Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Originally Posted by raton Congratulations on the new baby delfim. Muito obrigado for the review. ... BlackBerry Bold forum

Delfim no está en línea Stack Moderator
    PIN/ID
    Nope!

Thumbs up

Advertisement

Quote Originally Posted by raton View Post
    Congratulations on the new baby delfim. Muito obrigado for the review.
    Hey Raton - de nada !
    See my comments on the themes ? I hope to see something from you !

drcapable no está en línea Stack level 1
    Great post, thanks for the detailed review, I appreciate the comparisons you make and your depth of knowedge is admirable

PIN/ID
    Nope!
    Thanks for the compliments drcapable ! Appreciated !
    As I discover a few more things I´ll add to this thread !
    Thanks again.

mobile99 no está en línea Stack level 3
    Quote Originally Posted by delfim View Post
    For those of us who expected a better Bold, I would suggest we all be more realistic and settle for a better 8900 (version 2) if you like.
    * Forget the original Bold screen we had
    * The screen is definitely smaller
    * Physically we have a phone that is an improvement on the 8900.
    * It's definitely a stepback on the original Bold. This is my opinion obviously.
    * But, really RIM, you shouldn't have called it BOLD 2.
    Thank You for the excellent report!

I concur with your assessment that this is a better Curve 8900. By abandoning the spacious keyboard, larger screen and size of the Bold 9000, RIM saves money, a move that is sure to help their bottom line.

For those who enjoyed those two features, the decision to migrate to an iPhone or other smartphone is made even easier.

It's no secret that today's web centric smartphone focus and touch screen popularity, is rapidly eclipsing the older tech of the past.

Time to embrace the future of smartphones, the choices just keep getting better and better.

Female_MC no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    24A2C570
    ok I lied I forgot to post from my 9000 and I'm on the 9700. So thus far as I'm typing I do see it is doing the word wrap here on pinstack finally. The trackball will take some getting used to, along with the screen I'm so used to the screen on the 9000. I will just mention a few things I've noticed while I've had it for these few hours. The trackpad is very responsive I'm so used to the trackball it feels weird using it lol but I'm sure within the next few days I will adjust. The keyboard feels kind of crunchy to me and the keys "they took a little off the top" is how I'd phrase it but they a tad smaller, you can type with one hand. The boot time was very fast came on in about 2 minutes versus 4-5min. I can tell the thing that will take the most to get used to for me is the screen. The volume on the 9000 seems to be better in my opinionm. That's all I have right now will post more once I use it more during the week.

raton no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    7BF68784
    Quote Originally Posted by delfim View Post
    Hey Raton - de nada !
    See my comments on the themes ? I hope to see something from you !
    For you I'll make a theme not for the ones whining about the delay on the release of them.
    What's the matter? CIA's got you pushing too many pencils?

jzarowitz no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    NexsOne
    My nightly routine includes setting my phone next to me on the couch as I unwind, etc... I'm learning that this phone on a leather surface doesn't work very well as there is only one speaker on the phone, and its on the back. Surprisingly, the leather dampens the sound quite a bit and it makes the Normal profile very difficult to hear over ambient noise. 9700 solution, place the phone speaker side up. 9000 solution, speakers on the side!

EricaJ1073 no está en línea PINStacked!
    @jzarowutz: That's not good that you have to place the 9700 face down to hear it clearly which could scratch the screen in the process. I guess that means I'll have to keep the thing on vibrate so I can keep it face up but I also wanted to use it as an MP3 player (wishing the 9700 had the dedicated media keys on the top of the phone).

I guess I will have to have either AT&T or T-Mobile install the screen protectors they sell before I leave the store with it, and maybe buy a rubberized shell or order a case for it. I'm always dropping my phone.

@delfim: When you talked about locking the keypad using the send/end call keys, which key were you referring to as the cardinal key? I remember using one of them to lock the keypad on one of my previous BB's.

chsguyi69 no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    215B74E3
    New phone, new phone, new phone. Ok thats over, as I jump up and down. Now trying to get the programs I like on this one. Not as easy as I would like, some program list dont have the 9700 yet

jzarowitz no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    NexsOne
    Quote Originally Posted by chsguyi69 View Post
    New phone, new phone, new phone. Ok thats over, as I jump up and down. Now trying to get the programs I like on this one. Not as easy as I would like, some program list dont have the 9700 yet
    What programs?

SeRViiCiiO no está en línea Stack level 5
    Quote Originally Posted by pdxmatts View Post
    What OS came on it?
    Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 3_1_2 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/528.18 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0 Mobile/7D11 Safari/528.16
    mine came with 5.0.0.300 but i upgraded to .344 within the first hour..
    Phone: T-Mo S4- Stock-Rooted

[Former]
    Device: T-Mobile S3
    Device: HTC Amaze 4G
    Device: HTC Vision (T-Mobile G2)
    Device: BlackBerry (9700, 8900,8320,8120,8100)

PIN/ID
    Nope!
    @delfim: When you talked about locking the keypad using the send/end call keys, which key were you referring to as the cardinal key? I remember using one of them to lock the keypad on one of my previous BB's.

Hi EricaJ,
    The cardinal key is the star on the letter A - sorry for the usage of this term, but that´s what we call it here...

PIN/ID
    Nope!
    Quote Originally Posted by chsguyi69 View Post
    Hi chsguyi69,
    Let me tel you something: the progs might not be available on BB World - but they work ! Download from the developers sites.
    Also, Time Mobile wasn´t available for me, but I went to Time itself, downloaded and it´s working fine. All others that I mentioned are also working without any problems. So it goes with themes. All 8900 themes , so far, are working fine...

PIN/ID
    Nope!
    Quote Originally Posted by jzarowitz View Post
    My nightly routine includes setting my phone next to me on the couch as I unwind, etc... I'm learning that this phone on a leather surface doesn't work very well as there is only one speaker on the phone, and its on the back. Surprisingly, the leather dampens the sound quite a bit and it makes the Normal profile very difficult to hear over ambient noise. 9700 solution, place the phone speaker side up. 9000 solution, speakers on the side!
    Yep. I noticed it as well.
    Also the clock app confused me a bit, especially bedside mode etc. but It works ok with all the new possibilities.

PIN/ID
    Nope!
    Quote Originally Posted by raton View Post
    For you I'll make a theme not for the ones whining about the delay on the release of them.
    Hey Ratinho !
    I´ll be waiting, thanks.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast