Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

I've just had my blackberry stolen out of my gym bag while i was working ... BlackBerry Bold forum

Rob113 no está en línea Stack level 2

Stolen bold

Advertisement

I've just had my blackberry stolen out of my gym bag while i was working out and how can i have the pin block or will they ever be able to use the data on the phone. I call Rogers and they say that the pin is block and if the person trys to get data they will let me know.

the question that im asking would i be able to track the person down or Rogers i guess only if they call in for data

luciferseamus no está en línea Device Pro
    Man that BLOWS!
    I'm so sorry to hear of your recent loss.
    I don't know if it would help but...
    we could all start pin msg'ing the phone and drive this person mad!!!!!
    maybe guilt trip them into giving you the phone back!!
    "If you ever lose your keys in a river of molten lava, let 'em go, cus' man, they're gone!!"-Jack Handey

joewoo no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    22CF1F2F
    Wtf... That's some **** man.. Sorry to hear...

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

hyphen no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    30BCDAA6
    Only way I know u can track your phone is if you signed up prestolen at one of the sites mentioned at in a thread where u can track your stolen bb... Also you can call rogers check to see your calls made within the time frame of u wrkn out till when u noticed the phone stolen....

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

supamansimon no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    304feb1f
    Man that sux!!!
    Shane "Swagg" Simon
    CEO/President
    Aiyam Entertainment
    "It's Got to be Bigger than Big"
    Shaneasimon@gmail.com
    Pin: 304FEB1F
    Myspace.com/xxmrmarvelousxx

trust me i tried and they like playing games i even tryed to keep them on msg while i was on the phone with rogers to track them down. I call the GPS people and they track down but there will at a mall then they took out the chip so yeah Thanks you I block my pin but i got another phone so that means that pin is free to use or Rogers will have that phone block

they didnt make any calls they just play around with BB Msg and browse the web start guys who took it i kept calling and calling into they shut off the phone

Bla1ze no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    Ya..NO!
    Your BIS accnt will block it from being activated on another BIS accnt...but as soon as you get a new berry if you keep the same BIS accnt as opposed to creating a new one, you will be "unlocking" that access...also if some Rogers rep goes in there and removes the PIN it will then be freed up as well, Rogers will NOT intentionally block the PIN from data usage or anything like that as Canadian law does not force them too or anything like that...eventually at some point the PIN will be suspended, if you get a new berry and register a new BIS accnt and after time it will release it's self 6 mnths I beleive...and Rogers will not "track" the user of it either unless you have reported it to the police and have a court order that they must do so and even then they have the privacy laws to back them.

Best thing to do is get a new Berry and DO NOT change your old BIS accnt...create a new one...Keep the PIN locked down for as long as possible to at least get some satisfaction in knowing the PIN won't be released.

Sorry for your loss too, that sucks, glad I have mine added to my insurance so if it gets stolen insurance company covers it.

PIN/ID
    Ya..NO!
    Quote Originally Posted by Rob113 View Post
    trust me i tried and they like playing games i even tryed to keep them on msg while i was on the phone with rogers to track them down. I call the GPS people and they track down but there will at a mall then they took out the chip so yeah Thanks you I block my pin but i got another phone so that means that pin is free to use or Rogers will have that phone block
    Ugh!! my post wasn't fast enough...

And their is no way Rogers was ever going to track it...

No

I already got a new one i just got off the phone ROGERS SO THEY SAY HAVE THE IME BLOCK no already sign up my new blackberry bold this morning and damnn i wish they told me this. They said it was ok they will still block the IME is that true

PIN/ID
    Ya..NO!
    Rogers as far as I know has no IMEI blocking process in place..the only time they ever offered this was back when they used analog phones, when the IMEI used to go on a blacklist...but I never known them to update it since..personally, I'd say it was a line of crap they were feeding you about the IMEI block...but I may be wrong in there especially if they updated...but once again I doubt they have, they don;t care if your phone gets stolen...that's just someone else that gets a data bill therefore increasing their revenue @ Rogers.

are you serious so i sign up the phone on another different email address right now i should try that too see if that will work

illmaticone no está en línea Stack level 1
    try this next time

cant post links...

its called mcafee anti-theft mobile

you will get an e-mail and/or txt of the phone number for the users sim, and and possibly locate them geographically.

would you be able to send me private msg with the link please

illmaticone no está en línea Stack level 1
    i cant, says ur not allowing. give me ur email address or enable it

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast