Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

I'm not sure what I want to do right now. I have Verizon now and ... BlackBerry Bold forum

armenvzw no está en línea Stack level 3

Question switch carriers to get BOLD?

Advertisement

I'm not sure what I want to do right now. I have Verizon now and im not due to upgrade. I have the 8330 and im kinda tired of it and want something different. There are no other phones that Verizon has that I want. I don't want the storm. I really want the BOLD and i don't think Verizon is getting it. I'm just not sure if i want to change carriers to get the bold. I thought about the iphone but you cant tether it for lap top use and I need that.
    Hmmm what to do.
    VZW STORM 9530

azstar no está en línea PINStacked!
    The most important thing is good coverage. I have a friend who just switched to AT&T for an iPhone and he said he has never had so many dropped calls in his life. Not sure if this is an AT&T problem or an iPhone problem. But I think that is the most important thing. You could have the coolest phone out there and have no way to get in touch with anybody. Ask people where you work, neighbors, friends who visit your house......see who has AT&T, where they go, how is the coverage. You don't want to leave VZW, pay the ETF have crappy service then have to go crawling back to VZW again
    Twitter? My Apps List

Current SmartPhone: Motorola DROID Rooted, Running Project Elite v4

armenvzw no está en línea Stack level 3
    Quote Originally Posted by azstar View Post
    The most important thing is good coverage. I have a friend who just switched to AT&T for an iPhone and he said he has never had so many dropped calls in his life. Not sure if this is an AT&T problem or an iPhone problem. But I think that is the most important thing. You could have the coolest phone out there and have no way to get in touch with anybody. Ask people where you work, neighbors, friends who visit your house......see who has AT&T, where they go, how is the coverage. You don't want to leave VZW, pay the ETF have crappy service then have to go crawling back to VZW again
    yea you are absolutely right. I've had ATT before, i was on a family plan with a friend and had the blackjack II. I switched because Verizon had the fast data and I wanted that and also so i could tether my lap top when i work on weekends. Then not long after that ATT got 3G and I was pissed off. Not sure if i want to switch back yet.
    VZW STORM 9530

Sam123gil no está en línea Stack level 5
    PIN/ID
    A.S.K.
    Rumor that Verizon is to get the Bold and several new phone in the early part of this year. I want a differnet phone too, but spend around $800 to aquire the Bold and Curve for me and the wife just isn't in the books right now. So I'll wait to see what Verizon comes up with.
    ~©®ĺ©kßë®®Ą~

yourock2425 no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    *&^%$#
    I CANT WAIT... VZW will lag forever!!!
    *LiViN tHe DrEaM* - with my new Bold !!

PIN/ID
    *&^%$#
    Besides, its only money!!

jblackfish no está en línea PINStacked!
    Quote Originally Posted by azstar View Post
    The most important thing is good coverage....................
    This is SO true as you've already acknowledged but I want to echo Azstar's remarks...from someone who lives where not all carriers have great coverage everywhere.

Quote Originally Posted by armenvzw View Post
    ............Then not long after that ATT got 3G and I was pissed off. Not sure if i want to switch back yet.
    Also be aware the 3G coverage isn't everywhere either...yet.

Lastly, I recommend you read all that you can in the threads about users who have experienced the phone that you're thinking of getting. My impression is that not everyone is totally happy with the Bold. It's worth checking out the various opinions before you move and then "playing" with one in the stores.
    For every complex problem there is a solution, that is simple, neat, .....and wrong! (H. L. Mencken) jblackfish(at)pinstack(dot)com

PIN/ID
    *&^%$#
    Well, i played with mom's new bold last night for about 30 mins.. and I was sold.. the speed, the nice display.... Its a no brainer for me.. and the coverage is good where i live to..plus rollover mins.. IM sold... just sick of VZW lagging forever on new phones.. Plus, you only live once, so might as well be happy..

dchandler no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    215EE851
    Well i went and got the Bold about a week ago and cant be more happier, I love the display on the phone, the sound quality is great and everything else about the phone. Its a great choice as long as you can get service in your area. my 2 cent

PIN/ID
    *&^%$#
    Quote Originally Posted by dchandler View Post
    Well i went and got the Bold about a week ago and cant be more happier, I love the display on the phone, the sound quality is great and everything else about the phone. Its a great choice as long as you can get service in your area. my 2 cent
    That's exactly what I thought.. All my friends who are on ATT here say the coverage is good...that was enough to sell me...

calm_tiger no está en línea Stack level 5
    Quote Originally Posted by yourock2425 View Post
    Well, i played with mom's new bold last night for about 30 mins.. and I was sold.. the speed, the nice display.... Its a no brainer for me.. and the coverage is good where i live to..plus rollover mins.. IM sold... just sick of VZW lagging forever on new phones.. Plus, you only live once, so might as well be happy..
    It's awesome that you went and played with a BOLD instead of listening to the negative comments that are posted about it here. If RIM had to discontinue a blackberry every time some one had a gripe or negative comment there would be no such thing as a blackberry. I have never had a problem with my BOLD or AT&T
    Last edited by calm_tiger; 01-26-2009 at 05:03 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by calm_tiger View Post
    It's awesome that you went and played with a BOLD instead of listening to the negative comments that are posted about it here. If RIM had to discontinue a blackberry every time some one had a gripe or negative comment there would be no such thing as a blackberry. I have never had a problem with my BOLD or AT&T
    True and I didn't mean to suggest anything OTHER THAN it's good to review what users before you have experienced. You know better what to expect and sometimes how to deal with it.
    For every complex problem there is a solution, that is simple, neat, .....and wrong! (H. L. Mencken) jblackfish(at)pinstack(dot)com

calm_tiger no está en línea Stack level 5
    Quote Originally Posted by jblackfish View Post
    True and I didn't mean to suggest anything OTHER THAN it's good to review what users before you have experienced. You know better what to expect and sometimes how to deal with it.
    I agree 1000% Who ever imagined choosing the right blackberry would be such a hard life decision?

applejosh no está en línea Stack level 3
    Coverage was the reason I switched to AT&T and the Bold. Verizon was dropping calls like crazy at home (and that includes friends with other Verizon phones, so it was not a phone specific issue). I decided first to switch to AT&T, and then I picked out a phone. I was almost going to go with a Curve (tried and true), but frankly, I thought if I'm going to break my contract and shell out new activation fees and stuff, I might as well get a device that is closer to the cutting edge so I don't get buyer's remorse or want to upgrade in 6 months. Been pretty darn happy with the Bold thus far.
    applejosh
    iPhone 4 (AT&T)
    OS 4.3

Quote Originally Posted by applejosh View Post
    Coverage was the reason I switched to AT&T and the Bold. Verizon was dropping calls like crazy at home (and that includes friends with other Verizon phones, so it was not a phone specific issue). I decided first to switch to AT&T, and then I picked out a phone. I was almost going to go with a Curve (tried and true), but frankly, I thought if I'm going to break my contract and shell out new activation fees and stuff, I might as well get a device that is closer to the cutting edge so I don't get buyer's remorse or want to upgrade in 6 months. Been pretty darn happy with the Bold thus far.
    THat's fantastic, Apple. I'm glad to hear of another satisfied Bold customer - it seems like ther have been more complaints about the Bold than usual but maybe that's because less people post if they're happy than those so who aren't.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast