 - 32GB | iOS 7.0.4

Theme Support Info

smooth10 no está en línea Stack level 5
    PIN/ID
    21CB9337
    Well I can say that I've owned more BlackBerry's than any other device. When I think about it, I've owned more BlackBerry's than all the other devices put together. I still use a BlackBerry as a secondary phone. However, the truth of the matter is BlackBerry's aren't stepping up to the plate. Their software is sub-par at best and their devices aren't anything innovative. They just continue to release phone after phone without really addressing the problems.

I don't think RIM knows who they are anymore. They are just reacting to the market. For example, I used the Storm for a long time but let's be honest, they just released that to compete with the iPhone. That tells me that they don't have a true vision as a company. The Torch is a joke (at least here in Canada). It gets returned the most. I have a business partner who also works at Rogers retention and he spoke with a man today who has returned his Torch 9 times! I wouldn't say 9 times is common but I can easily tell you that the Torch is being sent back the most for Rogers at this point in time. There's a reason BlackBerry is losing market share. In my opinion, if it weren't for BBM, RIM would be left with a market share of less than half of what they have now. There is nothing a BlackBerry running BlackBerry OS 6 or 7 can do better than Android or iOS. They have great keyboards if you want to count that I guess...

JavaBratt is correct in stating people will always be biased when it comes to the device they own. I own two and I can tell you which is better without being biased.
    I hope the 9900 series does better because I wouldn't mind it as a second phone. I got my hands on one on the release date and low and behold, any time I pressed the back button it was going to the multitask screen. I mean I was using it right out of the box. After repeated tries to fix it I gave up and resorted to the "fix all" battery pull and the problem was solved. I find this very, very sad. I'm hoping this was my bad luck because I would invest in the 9900. Time will tell I guess.

smooth10 no está en línea Stack level 5
    PIN/ID
    21CB9337
    IMG-20110814-00460.jpg

I wish I had a video of the multitasking problem. Any one else had the issue with the back button going to multitasking?

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast