Has anybody used the Device Switch Wizard with an older device (mini-USB) and the 9700 ... BlackBerry Bold forum

RogerG no está en línea Stack Administrator

Switching Devices......

Advertisement

Has anybody used the Device Switch Wizard with an older device (mini-USB) and the 9700 (micro-USB)?

I'm wondering if you can unlug one cable then continue with the new cable without messing up the process.

Thanks in advance....

Roger

getsugatensho no está en línea Stack Professional
    Roger, don't you have more than one usb port? You should be able to plug in both at the same time and transfer like that. I did that with my girlfriends curve and my storm. They both were acknowledged on dm

RogerG no está en línea Stack Administrator
    LOL! Yeah, nevermind. I'm a dufus.

9of13 no está en línea Theme Pro
    PIN/ID
    ask me
    Quote Originally Posted by getsugatensho View Post
    Roger, don't you have more than one usb port? You should be able to plug in both at the same time and transfer like that. I did that with my girlfriends curve and my storm. They both were acknowledged on dm
    Quote Originally Posted by RoGro View Post
    LOL! Yeah, nevermind. I'm a dufus.
    well for future reference, its possible. ive done this transfering info from a pearl to a pearl flip. Comps recognize the device, not the cable
    For my theme blog, remember....
    Resistance Is Futile

mobile99 no está en línea Stack level 3
    Quote Originally Posted by getsugatensho View Post
    +1 Works like a charm

GregGebhardt no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    No Way
    LOL! The cable type has nothing to do with it. The software is simply looking for another Blackberry and could care less what type cable you are using.
    Greg
    in Jax, FL

moderncowboy no está en línea Stack Moderator
    PIN/ID
    AskMe
    Roger, I just plugged them in at the same time and had no issues.

labevlol no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    BREEEEEE
    yeah i tried this and completely failed. it tried to transfer and i chose wipe after transfer. well it went to load the transfer to my new device and said the transfer failed. aka i lost it all. but its all good now i sold the phone

Amigotek no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    21D7B3C6
    You shouldn't have lost everything. The first step in the transfer process is a loader backup that is stored on your computer as loaderbackupdate

Zo

jzarowitz no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    NexsOne
    Works as others have said... and it will even wait for long periods of time in between taking from Device A and delivering to Device B. For example, I had to do a device swap out at my local ATT store, so I started Device Switch wizard before I left home, and when it asked for new device, I unplugged first one, wiped it, repackaged it, went to the store, got new device, brought it home, etc., and it worked perfectly... it probably sat waiting for about an hour or more. Also, the newer DM versions will save the loader file to your computer in case something gets interrupted during the process (and it even sometimes tells you that its saved the file for you).

Just to make certain that you dont get annihilated during the process though, always do a back-up before hand. (And side-note: depending on your carrier, dont change your device PIN and IMEI in the BIS login page until you've swapped the SIM card into and booted the new phone. I've had my BIS settings wiped out by trying to associate the new PIN with a device that the SIM card wasn't in yet...dont ask me why, it just happened.)
    I'm a born again Androider