Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thanks for the recommendation jblack.. I'm gonna have to try to find someone... Maybe cuz ... BlackBerry Bold forum

joewoo no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    22CF1F2F

Advertisement

Thanks for the recommendation jblack.. I'm gonna have to try to find someone... Maybe cuz its xmas time I'll have some extra sympathy

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

jblackfish no está en línea PINStacked!
    Quote Originally Posted by joewoo View Post
    Thanks for the recommendation jblack.. I'm gonna have to try to find someone... Maybe cuz its xmas time I'll have some extra sympathy

Lose the bubble gum and cry if you have to. Good luck. Let us know how it goes.
    For every complex problem there is a solution, that is simple, neat, .....and wrong! (H. L. Mencken) jblackfish(at)pinstack(dot)com

PIN/ID
    22CF1F2F
    I have solved the issue in case anyone runs into this...

I put a tiny tiny tube of paper in the microphone hole... It has to be roughly 2mm in length.. You can use a black piece of paper to make it hard to see...

I had a small feeling that there was a high amount of echoeing in the hole of the microphone port cuz when it would squeal on speakerphone, I was able to stop it by partially covering the microphone hole..

You ARE inventive. I'm impressed! Glad you got it solved.
    For every complex problem there is a solution, that is simple, neat, .....and wrong! (H. L. Mencken) jblackfish(at)pinstack(dot)com

PIN/ID
    22CF1F2F
    Haha thx.. There's a post above where someone sayd .214 fixed that issue.. Gonna try that and hopefully I can pull the paper out

Quote Originally Posted by joewoo View Post
    Haha thx.. There's a post above where someone sayd .214 fixed that issue.. Gonna try that and hopefully I can pull the paper out

Good luck. I'd prefer THAT fix to the paper long-term.

PIN/ID
    22CF1F2F
    Paper doesn't work.. I got it to squeal still... Don't waste your time hahah

GregGebhardt no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    No Way
    Does it feedback all the time while on speakerphone or just sometimes?

I use my speaker phone a good bit and I can not remember getting feedback on any of my Blackberrys
    Greg
    in Jax, FL

PIN/ID
    22CF1F2F
    Without the paper... It squeals like 90% of the time... I can get it to stop by laying it flat... Or covering the mic hole...

With the paper... Its like 10% of the time...

I say percentages cuz if I hold it randomly while I walk/doing things... At certain angles.. Thereis no squeal...

dicin no está en línea Stack level 2
    I have had the same problem ever since I changed to the black bezel and upgraded to the 214. I think it is less with the 215. I do not know if it is the bezel or the two firmware 214 and 215. I have tried all the available beta and official firmware. The only ones with this is the 214 and 215.

I do not believe it is hardware unless the black bezel is the problem.

This issue has come out only recently.

blulite no está en línea Stack level 1
    Quote Originally Posted by dicin View Post
    I do not believe it is hardware unless the black bezel is the problem.

I had the same problem. Here's the fix. Take a look at your silver bezel. There are two mesh screens in the silver bezel that need to be moved to the black bezel. There is a fine mesh screen covering the narrow hole on the top, and over the tiny microphone hole on the bottom. I looked with a flashlight and a magnifying glass to see them. Both need to be moved to the black bezel.

The microphone screen comes out pretty easily, the mesh on the top hole is very delicate and tough to get out without ripping. I used a straight pin, flashlight, and a magnifying glass. Work around the edges, it will come out in one piece. Whatever glue is left on the screen will hold it just fine in the black bezel.

Jeff

PIN/ID
    22CF1F2F
    Oooo thx man.. Gonna have to check that out

PIN/ID
    22CF1F2F
    Ok jus checkin in... I was able to locate and peel the tiny screen from the original silver bezel and place it into the black one... The speakerphone sounds great now.. No feedback!!

Thank you blulite!!

crayons no está en línea Stack level 1
    PIN/ID
    249e541a
    Joe, thanks for keeping us updated. I'm about to do the swap also!

PIN/ID
    22CF1F2F
    here are some tips...

imagine trying to take a sticker off a plate without ripping it... u would work the edges and slowly go around... its pretty hard.. but in the case with the screen mesh... u have a hole on the other side... use the hole to your ADVANTAGE... for the thinner top screen mesh... i used my tweezers and pushed into the mesh (outside the bezel INTO hole to the mesh) this flexed the material to the point where it looked like it might even rip... but it didnt... while u have the material flexed... THEN work the edges with something like a pin/needle... u will be able to "cut" the gummy material MUCH easier... the hardest part should be holding the flexed material in place... once u have one side of either screen mesh piece, then u can pull the lifted area with the tweezer to fully removed the mesh from the bezel...
    torched!

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast