Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Originally Posted by Bloodydream No problems after upgrade, however I truly see no difference at ... BlackBerry Bold forum

srl7741 no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    Retired

No

Advertisement

Quote Originally Posted by Bloodydream View Post
    No problems after upgrade, however I truly see no difference at all.
    My question is what is going to happen about Themes? Can I use themes for the 8350i on my Bold now since the 8350i uses 4.6? Humm.... Maybe the 8900?
    ~via smartphone mobile.pinstack.com~
    Theme(s) are still device specific, only Theme(s) made for your Model Phone will work unless Plazmic changes how the SDK works.

Bloodydream no está en línea Stack level 1
    Well crap-o-la. Didn't seem to be many for the Bold before the update. Seemed to be unlimited themes here when I has my 8310 curve.

srl7741 no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    Retired
    There are some great Themes in the Bold Theme Thread.

BoSoxFan82 no está en línea Stack level 4
    One thing that I have started to notice recently was my memory seems to be leaking. I start out with 32 and by the end of the day without downloading anything it is around 15. Does the new upgrade help with that?

OzzieDog no está en línea Stack level 3
    Quote Originally Posted by BoSoxFan82 View Post
    One thing that I have started to notice recently was my memory seems to be leaking. I start out with 32 and by the end of the day without downloading anything it is around 15. Does the new upgrade help with that?
    I start the day with 42mbs and no downloading, no email nor texting nothing. I tested for one day phone just sitting on desk and by days end I had 28mbs. Don't know why. I have seen no difference between "old" and "new" .167. Going back to .266. My two cents.

c21celia no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    24AF477A
    Can you tell when I can check to see how my memory is there and to monitor if is leaking?

Schirripal no está en línea Stack Pro
    PIN/ID
    2096c6ec
    I'm on my fifth bold I complained to cs and they're sending me a new bold now not a crappy refurb so hopefully this will be the last I upgraded 2 months ago too lol
    Quote Originally Posted by cwmont View Post
    OzzieDog

Do I understand that you have gone through "8" Bolds? OUCH!

I'm on my second one, the first kept re-booting on it's own all the time and completely hosed itself during a try to upgrade the OS. I tried every trick I knew to revive a bricked BB but nothing worked. It was under 30 days so I returned it to AT&T for a replacement.

I did the update on the OS on this one last week and so far it's very stable. Now it has the messed up speaker problem that other users are having. I'm thinking of doing a warranty swap on it, but when I noticed you said you were on number 8. Well, that has me thinking about dumping the Bold for something else now.

Bummer ..... all I want is a phone that works.

Schirripal no está en línea Stack Pro
    PIN/ID
    2096c6ec
    Also they offered me instead of the bold a refurbed htc touch diamond lol

QUOTE=c21celia;1154048]Can you tell when I can check to see how my memory is there and to monitor if is leaking?
    ~via smartphone mobile.pinstack.com~[/QUOTE]
    Take out your battery and leave out for 4mins-this will restart the phone
    and give you a fresh start. Once reloaded, hit alt., caps., and H at the same time. Scroll down and you will see free space on top of total. Look at the numbers and then later in the day- probably after a good days use, no downloading or anything, check it again the same way.

Quote Originally Posted by Schirripal View Post
    I'm on my fifth bold I complained to cs and they're sending me a new bold now not a crappy refurb so hopefully this will be the last I upgraded 2 months ago too lol

So AT&T customer service is sending you a new phone? I have been thinking about doing the same but don't want a referb

rashard no está en línea Device Pro
    PIN/ID
    208FBA40
    I converted a couple of MP4 movies and put them on my bold, the first night I was able to play both of them just fine, then the next morning i installed a couple of themes, and later tried to watch a movie, and now anytime i try to watch either movie, it immediately reboots my phone, .. Its a refurb, i just got it in the last couple of weeks..

What do yall think i should do?
    It takes many professionals versed in many different area's to help the masses, I am just a single drop in that pool.

BXXXX[:::::::::::::::::::::::::::>

I have a new issue, have AT&T and where it says EDGE for network I have GPRS- what is that?

OzzieDog no está en línea Stack level 3
    Quote Originally Posted by BoSoxFan82 View Post
    I have a new issue, have AT&T and where it says EDGE for network I have GPRS- what is that?
    Not sure what it is I think it has to do with AT&T network back in the old days when they had dual band phones that was always coming up.
    I get the same thing with .266 on AT&T Bold. It was coming up 5 to 6 times per day when I was running the "new" .167 AT&T.
    After all the replacement Bold's that I have had for several reasons I have come to the conclusion that it's more the network problem than a phone problem. My two cents which won't buy anything.

rashard no está en línea Device Pro
    PIN/ID
    208FBA40
    GPRS is just a slower version of EDGE, after EDGE is 3G and I think before GPRS is GSM

When i head into the mountains its usually running off the old towers which are still GPRS
    It takes many professionals versed in many different area's to help the masses, I am just a single drop in that pool.

BXXXX[:::::::::::::::::::::::::::>

Quote Originally Posted by rashard View Post
    GPRS is just a slower version of EDGE, after EDGE is 3G and I think before GPRS is GSM

When i head into the mountains its usually running off the old towers which are still GPRS
    I also have a memory leak in which I ose half the memory with out downloading anything in about 12hrs time. Any clue?

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234