Well, I got a BB Bold as an upgrade for ATT. I love the phone ... BlackBerry Bold forum

cmybimmer no está en línea Stack level 1

super lag

Advertisement

Well, I got a BB Bold as an upgrade for ATT. I love the phone so far, but ever since ive owned the phone (about 2 months), ive had a really bad text lag. Id send a text to a friend and not receive a text till about 3 hours later or even not at all. So I ask the person in the text convo why the delay and they end up asking ME why i dont reply soon enough. So after many ppl kept telling me they either replied or that im the one who is hella slow to respond, I figured that my phone is not receiving/sending the text on time. Its pretty frustrating esp for the fact that I used to text ALL day and go into many text convo's throughout the day with multiple people. I find that most of the people that get the MOST lag (still have text lag with a few locals, meaning from all over CA) are from out of state.

Is there some kind of method i can use to speed up or eliminate the text lag? Any software upgrade I can use to enhance the phone? I really like the phone, but thats the only downfall. Thx

EricaJ1073 no está en línea PINStacked!
    I don't know if anything will help right now as there is a national BIS outage affecting data and email. Not sure if texting is included.

BIS outage? And yea, email's come in as waves. I get like 4 emails at a time at random times. Ive even been wanting to switch to Verizon, but im not the one paying the bills.... so... yea

BIS outage=problems sending/receivng emails and data, can also include web browsing problems.

So basically a sever problem?

Pretty much nothing I can do? How long do these "BIS outage's" last for?

Yes it's a server problem. I have had data out for up to at least 12 hours if not more. Most of the time you have to sit it out because getting a new SIM card, resending service books, registering on the Host Routing Table, etc will not work. Then again I had 3 SIM cards last year alone.

Hmm, damn. How come its been like that ever since I upgraded to the bold though? Everything was fine for the most part when I had my curve.

If it started before the outage, you might want to follow the steps below:

To see if you have any open programs in the background, hold the ALT key and roll the trackball. See what's open besides BB Messenger, Messages, Home Screen, Phone and Browser. Scroll to any other program, and let go of the trackball and ALT key to open it. Press the BB/Menu key and open the menu and choose Exit.

In the browser, go to Options>Cache. Clear out the cookies, cache, pushed content and history.

Hold the ALT key and press L G L G. This opens the device log. Hit the menu key and select Delete.

Delete any old messages and applications you don't use.