I'll be buying a T-Mobile 9700 used since local prices are way too high. The ... BlackBerry Bold forum

liakyh no está en línea Stack level 1

Tell me about using T-Mobile's 9700 on other networks.

Advertisement

I'll be buying a T-Mobile 9700 used since local prices are way too high. The local networks here use 2100Mhz for their UTMS frequency, and as far as I can tell both versions (T-Mobile's and AT&T) support it, so no matter which one I buy, I should be able to utilise 3G here right? I understand T-Mobile BBs won't be able to use 3G on AT&T, but only because AT&T uses 1900/850, rather than the universal 2100Mhz.

Also I'll be able to activate a T-Mobile set locally (I'm in Singapore) so long as the PIN is no longer locked to T-Mobile's Blackberry service correct? Thanks!

adam917 no está en línea Stack level 3
    You're right. The T-Mobile USA version of the 9700 also has the 900 MHz band on 3G as well, so if your local networks over there support that band in addition to 2100 MHz, you'll have more options or a better signal. A few countries started using 900 MHz for 3G, like Australia & Finland. I believe it's not a result of any spectrum re-farming but just excess spectrum being put to use in them areas.
    Last edited by adam917; 12-07-2010 at 09:22 PM.