Hello everyone, I was wondering if anyone knows of a standalone (preferably free) RSS reader ... BlackBerry Bold forum

sigsegv no está en línea Stack level 1

Standalone RSS Reader

Advertisement

Hello everyone,

I was wondering if anyone knows of a standalone (preferably free) RSS reader with NO online subscription or whatever for the BB 9000. I prefer an application that does it by itself, non by using an online news aggregator.

Any ideas ?

Thanks.

RogerG no está en línea Stack Administrator
    Probably not exactly what you're looking for, but BerryReader from Bellshare uses Google Reader. It's not free, but it's a great app.

mmcpher no está en línea Stack level 1
    PIN/ID
    2013818F
    I also use and like Bellshare's BerryReader. There is also a free app from CDJ Studios in Blackberry App World called "Feeds" which also accesses your google reader feeds. "Feeds" is pretty nice, from a graphics standpoint, but you have to launch the app and wait for the feeds to download. BerryReader pushes them to your BB and you can integrate it with your messages to get a notice for new feeds.

RoboticGolem no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    24ab431b
    I don't know about the torch, cause of the new browser and all, but the blackberry browser used to support rss feeds. I've been using viigo for the longest time because of the notifications and its a little less clumsy. Need to test to make sure. Just hit the rss link, it would bring up all of the articles, and add the page as a bookmark. Then, when you look at your bookmark list, if there is new articles, its bold and italicized so you can see easily.

sigsegv no está en línea Stack level 1
    @ RoboticGolem - that is probably closest to what I was looking for - thanks ! The only problem is the way it's reading the feeds - first the title then (upon click) the description; I'd prefer a snippet or something, but that'll do for now.

I'll also give a try to the other suggestions - thanks everyone for the help.

L.E. - Feeds from CDJ is NOT free.

Cheers.
    Last edited by sigsegv; 09-29-2010 at 04:09 PM.

thbassman no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    ASKME4IT
    Sisegv,

It sounds like BerryReader may be just what you want.

Its even on sale half price right now @ Mobihand
    THBASSMAN

Carpe Diem!!

thbassmanatpinstackdotcom

Check this out!!! Mobiletropolis

My TORCH Rocks!