Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Even though the capability is there, the carrier will not lock the PIN. All they ... BlackBerry Bold forum

GregGebhardt no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    No Way

Advertisement

Even though the capability is there, the carrier will not lock the PIN. All they will do is stop phone service.

You need to tell you Mom she is going to have to buy another phone.
    Greg
    in Jax, FL

sooner no está en línea Stack Professional
    Thanks to all love will be appreciated.

iLord is DEAD!

excuse me for my last post, i was not asking for love just saying i will show sum.
    came out wrong.

iLord is DEAD!

Just some info I had recently learned.

My mas phone, ok I have her as a BBM contact, I have changed my viewable name, and mine says available/unavailabe, and still shows her name as if they havent changed it, with me so far? ok so mas says unREACHABLE which tells me they have not turned it back on. And i have set an alert to notify me when it becomes available. Now as long as they dont erase me as a contact I will be linked still to her phone, and if they ever do erase me I can continue to see if they will add me by changing my viewable name to something else. Then possible I can lure him into an a** beating.

Sounds like a lot of possible fun ahead.

I keep you posted.

iLord is DEAD!

jfcooley no está en línea Stack Professional
    Personally I think its a bad idea to try and meet this person. There are too many variables that can lead to it ending badly.
    What I would suggest (strongly) is contacting the police with any information to add to the report you hopefully filed.

In Va I believe Grand larceny has an attached value of $250. My gf dad is an ex state trooper so I'll try and get that confirmed. Where you are it may be more. Usually the cap is @ $500, so the bold shout fit in there somewhere.

Let those that can, do. Its a phone. You have no idea what this person is or is capable of. A device, no matter the attachment, isn't worth risking personal safety over. Its easy to get worked up, and make threats, but you could be the one ending up in trouble or worse.
    ~via smartphone mobile.pinstack.com~

mbwilson no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    20DCCB16
    I'd be careful on following through on that plan as well. You never know who could be on the other end of that line. A phone may be worth $500 to some, it may be worth a whole lot more to others . . .

I have had phones stolen in the past. VZW was the same and unresponsive like ATT was with you. They wouldn't even refund the charges for all of the international calls the person made in the 2 hours it took me to realize i hadn't just left my phone in the car. These are all good reasons for insurance and for a holster of some kind. I know it has helped me.

Well, I never really intended meeting this person, mainly just messing with him for as long as I can. Thanks for being worried bout me, but I'm a champ. So the hick town PoPo here has done said case closed. She's over it now, got her a new one, maybe I should get mine stolen? J/ Off I go, thrown daughter down the isle. Then Big gartherin (not my house thank god) with everybody friends family and alcoholic beverages, I need one NOW!!Be kewl, stay true, to the ones that matter to you!
    Last edited by sooner; 04-11-2009 at 11:01 AM.

iLord is DEAD!

jfcooley no está en línea Stack Professional
    We're going to to my gf parents house for dinner (and an OS upgrade!). Like I said, her dad is a retired va state trooper, so I'll get his thoughts. Won't matter now, but may be useful in the future. Also want his opinion on the info SimGuard provides.
    He's a minister now so I'm sure he's going to offer the same advice I've given on the meeting thing, and glad you're ruling that out.

There's got to be some real recourse if a blackberry is stolen for the owner. Keep in mind though what he offers may only apply for va, as states have different laws.
    ~via smartphone mobile.pinstack.com~

I understand different state laws, and it really $500 grand larceny here, she got phone for bout that, but there is a serious meth problem down here to where a house is catchin on fire 2 a week, so phone not a priority here, I'm just bored, no job, talkin trash, havin fun. Maybe I will find one soon (er).

iLord is DEAD!

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123