Santa brought me a new 9700 for Christmas (my sincere thanks to Santa and my ... BlackBerry Bold forum

manx driver no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    ask me

Lightbulb Tether speed 9700 (vs 8900) on TMO

Advertisement

Santa brought me a new 9700 for Christmas (my sincere thanks to Santa and my daughter Susan!!!).

Tether speed comparison to my 8900 (both on TMO using a Toshiba Satellite -- Intel T2300 CPU with
    1.66GHz). I am very close to our nearest TMO tower. The 8900 showed 4 bars, and the 9700 showed
    5 bars with 3G.

download: .21 Mb/s
    upload: .10

download: 1.03 Mb/s
    upload: .36

I LOVE the 9700. I've been using it since yesterday morning, and the more I use it, the more I like it!
    No complaints or issues...yet. You folks will hear from me if there are any.

I hope your Christmas was as special as mine, and that you found a 9700 under the tree too.
    Attached Images Attached Images

MStrawder no está en línea Stack Pro
    PIN/ID
    Ask
    Appreciate the comparison. I've been looking at this device closely in anticipation for 3G in my area, but haven't decided if I'm staying BB or going to Android. How's the overall feel versus the 8900? How about application speed?
    "Our greatest fear is not that we are inadequate, but that we are powerful beyond measure" ~ Marianne Williamson
    Current OS list by device
    How to upgrade your OS

PIN/ID
    ask me
    The 9700 is a GREAT phone. I've had it in my hands quite a bit since I got it yesterday morning. In fact,
    my wife asked me this morning if I was going to start using the new laptop that she got me for Christmas,
    because I haven't even broken the seal on the box yet.

Although the 9700 is comparable in size and weight to the 8900, the 9700 'feels' better to me, and I
    like the touch of the keyboard and the touchpad MUCH better. If anyone is on the fence about getting
    the 9700, my suggestion is 'go for it'!

In addition to the faster tethering speeds, browsing is also faster. I had some problems with dropping calls
    on the 8900 when the phone switched from EDGE to UMA, but that has not occurred with the 9700. The
    one thing that I've noticed so far, is that I have gone from a fully charged 9700 this morning to about 50%
    charge this afternoon. But then I have to admit that I have been playing with it a lot today!

visionthing no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    ASK ME
    my wife asked me this morning if I was going to start using the new laptop that she got me for Christmas,
    because I haven't even broken the seal on the box yet.

LOL

BestWitted no está en línea Stack level 7
    Well Manx......you are certainly putting pressure on me to find a way to upgrade......last upgrade was "of necessity".....the next will be "of desire".....and the 9700 could certainly be the one that provides that impetus.....
    "We make a living by what we get, we make a life by what we give."
    Enjoying life in Lehi, UT with my BB 9780 on ATT

soljawitstripes no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    ;)
    Quote Originally Posted by manx driver View Post
    Santa brought me a new 9700 for Christmas (my sincere thanks to Santa and my daughter Susan!!!).

Tether speed comparison to my 8900 (both on TMO using a Toshiba Satellite -- Intel T2300 CPU with
    1.66GHz). I am very close to our nearest TMO tower. The 8900 showed 4 bars, and the 9700 showed
    5 bars with 3G.

download: .21 Mb/s
    upload: .10

download: 1.03 Mb/s
    upload: .36

I LOVE the 9700. I've been using it since yesterday morning, and the more I use it, the more I like it!
    No complaints or issues...yet. You folks will hear from me if there are any.

I hope your Christmas was as special as mine, and that you found a 9700 under the tree too.
    Indeed it was! I found a golden ticket (9700) under the tree too!!

RogerG no está en línea Stack Administrator
    Yes, I use TetherBerry for tethering and also found the tethering speeds to be so much faster with the 9700. Love it......

PIN/ID
    ask me
    I'm happy for you, soljawitstripes l?!!