Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Originally Posted by simeezee Does bluetooth slow down the connection a little bit compared to ... BlackBerry Bold forum

timmyc123 no está en línea Stack level 1
    PIN/ID
    246C8F8A

Advertisement

Quote Originally Posted by simeezee View Post
    Does bluetooth slow down the connection a little bit compared to connecting with a USB cable?
    Doesn't seem to for EDGE, but I have not tried it with 3G.

vinnyjr no está en línea Stack level 2
    After you plug your 9700 back in, the modem section of the Desk Top Manager will come back. I use the same DTM for several devises and the tethering section of the DTM comes in and out as I use each devise. I have the DTM downloaded on my new Netbook, (HP mini 2040 with 2 gb of ram) I use my 9700 for tethering whenever I travel. It works great and it's fast. Can not say enough great things about the 9700 and my providor, T-Mobile.

tessitori no está en línea Stack level 3
    I think fast is relative to the network speed, is it not? Or the hardware in the 9700 does allow for faster data processing?
    Regarding bluetooth tethering, it does work very well. On my trip earlier this week to France my bluetooth shut down after 95 minutes, but I was done with my work.

vinnyjr no está en línea Stack level 2
    I would rather tether with the USB cable, this way the phone stays charged all the time. I'm using my 9700 as I type right now. The speeds I get are very fast. My comcast is down due to the smowstorm here in Boston area. I have my internet, tv and my phone all out so I'm listening to the patriots on the radio while I fart around on the computer. Thank God for Blackberry. The 9700 tethered to my laptop is giving me very good speeds. Every website I go into snaps right opened no matter how much stuff on it to be loaded. Very impressive.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12