Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Blackberry Is one big flaw these people just can't admit it cause they have the ... BlackBerry Bold forum

xxmrbluntsxx no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    23551C46

Advertisement

Blackberry Is one big flaw these people just can't admit it cause they have the pride I once did.

I think the only problem I've had with a BlackBerry is lint gathering under the trackball on a couple of Pearls. I've used the 6230, the 7230, the 7290 3 or 4 times, 8100 Pearl twice, the 8700g twice, the 8520 Curve, 9700 and 9780 Bolds. On the 9700 and 9780 I've never had to do a battery pull, and I used the 9700 for 8 months. When I read threads like this, I think "What are these people doing with their phones?" On older models, the OS allowed apps to establish file handles, so a battery pull would be necessary from time to time to free memory. And then the lint under the trackballs - but other than that, no issues. Am I just that lucky? Do I own the only BBs that actually work? I sense a bit of embellishment afloat here . . . [grin] . . .

{edit} - oh, I forgot - the 7100t and the 7105t also - -
    Last edited by Mark Stone; 06-20-2011 at 09:12 AM.

RogerG no está en línea Stack Administrator
    I was a BlackBerry user for 10 years. 6310, couple of 7290s, couple of 8700s, couple of 8310s, a 9700 (my personal fave), and a few 9800s. Only had a bad phone once, and even then it wasn't a serious issue such as the OP describes. Guess I've been lucky, too.

EricaJ1073 no está en línea PINStacked!
    I have had the following devices: 950, 2 7730s, 3 7100ts, 2 7105ts (personal favorite), 3 8100s, 3 8120s and now the 9780. Only bad phones I had OS wise were the Pearls that I had to send back because they were rebooting beyond restoration. Other issues arised due to normal wear and tear. But I have NEVER had the problems the OP posted.

chokem no está en línea PINStacked!
    PIN/ID
    nada
    ​Galaxy S4 Red

Capdot no está en línea Stack level 5
    Why were you eating a burrito with a fork?

Sorry about your Blackberry. What phone do you think you will pick up next?

smooth10 no está en línea Stack level 5
    PIN/ID
    21CB9337
    Quote Originally Posted by chokem View Post
    You kill me chokem!

I have a 9700 running .448 and I've never been more impressed with a BlackBerry since my Curve 8310. Mark Stone posted a good article and I think it sheds light on some things.
    I, like Erica, have had many BlackBerry devices including multiple devices of one model and I haven't had any major issues. I just think other devices are offering more (but that's another issue for another thread).
    I think some people have bad luck and some people have good luck. The original post is abnormal for any device. There are many members on PinStack and there have never been such issues to that extreme... Especially nothing warranty couldn't solve.

Once again, sorry about your device but hopefully the next device will be better... Whatever device that may be... (ahem, Apple iDevice)

lak611 no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    no more
    Quote Originally Posted by smooth10 View Post
    Once again, sorry about your device but hopefully the next device will be better... Whatever device that may be... (ahem, Apple iDevice)
    Once again, I highly warn the OP about getting an iPhone. His carrier is T-Mobile USA. If he were to get an iPhone and get it unlocked, he would only get EDGE, not 3G, due to the frequency bands that T-Mobile USA uses for their 3G network.

An Android device branded to T-Mobile USA, or an unlocked Wind Mobile (Canada) or Cincinnati Bell Android device would get 3G on T-Mobile.

The OP complained about slow browsing speeds. He would have the slow EDGE network with an iPhone (unless he used Wi-Fi). Also, he could not use voice and data simultaneously unless connected to Wi-Fi for the data.
    Laura

Follow me on Twitter @lak611

Hahahahahahaha!!!!!

Delfim no está en línea Stack Moderator
    PIN/ID
    Nope!
    ... You're missing the 3D glasses!

chokem no está en línea PINStacked!
    PIN/ID
    nada
    Hey, I'm doin the best with what I have to work with Del!
    ​Galaxy S4 Red

lak611 no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    no more
    Quote Originally Posted by xxmrbluntsxx View Post
    This device is just Junk this is my third device I'm no newbie to blackberry I make themes I've installed hybrids bbsak'd installed every os version for this device all the way up to .576 and none of them works well they are all buggy. My girlfriend has a 9700 running 6.0.0 .448 and it does the same thing so it not what I would call a reject just a normal blackberry. I had an 8520 and I did a speed test against my girlfriends 9700 while she was 3g opening the same page at the same time my 8520 kicked its butt big time.
    That sounds like a carrier issue. It sounds as if you are on the edge of 3G/EDGE, and the signal is getting handed off, resulting in fluctuation and slow speeds. If 3G coverage is good, the 8520 should not be faster than the 9700.

I would suggest trying a 3G Android device, but if that also has slow browsing speeds, then maybe T-Mobile is not the best carrier for you, if their coverage is spotty.
    Laura

Follow me on Twitter @lak611

smooth10 no está en línea Stack level 5
    PIN/ID
    21CB9337
    All this talk about carriers... Just leave your carrier and get an iPhone. If you can stick a fork through a BlackBerry then you can afford early cancellation fees.
    Don't be a sucker and get an Android
    iDevice all the way. Whether it's the iPhone 4 or the new iPhone 5.

xxmrbluntsxx no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    23551C46
    I don't like I phone and at&t will never get my money, thier shananagans ways started the hey let's start charging the price of new car every month! if i had with att what i have with tmo it would easly be over $250 a month. i have a 9780 unlimited everything and an lg sharing same minutes and a webconnect stick 5gb data cap blackberry 5 gb cap and i pay 162 a month. anyways I'm leaning toward the droid pro cause I need a physical keyboard don't like the touch screen thing. Anyways headed to the mall sunday.
    Last edited by xxmrbluntsxx; 07-01-2011 at 10:32 PM.

RogerG no está en línea Stack Administrator
    If you want to rant and rave, that's your prerogative. Just keep it g-rated, please.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast