Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Originally Posted by cpk3 I am so glad I went ahead an put the official ... BlackBerry Bold forum

BoSoxFan82 no está en línea Stack level 4

Advertisement

Quote Originally Posted by cpk3 View Post
    I am so glad I went ahead an put the official OS on my device and replace .266. The bettery life is now amazingly better. I took it off the charger this morning at 7:30ish, and it is still showing 90%... on .266 beta would be at 50% by this point.
    haven't been able to download it. Have you noticed any other changes
    ~via smartphone mobile.pinstack.com~

lauren25 no está en línea Stack level 5
    Downloading it now. Any other features added?
    Last edited by lauren25; 05-16-2009 at 02:11 AM.
    ~Lauren

cpk3 no está en línea Stack level 3
    Quote Originally Posted by BoSoxFan82 View Post
    haven't been able to download it. Have you noticed any other changes
    No mem leek, no random hour glass. Very smooth running and quick OS

I haven't noticed any difference after the upgrade. I had a little more memory after I uploaded it but now its back down.
    Last edited by lauren25; 05-17-2009 at 11:53 PM.

I just noticed that my Personal E-mail Setup icon has been removed. This is how I logged into my BIS e-mail account on my BB. It's not letting my log in on my PC.

Has anyone else noticed this?
    ~Lauren

Instrumentality no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    22C7107B
    Anything else such as disabling 3G in there? Wondering if its worth a downgrade from .266.

Battery life on .266 is WAY better than the stock .176, but still not spectacular. It was just spectacularly bad on .176. I can still burn through the battery in a day easily, though its not like its just sitting in standby all day.

Anything else to note like ease of forcing in BB Maps, weirdness with service books, presence of the visual voice mail app (even though it won't work), etc?

snipes mcgee no está en línea Stack level 4
    Quote Originally Posted by Instrumentality View Post
    Anything else such as disabling 3G in there? Wondering if its worth a downgrade from .266.

Battery life on .266 is WAY better than the stock .176, but still not spectacular. It was just spectacularly bad on .176. I can still burn through the battery in a day easily, though its not like its just sitting in standby all day.

Anything else to note like ease of forcing in BB Maps, weirdness with service books, presence of the visual voice mail app (even though it won't work), etc?
    I'm sure you mean .167.

I think the service book problems shouldn't be present, the visual voicemail icon shouldn't be in this official OS, since it's not officially out.

I haven't tried the new version of .167 yet, but I'm sure they felt that this is some sort of improvement over the previous version.
    I have a BlackBerry and a WhiteApple. :)

GregGebhardt no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    No Way
    Quote Originally Posted by snipes mcgee View Post
    I'm sure you mean .167.

I think the service book problems shouldn't be present, the visual voicemail icon shouldn't be in this official OS, since it's not officially out.

I haven't tried the new version of .167 yet, but I'm sure they felt that this is some sort of improvement over the previous version.
    I can remember just a few months ago, everyone was so positive that visual voicemail was coming any day now!

LOL! It has been alot of days!

I updated a couple of days ago and have found no difference. About the same memory and power use. Was good before the update and it is still good afterwards.
    Greg
    in Jax, FL

snipes mcgee no está en línea Stack level 4
    Quote Originally Posted by GregGebhardt View Post
    I can remember just a few months ago, everyone was so positive that visual voicemail was coming any day now!

LOL! It has been alot of days!

I updated a couple of days ago and have found no difference. About the same memory and power use. Was good before the update and it is still good afterwards.
    Yea I remember being on the edge of my seat for days waiting for it to release... oh well.

Has anyone been able to update to this OTA? Wireless Upgrade has been implemented for over 6 months now I've read about no one being able to use it... shame shame shame.
    I have a BlackBerry and a WhiteApple. :)

I haven't seen any OTA and I'm sure the memory on the phone wouldn't be able to handle the upgrade

djradman36 no está en línea Stack level 1
    i tried downgrading from .266, my experiences with the new .167... i got lots of hourglass, i couldnt log into my browser while i was talking on the phone, message popped up saying something like cant view browser while on the phone, kinda like my old curve, for me, everything just seemed slower, plus first time i saw my memory go down to 19mb on application memory, never went that low before, so i went back to .266, everything is working great and phone is quick.

According to you all who have downloaded, is this a good download or should I wait for the next official? I'm currently running the old .167

OzzieDog no está en línea Stack level 3
    According to you all who have downloaded, is this a good download or should I wait for the next official? I'm currently running the old .167
    The only difference on my bold is no random restarts, memory the same as with "old" .167. I have more drop calls on "new" .167 regardless of how many bars. Can't hold 3G signal. I have found that no two bolds are the same. Good luck.

GregGebhardt no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    No Way

I agree with OzzieDog and the upgrade was not a giant leap. I had few problems before and the upgrade did little to my memory.

Wish AT&T would get their stuff together as the 3G network is in the toilet for the last six months and I spend 80% of my time on EDGE now, even with full bars.

I see now why AT&T removed our option of changing our setting in our devices from 3G only to EDGE or 3G so THEY can turn it over to EDGE to save bandwidth. I think the iPhones are clogging up our network
    Greg
    in Jax, FL

tavella81 no está en línea Stack level 3
    I'm close to Tampa and my Bold running .266 has barely dropped to EDGE. I just got back from Hawaii (Oahu and Maui) and even in some of the most remote parts of the island, I kept a 3G signal. I only lost signal once on the road to Hana. Maybe I'm just lucky with the signal?

Responding to Instrumentality, the only way to switch the phone from 3G/2G, 2G, or 3G is to debrand the phone. It took forever to complete because the tools don't work on Windows 7 but it is possible. Do some research to complete at your own risk.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast