I go to Compose a SMS message, send it, but it shows as BBM instead ... BlackBerry Bold forum

TNgal22 no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    just ask

Texts replies as BBM message...

Advertisement

I go to Compose a SMS message, send it, but it shows as BBM instead of SMS and when they reply, it is a BBM. I asked hubby if he gets a bbm or a text, he said text. And when I go to BBM, it has a mobile phone icon next to his name instead of the chat bubble. Is that a new thing if between BBs? Or is it a glitch in the OS?
    Support our Troops!!

Mom to Ashlee

tina_twyman no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    30d4e1b6
    Mine does this as well, but I notice it only does this when the individual I am texting is also a BBM contact. Otherwise, those who are not BBM contacts text messages stay in the SMS folder.

RogerG no está en línea Stack Administrator
    You sure you're in SMS and not in BBM? They look identical in the 5.0 OS. Just checkin.....

PIN/ID
    just ask
    Yes, I am sure I in SMS...I even went real slow to make sure I was clicking right...lol. Hubby says it comes to him as a text but when he replies I get the BBM message icon and by his name it has a mobile icon.

And starting yesterday, it says I have a BBM message and I can see the chat when I open BBM, but when I open the chat, nothing. It just started yesterday and I have been running .680 for a few days now so I don't think that is the issue.

I have only tested this with Hubby since he is the one I text/bbm the most.
    Support our Troops!!

Mom to Ashlee

PIN/ID
    just ask
    Ok, just tested it...

I sent a SMS to another bbm contact...it showed up under SMS and MMS with a yellowish chat bubble by her name. I sent a SMS to hubby and it showed up under SMS and MMS with a mobile phone icon by his name. And he replied and it buzzed but no icon showing new message, just the red star on bbm...I saw his reply when I opened BBM but when I opened the chat, nothing. I haven't gotten a reply from my friend yet.
    Support our Troops!!

Mom to Ashlee

tina_twyman no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    30d4e1b6
    Yes, it notifies you under BBM even if u send the message from the SMS/MMS folder and it notifies you with the sound or profile setting.
    Try sms someone who is not a BBM contact & it should stay in your SMS/MMS folder.

PIN/ID
    just ask
    My friend who is a BBM contact replied to my SMS and it came back SMS. But when looking in the SMS/MMS folder I noticed that it highlighted a line...nothing big, just a line, so I clicked it, it was the BBM/SMS between hubby and me. Just odd...nothing major I guess, just odd.
    Support our Troops!!

Mom to Ashlee

brimanp no está en línea Stack level 1
    it was an announced feature of bbm 5.0 integrating bbm contacts with address book

PIN/ID
    just ask
    The replying as bbm message doesn't bother me as much as I can't always see them. I see the alert, I see the chat in bbm, but when I open the chat, nothing is there...sometimes it is just my responses, sometimes nothing.

I am going to double check my bbm version...can't remember if I updated it when I upgraded my OS.
    Support our Troops!!

Mom to Ashlee

PIN/ID
    just ask
    Well, I had version 5.0 so I upgraded to 5.0.0.57. The SMS still came back as a BBM but at least I could see it this time...lets see how long that lasts.

Thanks for all the replies and suggestions!
    Support our Troops!!

Mom to Ashlee

bangus236 no está en línea Stack level 3
    mine does this too! what annoys me is that the conversation doesnt show up in both bbm active conversations AND sms list. though if you scroll slowly while in the sms list, you'll notice a line and if you click it, the thread shows.
    is this a glitch? how to solve? i checked to show bbm in message list already, but still the same

boricua no está en línea Stack level 3
    You may have SMS integrated with BlackBerry Messenger. SMS text messages only appear in BlackBerry Messenger if the functionality is enabled by one of the following methods:
    Enabling the SMS text message integration functionality if a contact has already been added to BlackBerry Messenger or enabling the SMS text message integration functionality by inviting the contact to BlackBerry Messenger by SMS text message.

TO disable the SMS Integration functionality...
    1. Open BlackBerry Messenger.
    2. Scroll to and click the contact that you wish to disable this feature for.
    3. Press the Menu key and click Remove Contacts Link.

is there no other way than this? coz this method will remove the PIN entry in the phonebook

edit: i remove the links, then proceeded to input the PINs manually in the phonebook. it worked for a while, but when i reset my bb, all links returned.
    Last edited by bangus236; 07-26-2010 at 07:45 PM.

updating bbm to 5.0.1.38 seems to do the trick. sms in the sms list and bbm in the bbm. just the way i like it.