Just moved up from a Pearl to the 9000. However I must admit that I ... BlackBerry Bold forum

Zingari no está en línea Stack level 1

Question Spelling & Capitalization - Or Lack of

Advertisement

Just moved up from a Pearl to the 9000. However I must admit that I miss the SureType feature and at the moment can type faster on the pearl!

Can anyone advise if I can make the Bold capitalise names, days, months etc automatically?

The pearl would for instance give me the option of may or May but everything on the bold is lower case (except new sentence etc) inckuding names. How come they don't go into the custom dictionary or auto text feature to offer up suggestions?

Any help appreciated.....................although it may be a matter of time before I get used to it.
    Regards, Zingari
    IZW - from darkness, through firs , into light.

"Cribbins fetch the Purdey, there's a Chav on the estate!"

sbs8331 no está en línea Stack level 2
    When typing a word, just pressing the letter for a second will cause it to capitalize, though it won't capitalize automatically unless you add each example of a word to be capitalized to the auto text feature; not really practical.

many thanks. If I have set words that I use many times and they are unique how do I add them to the dictionary so they appear in spell check or as autotext?
    Regards, Zingari

ealvnv no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    ask me
    Go to options >auto text
    Mene key and select new
    REPLACE: write the word you want
    WITH choose a hint to replace above word
    Ie
    Replace:
    Pinstack
    With:
    Pst

Leave the other things untouched
    ~via smartphone mobile.pinstack.com~

Thumbs down Thanks so far Guys - Now Another Issue

I still find it strange that whilst the Pearl will auto learn previosuly used words the Bold will not.

Whilst playing around with it I discovered that you can enable SureType - but only if you work in Russian or Arabic! Is there a way around this?

At the moment I have needed to auto text/replace each day of the week so that when it spells in lower case (without offering a correction!) it now auto corrects to capitalize the first letter.

Surely the pearl with suretype cannot outperform the more recent BOLD?

A full keyboard is good but if I could get SureType to give me the options as I type and autolearn words it would be a winner
    Regards, Zingari

GregGebhardt no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    No Way
    Quote Originally Posted by Zingari View Post
    I still find it strange that whilst the Pearl will auto learn previosuly used words the Bold will not.

Whilst playing around with it I discovered that you can enable SureType - but only if you work in Russian or Arabic! Is there a way around this?

At the moment I have needed to auto text/replace each day of the week so that when it spells in lower case (without offering a correction!) it now auto corrects to capitalize the first letter.

A full keyboard is good but if I could get SureType to give me the options as I type and autolearn words it would be a winner
    It is all about what you are used to using. I can not imagine using suretype after using full QWERTY RIN keyboards for so long. I tried once and HATED it, why because I was used to my full QWERTY keyboard.

Give it time and it will seem very natural, if you are not willing to give it the time, Pearl is for you.
    Greg
    in Jax, FL

Thanks - I am trying! I just can't understand days of the week/month etc not defaulting to a capital letter as there are no other ways to spell it - except a few like may/May
    Regards, Zingari

jrhorner71 no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    @5K
    Quote Originally Posted by Zingari View Post

Check in the your spell check options that it is turned on to check on sending when it finds words not in the dictionary it gives choices to change to but hit the BB menu key and click add to dictionary. Another option as well

jrhorner71 no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    @5K
    Another option for your days is to autotext like this:
    su -> Sunday
    mo -> Monday
    tu -> Tuesday
    w -> Wednesday
    th -> Thursday
    fr -> Friday
    sa -> Saturday

This is how we abbreviated it when I was in the military it was a lot easier. the reason for w is we and wed both words as well.