Greetings All, This might be a stupid question....however, can someone tell me the following: I'm ... BlackBerry Bold forum

candigrl73 no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    26D70D4B

Switch from Curve 8320 to BOLD

Advertisement

Greetings All,

This might be a stupid question....however, can someone tell me the following:

I'm switching from Curve 8320 from TMO to Bold..just waiting for the FED EX Truck to get here. Would I need to use the CD to txf information from my curve to my Bold?? Since there are two different carriers?? BB Mess List(will i lose my buddies) , JIVETALK among other software programs. please advise.

Thanks,
    Candigrl

RogerG no está en línea Stack Administrator
    Candi,

You should be able to use the Switch Device Wizard from with Desktop Manager. I don't this process cares that you're changing carriers. Once you're up on the new device, I think BBM will inform all your contacts of your new PIN and you might need to re-register any 3rd party applications (like JiveTalk) after the switch, especially since you're changing carriers.

Hope this helps!
    Roger

ItsNowOrNever no está en línea Stack level 7
    PIN/ID
    What OS is your curve running? DO a backup and then choose a selective install on the Bold...going from 4.2 to a 4.6 device will brick your bold. At least when I switched curve (4.5) to another curve (4.2) it bricked the curve 4.2...dont know if it will do it the other way around...
    Color---it's nothing but a hue of the rainbow...why do people place such importance in it?

stnkyq2 no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    IMTHTG
    Make sure that you use the Advance settings on the Desktop Manager. Select certain files; contacts, calendar and anything else besides the apps. You will be ok. I have done a device transfer, but only selected these things. Once, I installed the 3rd party apps and registered them I did another restore of the all the data from my last back up and all my info was back on the BOLD with no errors at all. Try this out and let us know what happens.....
    "A clear cut vision is the best path to success.. persistence is the vehicle you arrive in..." -Rev. Run

Crackberry @ddict for LIFE..........

candigrl73 no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    26D70D4B
    thanks for the advice.

i will let you guys know.

cornelious0_0 no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    235B134C
    As its been said, you'll be fine using the software to do the transfer, carriers make no difference. I actually just went through the same process, had an 8330 and went with a different carrier for the Bold. The device transfer went fine for me is all I can say.

One noteworthy point though, Jivetalk has two forms of licenses, one registers the app just to that one PIN, whereas the other is more of a user license that can be transfered from device to device. Depending on which route you took you may or may not be able to transfer Jivetalk.

Hopefully you like the Bold, I'm in love with mine, it conpletely trumps the curve in every way...as if I needing anything else to strengthen my addiction.

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

smis no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    OU812
    I have the curve 8310 is the camera the or is it better, I do not like the zoom it makes everything so far away as far as I can tell.
    Once you go BlackBerry you never go back!

cornelious0_0 no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    235B134C
    In terms of image quality I find the camera in the Bold to be about on par with my 8330.

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

PIN/ID
    AskMe
    Trust me you wont be disapointed! And as reported already you wont have any problem switching devices