Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

I see what you all mean, yes the trackpad is awesome I'm becoming a bit ... BlackBerry Bold forum

Female_MC no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    24A2C570

Advertisement

I see what you all mean, yes the trackpad is awesome I'm becoming a bit spoiled with that and T-mobile's 3g network lol it is noticeably quicker which I am certainly happy with. I'm getting used to the size of it, my fingers have adapted within 2 days almost! I sit my 9700 next to my 9000 (even though its purple) the 9700 looks like a more classy, elegant Bold to me while my 9000 looks hefty, hefty, hefty lol.

mobile99 no está en línea Stack level 3
    Quote Originally Posted by blackninja View Post
    I am surprised with so many blackberry enthusiasts that so many seem to be unaware of all the subtle changes that has made it the best blackberry released to date.
    I choose to give the BlackBerry enthusiasts more credit that to say they are unaware.

There is no doubt in my mind they are very aware.

It's just the confusing way that RIM has decided to designate this device. They call it an upgrade to the Bold, but it is nothing of the sort. They've shrunken it to the size of a Curve. They've taken away the fast, comfy keyboard, and the large beautiful display, the two most important parts of the interface of any smart phone. So what you are left with, is an upgraded 8900.

The BlackBerry community will either pass on this or be willing to give up the reason they bought the Bold in the first place.

After all if Toyota released a new Camry the size of a Corolla would anyone really believe that was an upgrade or improvement?

I don't think so.

Kimberlee no está en línea Stack level 3
    I agree, $299.00 is far to much to pay for a updated 8900. To me this is not a update to a Bold. Rim should of kept the same size, that's what amazing about the 9000, and it just feels like a better phone all around than the 9700. Just my opinion, I will keep my 9000 and also I LOVE IT.

psi chick no está en línea Stack level 4
    i love my 9000 and i am probably going to keep it. i'm always wanting the newest phones though, so we'll see. i already was told by my att guy that he'll have one for me on monday, i just have to see what the price is going to be. if it's a good deal, i'll probably pick it up just because i like new toys. i'm not dying to have this one though. the upgrades are so minor that it's not really an upgrade.

one thing that i really really really hope they fixed is the allocation of memory on the phone. i have 1gb of internal memory in my bold, yet i have to delete apps to install new ones. what good is all this internal memory if i can't use it for apps?????? i don't use my phone as a mp3 player, i have an ipod for that. i want my phone for apps and i can barely use it for that as it sits.

Quote Originally Posted by psi chick View Post
    i love my 9000 and i am probably going to keep it. i'm always wanting the newest phones though, so we'll see. i'm not dying to have this one though. the upgrades are so minor that it's not really an upgrade.
    I agree with you.

I was all set for a "new Bold" until I found out they shrunk it to 8900 size. Taking away it's comfy spacious keyboard and large beautiful display. These two takeaways are unacceptable.

Not that I have anything against the size of the 8900 I had one and enjoyed it. But it's no Bold.

I don't mind the slightly larger size of the "Real Bold" just check out the specs below:

109 x 60 x 13.5 mm BlackBerry 8900

109 x 60 x 14.0 mm BlackBerry 9700 (Bold?)

116 x 62 x 12.5 mm Apple iPhone3Gs

114 x 66 x 14.0 mm BlackBerry 9000 Bold

I included an iPhone to illustrate it's taller, and only 4mm narrower than the Bold 9000.

I've not heard the iPhone called a Tank. Or huge and bulky.

psi chick no está en línea Stack level 4
    that's because it's the iphone and beyond criticism.

Female_MC no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    24A2C570
    I'm thinking about keeping my 9000 for a back-up.

Quote Originally Posted by psi chick View Post
    that's because it's the iphone and beyond criticism.
    I am brand neutral, and love my smartphones. After having a run with some great BlackBerry's, and then watching as the competition introduced some great alternatives, I now use an iPhone3Gs, Droid, and 9700 in that order.

It doesn't matter to me what brand it is as long as it does what it's advertised to do and it meets my needs. That's why I never limit myself to just one phone. Or just one line, or carrier, for that matter. At the end of the day there is nothing like variety and a backup if one goes down, so this way I can enjoy the best features of each model and ignore the shortcomings.

BigHulkDiese no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    22BF6200
    As I posted in another thread, I had the 9700 2 days before its release from ATT. I took it back 1 day before its release. One day was all I needed to know that I did not like that phone. Just sitting it beside my bold made me hate my decision to buy it in the first place. Bold might be a tad outdated, but still the best in my opinion.

Quote Originally Posted by BigHulkDiese View Post
    As I posted in another thread, I had the 9700 2 days before its release from ATT. I took it back 1 day before its release. One day was all I needed to know that I did not like that phone. Just sitting it beside my bold made me hate my decision to buy it in the first place. Bold might be a tad outdated, but still the best in my opinion.
    As an early adopter, I've learned that newer is not always better. I've also learned that if the device I'm using meets my needs that giving it up, for the "latest and greatest" is not always a smart thing to do. As a result, since I still love new technology and it provides a way to stay on the cutting edge, I simply buy it in addition to what I have. Test it first to see if it merits keeping and go from there.

The Bold 9000 meets my every need quite nicely. Yes I would love to have a trackpad, but that's all that I find truly compelling.

So at this juncture I've chosen to stay with my tried and true Real Bold 9000 and I've let go of my Curve 9700.

pdxmatts no está en línea Stack Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by cherrichiodo View Post
    I have seen so many of these discussions! It certainly doesn't help the fact that I am jones'ing for a new device. Last year at the BlackBerry DevCon was my first time checking out the Bold. I hated it. In fact, there's prob some post of mine here that says exactly how I felt about it. But having been forced to buy one early this year (Curve took a swim), I have to say this is the BEST model I have owned, to date. Although I like the form factor of the 8900 (hubby has one), I think it is a bit too small for my cripple hands (severe carpel). I was waiting, hoping to hear more cheers than jeers. I agree with what mobile99 says ... they should have called it the Curve 9700. I still don't know why its an upgrade from the current 9000.
    I have to say that the Tour has a keyboard that is more like the Bold, Not the Bold 2. I agree, it never should have been called a Bold. Every time I see a TMO commercial that says the Bold, I think, TMO doesn't have the Bold, but then I remember they are talking about the Bold 2.

Raven71 no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    249F7DCD
    Maybe they will take the touch pad and the extra memory and batt life with all the other features and put them into the OLD Bold.
    I also just compared them and the thing that made me stay with my OLD Bold is the screen. Plus I also put 5.0.238 on mine and it has been working fine.

Quote Originally Posted by Raven71 View Post
    Maybe they will take the touch pad and the extra memory and batt life with all the other features and put them into the OLD Bold.
    I also just compared them and the thing that made me stay with my OLD Bold is the screen. Plus I also put 5.0.238 on mine and it has been working fine.
    +1

Very well said!

I could not agree more.

RIM should get off it's duff and upgrade the 9000.

Include a trackpad, more memory, and some other of the latest refinements and ship it to us. NOW.

I got rid of my Curve 9700, it's a great phone don't get me wrong, but it is NOT a Bold.

I've decided to cave in and overhaul my old Bold 9000.

Having the Droid as my primary device which is working out great, I will fix my Bold to hold me over until RIM decides if they are going to upgrade the Real Bold 9000 or not.

Too bad RIM let use down, and drove me to another product, as I enjoyed getting a new BB each year.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12