Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Just curious if any stackers have ordered the 9700 and are keeping it? And if ... BlackBerry Bold forum

Female_MC no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    24A2C570

Stay Or Go?

Advertisement

Just curious if any stackers have ordered the 9700 and are keeping it? And if there are any people sending / selling the 9700 back to keep the 9000? I ordered a 9700 myself, and I will post my decision probably by the end of the week.

mobile99 no está en línea Stack level 3
    Tried one today, felt exactly the same as my Curve 8900.

Too bad RIM doesn't call it the Curve 9700, that's a far more accurate description.

My initial impression after two hours, is it's a nice minor upgrade, and although I'm eligible, I will pass.

EricaJ1073 no está en línea PINStacked!
    I will be getting the 9700 on my next upgrade. I'm in desperate need of a new BB at the moment LOL

Female_MC no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    24A2C570
    I see, I am still getting acquainted with mine since I'm with T-Mo I only have 14 days to decide so I will make up my mind by Friday.

SeRViiCiiO no está en línea Stack level 5
    im def keeping mine-- idk if i should add insurance to it tho- never really had a problem with my other Berrys
    Phone: T-Mo S4- Stock-Rooted

[Former]
    Device: T-Mobile S3
    Device: HTC Amaze 4G
    Device: HTC Vision (T-Mobile G2)
    Device: BlackBerry (9700, 8900,8320,8120,8100)

moderncowboy no está en línea Stack Moderator
    PIN/ID
    AskMe
    Quote Originally Posted by SeRViiCiiO View Post
    im def keeping mine-- idk if i should add insurance to it tho- never really had a problem with my other Berrys
    I always get insurance. You never know what could happen. It might not be an actual problem with the BB but an accident where you drop it get it wet...etc.

thanks ModernCowboy- ill most likely add insurance to it this week-- would hate if something bad happened to my phone!

[Former]

snipes mcgee no está en línea Stack level 4
    I'm waiting a few more months to get mine. The only 'upgrade' i can see the 9700 has over the 9000 is the trackpad, so I think I need a bit more convincing. I already have 5.0 and it's almost made my Bold into a completely new phone. :-/ Maybe I'll get a refurbished 9700 when they start selling them.
    I have a BlackBerry and a WhiteApple. :)

cherrichiodo no está en línea PINStacked!
    PIN/ID
    ATA
    I have seen so many of these discussions! It certainly doesn't help the fact that I am jones'ing for a new device. Last year at the BlackBerry DevCon was my first time checking out the Bold. I hated it. In fact, there's prob some post of mine here that says exactly how I felt about it. But having been forced to buy one early this year (Curve took a swim), I have to say this is the BEST model I have owned, to date. Although I like the form factor of the 8900 (hubby has one), I think it is a bit too small for my cripple hands (severe carpel). I was waiting, hoping to hear more cheers than jeers. I agree with what mobile99 says ... they should have called it the Curve 9700. I still don't know why its an upgrade from the current 9000.

Quote Originally Posted by cherrichiodo View Post
    they should have called it the Curve 9700
    +1

i hear this a lot!

[Former]

labevlol no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    BREEEEEE
    if you're selling yours let me know!!!

chokem no está en línea PINStacked!
    PIN/ID
    nada
    I guess RIM thought it was a vast improvement over the original Bold to slap a 3.2 mp camera and extra app memory on the 9700 and call it a Bold II. They should have just called it the Curve III.
    ​Galaxy S4 Red

Capdot no está en línea Stack level 5
    They should have just called it: "9700 model, The new Blackberry. Just a little better than your older Blackberry"

blackninja no está en línea Stack level 5
    PIN/ID
    spam=no
    I am surprised with so many blackberry enthusiasts that so many seem to be unaware of all the subtle changes that has made it the best blackberry released to date.

-form factor/build quality
    while only half a mm deeper, it has kept all the same dimensions while now housing the ability to pick up the 3G bands. it is more solidly built and has a far superior keyboard than that of the first Curves. the build quality and keyboard is why they gave it the Bold name I believe. normally the Curves are a little lower in comparison. the rubberized sidebuttons and usb placement along with a battery door that finally is unmovable with no hatch release.. perfect.

-touchpad
    dieing trackballs, dust, dirt.. it was about time that it was done away with and after playing around with it a bit you fall in love with the touchpad. its responsive and works a lot easier as a 3rd button (when pressed in).

-processor/memory
    the internals got the much needed bump to where right out of the box it operates perfectly and there is no lag/freezes when running multiple apps, loading pics, navigating between screens, or initial cold startups.

-battery life
    maybe it's the device.. maybe its the OS.. maybe its a combo of both, but in both cases it is slightly noticeable over the 8900 and what is crazier is the fact it now pulls 3G which should actually worsen battery life.

-camera autofocus/saving/video capturing
    i'm not sure if this is hardware, improved software, or a combo of both. I ran 5.0 on my 8900 and it still did the slow autofocus and picture taking (many more blurry pics). now when pics are taken the autofocus happens quickly and the picture taking/saving is faster as well making live action shots far easier and crisp. the videos you capture also save faster. I know part of the above is coming from the meatier processor, but still, improvement nonetheless.

-3G
    I enjoy the multitasking ability as well as the improved tethering. the bandwidth jump for my netbooking has turned me into a mobile net center. also is nice to finally use the various streaming apps that is offered for the berry that just doesn't do to well on basic Tmo EDGE (Slacker Radio).

-Upgradeable
    With these subtle improvements it leaves room for future OS updates that will take advantage of the meatier processor and apps that may otherwise slow down the device.

IMO this is what the original 9700 should have been. to me the differences are like between a beta and a full program release. it's the same program, one is polished to perfection and the other is a rough draft.

mzniki0921 no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    30FB3AD8
    id prolly say keep it... my best friends boyfriend has a 9700 and is in total love with it loves everything bout it and best of all is the new track pad.. i have an 8520 and the trackpad is soooo much better than the track ball...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast