Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

I received an email for RIM stating that my carrier has released an official OS ... BlackBerry Bold forum

BoSoxFan82 no está en línea Stack level 4

AT&T official OS 4.6 release for the Bold(9000) as of 05/13/2009

Advertisement

I received an email for RIM stating that my carrier has released an official OS update for my phone. They had two links; one for desktop download and one for OTA on my BB. I don't have my laptop at the time and have tried many times from my BB. I also have gone to AT&T direct site to try and download it but it is not registering with AT&T. Does anyone have an OTA link that you can send me or post on this thread? I will also be happy to forward the emale to anyone that would like to see it.
    ~via smartphone mobile.pinstack.com~

Schirripal no está en línea Stack Pro
    PIN/ID
    2096c6ec
    I don't think any updates are available ota for our blackberry's only desktop downloads for the desktop download mng but please feel free to send me the email
    Schirripal at gmail dot com

scripto no está en línea Stack level 1
    I am in the process of downloading the desktop installation now. I will update shortly with feedback.

Thank you. Riffman did it as well and said that it said the version was .438 and then after downloading it it said it was .167. I don't know what is going on.

NYCALI09 no está en línea Stack level 1
    PIN/ID
    PM ME
    Quote Originally Posted by BoSoxFan82 View Post
    Thank you. Riffman did it as well and said that it said the version was .438 and then after downloading it it said it was .167. I don't know what is going on.
    I tried doing it as well and it told me the same thing! Hmmmmm interesting!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Schirripal View Post
    I don't think any updates are available ota for our blackberry's only desktop downloads for the desktop download mng but please feel free to send me the email
    Schirripal at gmail dot com
    Email sent. Let me know what you find.
    Last edited by Lavagirl; 05-19-2009 at 05:48 PM.

impak875 no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    DROID
    I downloaded AT&T's Bold update earlier today... the actual OS version did not change at all.. still 4.6.0.167, the one thing that did change was the software platform which went to 4.0.0.217, now I'm not sure what this means exactly but it is one thing I noticed.

Schirripal no está en línea Stack Pro
    PIN/ID
    2096c6ec
    I think the update process via blackberry is when u register your pin info to rim and you may wanna update it again lol cuz I hit the update button it might of over ridden ur pin info

sooner no está en línea Stack Professional
    No email here?

iLord is DEAD!

So here is what I have found. I still can't download from my BB. I went to the AT&T website and your right the app version remains .167 but the package version changes from .298 to .438 and your software changes from .157 to .217.

Quote Originally Posted by sooner View Post
    No email here?
    Send me your email via BB messenger or pin. You will find my pin in my profile. Anyone else can do the same and I will forward my email that I received

psi chick no está en línea Stack level 4
    is there any actual difference in the os? i never got an email from at&t but who knows what that means lol

GregGebhardt no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    No Way
    AT&T takes so long to answer emails, I forgot what I was asking. LOL!
    Greg
    in Jax, FL

This is the email I received:

BlackBerry Software Update Notification Update Today! ---------------------------------------------------- What else can your BlackBerry® smartphone do for you? Find out when you update to the latest smartphone software! This free update is ready and waiting to help you do more with your BlackBerry smartphone. To update today visit http://www.blackberry.com/updates New ways to work and play! * An update of BlackBerry® Device Software version 4.6 is available. This update includes optimizations and enhancements approved by your wireless service provider. Note: If your device is associated with an email account that uses a BlackBerry® Enterprise Server, contact your administrator for more information about updating.. Get the most advanced BlackBerry Device Software to keep your BlackBerry smartphone performing at its best. To update now visit http://www.blackberry.com/updates Recently changed your BlackBerry smartphone? If you are viewing this message from your BlackBerry browser, you can automatically update your device information when you visit https://ufs.websl.blackberry.com/ufs...60E931BAA44DDB. Research In Motion ---------------------------------------------------- ©2008 Research In Motion Limited. All rights reserved. BlackBerry®, RIM®, Research In Motion®, SureType® and related trademarks, names and logos are the property of Research In Motion Limited and are registered and/or used in the U.S. and countries around the world. You have received this message by opting-in to receive news and information about BlackBerry products and services from Research In Motion. To unsubscribe or change your subscription preferences visit https://ufs.websl.blackberry.com/ufs...60E931BAA44DDB. Research In Motion, 295 Phillip St., Waterloo, ON, Canada, N2L 3W8.

cpk3 no está en línea Stack level 3
    I am so glad I went ahead an put the official OS on my device and replace .266. The bettery life is now amazingly better. I took it off the charger this morning at 7:30ish, and it is still showing 90%... on .266 beta would be at 50% by this point.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast