I just got my Bold 9000 the other day, and figured I would try out ... BlackBerry Bold forum

captain_tinker no está en línea Stack level 2

strange 5.0 behavior - new mail indicator not going away

Advertisement

I just got my Bold 9000 the other day, and figured I would try out the new 5.0.0.238. So far so good. I used the device switch wizard to bring over my stuff from my 8300. It seems to be working just fine, it's only been about 24 hours, but so far, I've noticed one strange thing. The email/IM folder is where I have put all my email address icons. When I get an email, it puts the new item notifier icon, the red asterisk, on the folder, which is normal, but it doesn't go away after the email has been read. If I do a battery pull, it goes away. Is this an issue with 5.0? My wife has a Bold too, but it is still on the 4.6.0.297 OS, and it doesn't seem to happen with hers. Any ideas?

-capT

Odd, I did a battery pull, and haven't had the problem again. I am wondering if it had anything to do with Visual Voice Mail, I haven't had a voice mail since, so I don't know yet.

-capT

Quote Originally Posted by captain_tinker View Post
    Odd, I did a battery pull, and haven't had the problem again. I am wondering if it had anything to do with Visual Voice Mail, I haven't had a voice mail since, so I don't know yet.

-capT

Aha! It DOES have something to do with VVM, I just got another one and it did the same thing, except this time it went away changing the theme. Wondering if I put the icon for VVM into that folder instead of the home screen if that would help to clear it? Hasn't Anyone else seen this on 5.0?

-capT

btompkins0112 no está en línea Stack level 3
    I have had this experience with 5.0 on my 8900......mine has to do with the enhanced gmail app. Do you have that app as well? If so that may be your issue.

Enhanced gmail app? Not familiar with it, what is it, and how would that affect visual voice mail?

-capT

btompkins0112 no está en línea Stack level 3
    When I set-up my gmail account it automatically set it up.....all it does is allows you to flag emails, and other gmail stuff. I am not sure, but the folder that I keep all of my email folders in inexplicably indicates a new message even after I've checked them. The 8900 doesn't have visual voicemail....so it may be an email and/or a vvm issue.

Well, I tried moving the VVM icon into the email folder, the one that showed the unread icon, and that seems to have resolved the issue. Owell.

-capT

chokem no está en línea PINStacked!
    PIN/ID
    nada
    same here, running official 5.0 on my storm. just a glitch in the os I guess
    ​Galaxy S4 Red