Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Now that I have had this device for 6 months I can honestly say I ... BlackBerry Bold forum

xxmrbluntsxx no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    23551C46

the 9780 is utter CRAP!!!!

Advertisement

Now that I have had this device for 6 months I can honestly say I hate blackberry! The browser sucks I mean since day one this browser does not work properly what soever. How many of you have had this proplem? You enter url and wait for it to send for ever only to have it pop up the error could not connect to network if this problem persist contact your service provider over and over and over again! No matter of os updates. Its a buggy piece of crap and I hate it! I went to check my call log and it took me to my contacts as if my call logs had disappeared I got so pissed I was eating a burrito and took my fork and slammed it on the screen and cracked it but I don't care cause this thing is a piece crapberry trash!

smooth10 no está en línea Stack level 5
    PIN/ID
    21CB9337
    Wow! I'm sorry to hear you are having such a hard time with your device. I would offer help such as fixing your APN settings to help with the connectivity but with a cracked screen, I think you have more to worry about.
    Here is my shameless (but usual) plug on this site... Get an iPhone!
    Truthfully, I am using a 9700 as a second phone and I really like it but my prize jewel is my iPhone 4. I think you'll be pleasantly surprised with every aspect of the device.

Sorry again about your frustration though.

chokem no está en línea PINStacked!
    PIN/ID
    nada
    Ive never heard of someone killing a Berry with a fork-LOL. Also sorry you had such problems. I do suggest a new i device or Android platform phone for your next purchase-the browser works really well on either.
    ​Galaxy S4 Red

Delfim no está en línea Stack Moderator
    PIN/ID
    Nope!
    Bummer! Sorry to hear...
    Something so crappy really deserves to be "forked" up.
    Go Android or iPhone like the buddies say. Your browser in either of them works...as a browser should, among other things that are fabulously better.
    If you can get either with a subsidized dealer plan, you'll probably not fork out so much as compared to replacing your screen on the BB.
    Last edited by Delfim; 06-19-2011 at 06:50 AM.

lak611 no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    no more
    xxmrbluntsxx,

I checked your profile and see that T-Mobile is your carrier. Do not get an iPhone. The iPhone will only get EDGE, not 3G, on T-Mobile if it is unlocked. T-Mobile and AT&T use different 3G frequency bands, so AT&T branded devices are not capable of 3G on T-Mobile's network.

An Android device branded to T-Mobile or an unlocked one branded to Wind Mobile (Canada) or Cincinnati Bell would give you the proper 3G frequency capability.
    Laura

Follow me on Twitter @lak611

RogerG no está en línea Stack Administrator
    It kills me when I read posts like this, that people complain and put up with something for 6 months or more without ever doing anything about it.

Your experience is not normal. Doesn't matter if you have a BlackBerry, an iPhone, an Android or whatever......if it is doing something out of the ordinary, you need to be proactive and take it right back to where you bought it and keep doing so until you get something that works to your satisfaction.

EricaJ1073 no está en línea PINStacked!
    I agree Roger. I have the exact same phone as the OP and mine has worked from day 1. I can honestly say I LOVE my Bold. I have had network issues (one so bad I had to get T-Mobile online chat to submit a troubleshoot ticket in my area). Other than that, my 9780 works like a CHARM. The call log disappearing is a CLEAR sign that the phone is low on memory which can easily be cleared up before it was destroyed with a fork.

Plus one on Roger and Erica's posts - my 9780 is running flawlessly, the op should have returned his unit for an exchange. Too late now though!

smooth10 no está en línea Stack level 5
    PIN/ID
    21CB9337
    Don't worry, Apple will stick a fork into all BlackBerry's soon
    I kid... I kid...

Manufacturers warranty was the way to go for xxmrbluntsxx

MobiBiz no está en línea Stack level 2
    The issue on your BlackBerry was either an APN issue or an issue with the service provider both could have been easily fixed and the device would have been flawless, but then, My friend I would suggest any smartphone you purchase and experience any issues over it. Let the geeks here know, it gives us great satisfaction in resolving issues and getting things fixed. Next time before forking a device to death... let us know. Since you had BlackBerry issues I would not suggest you to go in for the same, get an Iphone instead.

PIN/ID
    Nope!
    Flawlessly? This word does not exist in the BB world. How many fixes have you done already? How many battery pulls?
    For us these things we do is normal. It's the BB way.
    For others, and probably the majority, it's an unknown BB ownership pre-condition.
    When a problem arises it's usually too late ... Utter frustration !
    Forking is not, obviously, the solution.
    I remember having to discover Pinstack eons ago to help me overcome BB problems that I never had with Nokia.
    I was lucky... Or was my BB at the time the lucky one ?

EricaJ1073 no está en línea PINStacked!
    Yes the word flawlessly does exist when it comes to a BB. I have had MANY device issues in the past (with my Pearls especially) that I just don't see in my Bold. It has been 6 months since I got my Bold and NO PROBLEMS YET.

MobiBiz no está en línea Stack level 2
    To be precise nothing is flawless, there are flaws with everything but in the literal sense I'd say most blackberries work flawlessly. I mean I am a little of a sentimentalist when it comes to blackberries.

PIN/ID
    Nope!
    So am I, a sentimentalist. I still run a 9700, a Torch and the love of my life the 7290. I keep them for that reason.
    It's just that iOS and Android don't give me issues at all. Not yet anyway, and they are both heavily loaded.

xxmrbluntsxx no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    23551C46
    This device is just Junk this is my third device I'm no newbie to blackberry I make themes I've installed hybrids bbsak'd installed every os version for this device all the way up to .576 and none of them works well they are all buggy. My girlfriend has a 9700 running 6.0.0 .448 and it does the same thing so it not what I would call a reject just a normal blackberry. I had an 8520 and I did a speed test against my girlfriends 9700 while she was 3g opening the same page at the same time my 8520 kicked its butt big time. Oh I forgot about the double typing faulty key that rim said was a software issue...lol what a lie! Let's see it goes something like this hheello tthhhiss ssuckss! A blackberry bold is a sexy looking phone I will ggive that. This is the way it is a blackberry owner has a lot of pride and will stick with blackberry even tho they know that there are way better devices. I know this cause I am one of them.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast