Hi there, I've been noticing that whenever I go from an area that has no ... BlackBerry Bold forum

alex710 no está en línea Stack level 1

SOS Problem

Advertisement

Hi there,

I've been noticing that whenever I go from an area that has no service to an area with service, I don't get service back on my phone. I get the SOS logo on the upper right hand corner and it doesn't go away until I manually go into "manage connections" and I turn off the wireless network and turn it back on.

Any ideas as to why the phone doesn't automatically search for service when I come back into a service area.

Please help.

Thanks,
    Alex

PIN/ID
    AskMe

jblackfish no está en línea PINStacked!
    Quote Originally Posted by alex710 View Post
    Hi there,

I've been noticing that whenever I go from an area that has no service to an area with service, I don't get service back on my phone. I get the SOS logo on the upper right hand corner and it doesn't go away until I manually go into "manage connections" and I turn off the wireless network and turn it back on.

Any ideas as to why the phone doesn't automatically search for service when I come back into a service area.

Please help.

Thanks,
    Alex
    THat's definately different with your Bold. Normally the SOS comes when you lose service and the phone will exhaust itself looking for a signal until it either finds one, switches to it, or runs out the battery. I don't know if that's common to all Bolds or not - I hope not. Any Bold owners have this experience?
    For every complex problem there is a solution, that is simple, neat, .....and wrong! (H. L. Mencken) jblackfish(at)pinstack(dot)com

I've tried the battery pull and it still does the same thing. Does anyone have any ideas as to anything else I can do???

cornelious0_0 no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    235B134C
    Maybe you could go one step further and re-install your OS, but if you don't want to or it doesn't fix it I don't know what else you could do.

Thankfully I never lose service other then when I'm at work (can't use my phone while at work anyways) for a minute or so...so I can't even sympathize with you.

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

jblackfish no está en línea PINStacked!
    I'm bumping this thread because it's a Bold question in the Bold forum and several users and I replied and we're not Bold users as far as i can tell.

Is there a Bold user who can help this user?
    For every complex problem there is a solution, that is simple, neat, .....and wrong! (H. L. Mencken) jblackfish(at)pinstack(dot)com

peterthill no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    281860C8
    Hi there,

Please help.

Thanks,
    Alex

Do you have set the Bold to 3G? If yes this could be the answer: If the Bold lost the 3G connection its unable the reconnect. We have simmilar issues here in Germany with every phone that could hadle 3G.

So I have set my Bold to 2G only. Its fast enough for me

HTH
    Peter

How would I go about setting my phone to 2G instead of 3G, since technically I'm on the T-Mobile network and they only have EDGE.

raysan11 no está en línea Stack level 1
    PIN/ID
    204dea3d
    network connections>mobile network options>network mode then change the option

Kyo0tdemon no está en línea Stack level 5
    How would I go about setting my phone to 2G instead of 3G, since technically I'm on the T-Mobile network and they only have EDGE.
    If you are using an unlocked AT&T Bold, you will not be able to change from 3G to 2G as all AT&T Bolds are equipped with 3G. However, if you are using a Rogers one, I think you can.

Kyo0tdemon no está en línea Stack level 5
    I've tried the battery pull and it still does the same thing. Does anyone have any ideas as to anything else I can do???
    How long do you keep your battery out for when you do a battery pull? I used to have the same problem with my Curve. Perhaps you should get your SIM card replaced. Someone on PS recommended I do that as a solution to my Curve SOS'ing on me all the time and it worked.

cornelious0_0 no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    235B134C
    Quote Originally Posted by Kyo0tdemon View Post
    If you are using an unlocked AT&T Bold, you will not be able to change from 3G to 2G as all AT&T Bolds are equipped with 3G. However, if you are using a Rogers one, I think you can.
    I'll confirm that the Roger's Bold let's you set the connection to manual and then choose either 2G or 3G, in addition to the default dynamic/automatic setting in which the phone opts for 3G but automatically switches off to 2G when necessary.

Yeah, I have an unlocked AT&T Bold and using it on the T-Mo network, so I can't manually change from 3G to 2G. In reference to SIM card, I just got a new SIM card about 4 months ago, so I don't think it is the SIM chip. I've also gone ahead and wiped out my phone last night and reinstalled the OS and it's still having the same problem