Can anyone shed any light on how different technically the old 8300 series phones are ... BlackBerry Bold forum

Calx no está en línea Stack level 1

Technical Differences

Advertisement

Can anyone shed any light on how different technically the old 8300 series phones are to the 9's. I'm thinking of converting my theme for these older handsets. But i don't know if they'd really be able to handle it. There's no speed hit at all on the current handsets but i don't know what the difference is with regards to graphical processing power?

Anyone help?

I'm not Level 2 so I can't post links but the website address is calx dot co dot uk to give you an idea of the complexity of the theme. (Or check my Sig)

Thanks in advance.

Dave

jeffallen8 no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    Huh?
    animated themes on the older phones run pretty slow, of course they have to have OS 4.5 to have any animations. Dont expect to do anything other than make custom graphics witht the older devices. Correct me if I'm wrong anyone but thats what I have learned about older devices
    Looking for Wallpapers or Icons for making themes? I can help!

Truth + Clarity = Power

If you are going to take the time to respond... take the time to actually understand that to which you are responding.