Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Nice. From my experience switching between 3G and EDGE was handled pretty well, but I ... BlackBerry Bold forum

Skier87 no está en línea Stack level 3

Advertisement

Nice. From my experience switching between 3G and EDGE was handled pretty well, but I guess it can't hurt... Except possibly for the tethering issue.

Have you had the debranding mess with anything else?
    ~via smartphone mobile.pinstack.com~

macxsilence no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    Ask Me!
    After a few hours of testing over the weekend, I have concluded that a RIM branded phone will loose BIS connection and the AT&T branded will stay connected while tethering. This test was done on 2 bolds, 1 RIM and 1 AT&T (thanks to a friend for lending me their bold + active sim) branded phone.

Test platform:
    1 RIM and 1 AT&T branded BOLD both on BIS with unlimited data/txt bundle on AT&T
    Macbook w/Win7 Beta on bootcamp
    Asus netbook WINXP SP3
    -Both running .247 Beta before the test
    -Change branding for each phone
    -Tested before a backup restore
    -Tested after a backup restore

Since I live in a spotty 3G area, its only a better idea to keep the RIM branded phone with the option to change the network mode. Tethering is nice but since I dont use it to often it is not worth having future drop calls.

Please do not post/pm/pin me how this was done or where to find teh software to achieve this . A simple search on de-branding will yield hundreds of sites for the information. If you have any questions regarding this test, i have no problem answering them.

If anyone yields different conclusions, please post as I like to hear your setup and how this was done.

-Mac
    Last edited by macxsilence; 03-23-2009 at 01:01 PM.
    ¬ It's only your knowledge and wisdom that separate us,
    ¬ Don't let your eyes deceive you.

reddrvgon no está en línea Stack level 8
    PIN/ID
    ask me
    Ill second max's conclusions... I have a debranded bold and I loose connectivity as well, however my friend's rogers branded device does not...

macxsilence no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    Ask Me!
    Quote Originally Posted by reddrvgon View Post
    Ill second max's conclusions... I have a debranded bold and I loose connectivity as well, however my friend's rogers branded device does not...
    I thought about using the rogers but I didn't want to have my phone branded to a provider I didn't use or exist in the us. I did some more reading and I might try to make my own and test again.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12