Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Ok.. When I put someone on speakerphone, sometimes it makes that high pitched squealing noise ... BlackBerry Bold forum

joewoo no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    22CF1F2F

speaker feedback

Advertisement

Ok.. When I put someone on speakerphone, sometimes it makes that high pitched squealing noise like when someone is holding the mic wrong... I think its called feedback?? I'm not sure...

So what I'm saying is, I have to watch how I hold my bold or else it'll make that noise and I can't hear the person...

Its not a feint noise... It preTty damn loud... Anyone know about audio that can give an explanation?
    torched!

jblackfish no está en línea PINStacked!
    Joe, When it happens are you near ANY other device that has a transmitter...like a wireless phone, other device, some kind of mike...?

Just guessing...if it's feedback there has to be something around competing with it. Does it happen where ever you are physically?
    For every complex problem there is a solution, that is simple, neat, .....and wrong! (H. L. Mencken) jblackfish(at)pinstack(dot)com

Berryadict no está en línea Stack level 7
    Jb's right. Check bluetooth devices in vicinity. Check audio level. May have to reload os....

PIN/ID
    22CF1F2F
    Hmm.. I've had it happen basically everywhere I'm at... Work.. In both my cars... I don't think its OS related... I've reloaded multiple times... I will try .210 and see if anything changes...

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

May be a handset gone bad, Joe. Hopefully you have coverage so that you can take it in for new one(?) if necessary.
    For every complex problem there is a solution, that is simple, neat, .....and wrong! (H. L. Mencken) jblackfish(at)pinstack(dot)com

PIN/ID
    22CF1F2F
    Garrrrrrr.. I doubt I can return it... I did some modifications to it... Black bezel... And I sharpied my ball red... Yea, SHARPIED!

You're a hoot, Joe! Sharpie?

Wirelezz no está en línea Stack level 2
    Its a defective Bold, i have the same thing ! firm ware 167 and 190 are the only ones that will work with no feedback. thats the only ones i got to work where i can cover the right speaker without feedback. Mine is being replaced under warrenty. im gone try 214 now see if it works with it.

Ok installed 214 also very good for NO feedback noiz
    Last edited by Wirelezz; 12-18-2008 at 07:05 PM.

Well, Joe. If you can find a "friendly" rep and you haven't been too "naughty" maybe you can get it replaced. Good luck...and stay away from the Sharpies.

archer6 no está en línea Stack level 8
    Quote Originally Posted by joewoo View Post
    Garrrrrrr.. I doubt I can return it... I did some modifications to it... Black bezel... And I sharpied my ball red... Yea, SHARPIED!
    Wow! I had the feeling you were a very creative Stacker...

RED Sharpie huh? My Favorite Color, and since my Bolds all Black I may just get a little crazy with Red myself. After all, my poor trackball is pale white...... any tips for me? Like how many coats .... ha..ha..ha.

Does it rub off?
    Anything to watch for, or avoid?
    I'm open to any hot tips you have.

Thanks for the idea joewoo, and good luck with your situation.

Cheers...

PIN/ID
    AskMe
    My gf sharpies all of her Curves with a pink sharpie lol
    But yeah joe i dont know any rep that will take it back honestly.
    UNLESS you manage to put everything back together and not SHOW at all that youve been there .

Good luck friend !

PIN/ID
    AskMe
    Quote Originally Posted by archer6 View Post
    Wow! I had the feeling you were a very creative Stacker...

RED Sharpie huh? My Favorite Color, and since my Bolds all Black I may just get a little crazy with Red myself. After all, my poor trackball is pale white...... any tips for me? Like how many coats .... ha..ha..ha.

Does it rub off?
    Anything to watch for, or avoid?
    I'm open to any hot tips you have.

Thanks for the idea joewoo, and good luck with your situation.

Cheers...
    Just be careful and do it progressively.
    Two coating of sharpie my girlfriend says.
    Just again do it slowly and be careful to not touch the device !

Good Luck!

PIN/ID
    22CF1F2F
    Yeah I had to do sections at a time... I'd color and let dry for a couple min... Then rotate the ball... And color the new section... For a couple days, the ball will be a tad sticky.. But this goes away soon.. The glowing red ball looks real hot!

via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

PIN/ID
    22CF1F2F
    here you go guys... black bezel.. silver side buttons.... SHARPIED BALL!! broken speaker phone

torched!

I have to admit it's nice work, Joe. I'd still try to appeal to someone in person if you have a chance - I think you can tell right away whether they'll help you or not. Go to several stores if you have them near you. What have you got to lose except time? Good luck!

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast