Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Originally Posted by tavella81 I'm close to Tampa and my Bold running .266 has barely ... BlackBerry Bold forum

GregGebhardt no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    No Way

Advertisement

Quote Originally Posted by tavella81 View Post
    I'm close to Tampa and my Bold running .266 has barely dropped to EDGE. I just got back from Hawaii (Oahu and Maui) and even in some of the most remote parts of the island, I kept a 3G signal. I only lost signal once on the road to Hana. Maybe I'm just lucky with the signal?

Responding to Instrumentality, the only way to switch the phone from 3G/2G, 2G, or 3G is to debrand the phone. It took forever to complete because the tools don't work on Windows 7 but it is possible. Do some research to complete at your own risk.
    I solved my problem by going back to my Rogers Bold. I had purchased an unlocked Rogers bold that gives ME the choice of 3G or EDGE. I purchased it just before the AT&T unit came out. I put the near new Rogers unit in a drawer but it is back in use now and stay on 3G much more with it.
    Greg
    in Jax, FL

OzzieDog no está en línea Stack level 3
    Rats well after less than a week with the "new official" .167 from AT&T I have had three random restarts in less than five hours today. So much for improvements, by the way this is bold number 8. My try .266 again, it is still under year factory warranty my just get AT&T to send me another re-manufactured one. I have no 3rd party software still problems maybe I'm just one of the unlucky ones.

BoSoxFan82 no está en línea Stack level 4
    Damn iPhones!!! If people want a real smartphone they should get a Blackberry
    ~via smartphone mobile.pinstack.com~

cwmont no está en línea Stack level 1

8 Bolds ????

Quote Originally Posted by OzzieDog View Post
    Rats well after less than a week with the "new official" .167 from AT&T I have had three random restarts in less than five hours today. So much for improvements, by the way this is bold number 8. My try .266 again, it is still under year factory warranty my just get AT&T to send me another re-manufactured one. I have no 3rd party software still problems maybe I'm just one of the unlucky ones.

OzzieDog

Do I understand that you have gone through "8" Bolds? OUCH!

I'm on my second one, the first kept re-booting on it's own all the time and completely hosed itself during a try to upgrade the OS. I tried every trick I knew to revive a bricked BB but nothing worked. It was under 30 days so I returned it to AT&T for a replacement.

I did the update on the OS on this one last week and so far it's very stable. Now it has the messed up speaker problem that other users are having. I'm thinking of doing a warranty swap on it, but when I noticed you said you were on number 8. Well, that has me thinking about dumping the Bold for something else now.

Bummer ..... all I want is a phone that works.
    Hotter than #*9& in the Southwest

PIN/ID
    No Way
    If I had 8 Bolds go belly up, I would have to look at another device.
    Greg
    in Jax, FL

Quote Originally Posted by cwmont View Post
    OzzieDog

Do I understand that you have gone through "8" Bolds? OUCH!

I'm on my second one, the first kept re-booting on it's own all the time and completely hosed itself during a try to upgrade the OS. I tried every trick I knew to revive a bricked BB but nothing worked. It was under 30 days so I returned it to AT&T for a replacement.

I did the update on the OS on this one last week and so far it's very stable. Now it has the messed up speaker problem that other users are having. I'm thinking of doing a warranty swap on it, but when I noticed you said you were on number 8. Well, that has me thinking about dumping the Bold for something else now.

Bummer ..... all I want is a phone that works.
    What speaker problem are you speaking of? I haven't downloaded the new .167 OS yet but will have to reboot one of the OS's soon due to some typeof bug my phone has just aquired

drdoom23 no está en línea Stack level 4
    Okay I can't get this ota either I have spoke with someone else and said they had no problem doing the ota wtf?

cwmont no está en línea Stack level 1
    Quote Originally Posted by BoSoxFan82 View Post
    What speaker problem are you speaking of? I haven't downloaded the new .167 OS yet but will have to reboot one of the OS's soon due to some typeof bug my phone has just aquired

My speakers just keep getting lower and lower in volume and it affects the ringer volume as well. That sucks as I can't hear the phone ring and I miss calls. I have to open up the back and squeeze just above the flash and the volume comes back up. Right now I have a small piece of paper between the batt cover and the top of the flash to put pressure on it so the speaker works. IMO, that's a very cheesy thing to have to do on a BB that RIM is touting (and pricing) as one of their "premier" phones. It seems the speaker contacts on the board don't make a soild contact with the speaker and squeezing the back adds the pressure to the speaker and the volume comes back. (I guess that's the problem as mentioned on another site by a user who took his apart to repair the speaker issue.)

Do a search on google, PinStack, or CB and you'll see many Bold users having that problem.

My first Bold died after 29 days. The last 10 of those were spent enduring constant reboots that neither myself or anyone at the local AT&T store could figure out. I tried to update the OS to try and fix it and the thing got bricked. The phone had a problem in it somewhere. I was dumb, I should have just taken it back after the first day of automatic reboots, but I thought I could update the OS and be good. I did updates with no problems on both my Pearl and Curve so thought I could fix the Bold.

The one I have now is a "NIB" replacement from AT&T under their 30 day program. This phone is about 40 days old and now the speaker issue crops up.

What sucks is that I LOVE the features and the feel of the Bold, but it's useless to me if I can't hear it ring. It's also useless if I have to send one in for warranty repair every 30 to 60 days. I need a solid, reliable phone and so far for me at least, the Bold has NOT been that phone.

I'm seriously considering another Pearl or Curve. The ones I had were way more reliable than these two Bold's have been so far. (OK venting done).
    Last edited by cwmont; 05-20-2009 at 02:04 PM.
    Hotter than #*9& in the Southwest

PIN/ID
    No Way
    Quote Originally Posted by drdoom23 View Post
    Okay I can't get this ota either I have spoke with someone else and said they had no problem doing the ota wtf?
    I do not see where a Blackberry, as we know them, will ever be able to do an over the air OS upgrade. There is just not enough memory to do so. Maybe in a few years.

Who ever said they had done it was not telling the truth
    Greg
    in Jax, FL

Quote Originally Posted by cwmont View Post
    My speakers just keep getting lower and lower in volume and it affects the ringer volume as well. That sucks as I can't hear the phone ring and I miss calls. I have to open up the back and squeeze just above the flash and the volume comes back up. Right now I have a small piece of paper between the batt cover and the top of the flash to put pressure on it so the speaker works. IMO, that's a very cheesy thing to have to do on a BB that RIM is touting (and pricing) as one of their "premier" phones. It seems the speaker contacts on the board don't make a soild contact with the speaker and squeezing the back adds the pressure to the speaker and the volume comes back. (I guess that's the problem as mentioned on another site by a user who took his apart to repair the speaker issue.)

Do a search on google, PinStack, or CB and you'll see many Bold users having that problem.

My first Bold died after 29 days. The last 10 of those were spent enduring constant reboots that neither myself or anyone at the local AT&T store could figure out. I tried to update the OS to try and fix it and the thing got bricked. The phone had a problem in it somewhere. I was dumb, I should have just taken it back after the first day of automatic reboots, but I thought I could update the OS and be good. I did updates with no problems on both my Pearl and Curve so thought I could fix the Bold.

The one I have now is a "NIB" replacement from AT&T under their 30 day program. This phone is about 40 days old and now the speaker issue crops up.

What sucks is that I LOVE the features and the feel of the Bold, but it's useless to me if I can't hear it ring. It's also useless if I have to send one in for warranty repair every 30 to 60 days. I need a solid, reliable phone and so far for me at least, the Bold has NOT been that phone.

I'm seriously considering another Pearl or Curve. The ones I had were way more reliable than these two Bold's have been so far. (OK venting done).
    I haven't had that issue and your right, everything about the bold is great. The 8900 would suit you better than the pearl but the local AT&T here in maine said that it won't be available till july

disturkis4u no está en línea Stack level 3
    Quote Originally Posted by GregGebhardt View Post
    I agree with OzzieDog and the upgrade was not a giant leap. I had few problems before and the upgrade did little to my memory.

Wish AT&T would get their stuff together as the 3G network is in the toilet for the last six months and I spend 80% of my time on EDGE now, even with full bars.

I see now why AT&T removed our option of changing our setting in our devices from 3G only to EDGE or 3G so THEY can turn it over to EDGE to save bandwidth. I think the iPhones are clogging up our network

at&t has been working on an 850mhz layover for the 3g areas in advance of the new iphone launch. Even now in Midtown Manhattan NYC the service for the past week is VERY noticeable. 3G data is on and off. it's really crappy but it better be a thousand times improved once they're complete.

tmoney83 no está en línea Stack level 1
    man i never lose a 3G sig. i dont even know what the edge sign look like on the bold. but am still on .167 and i wont to upgrade but it seems like too many mixed feeling on it. but hey before the cavs come on i might up grade because i cant help to do it.

PIN/ID
    No Way
    Quote Originally Posted by tmoney83 View Post
    man i never lose a 3G sig. i dont even know what the edge sign look like on the bold. but am still on .167 and i wont to upgrade but it seems like too many mixed feeling on it. but hey before the cavs come on i might up grade because i cant help to do it.
    It is more a location thing than what OS you are on. Basically, in Jacksonville, the 3G bandwidth is at capacity. If your location has plenty of un-used capacity you should have no trouble. AT&T is shoving the 3G users back to EDGE to help with the over load. WHne the new iPhone comes out it will be worst.

AT&T needs to increase capacity but that cost money so getting pushed off to EDGE will be the way they handle it.
    Greg
    in Jax, FL

mrvtx no está en línea Stack level 2
    Maybe I've been lucky... Still on my first Bold, going on 5 months now and no problems. Still on the original OS that came with the phone, and have not messed with it much.

Bloodydream no está en línea Stack level 1
    No problems after upgrade, however I truly see no difference at all.
    My question is what is going to happen about Themes? Can I use themes for the 8350i on my Bold now since the 8350i uses 4.6? Humm.... Maybe the 8900?

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast