Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

I am getting a SOS msg on my brand new Bold. It works fine in ... BlackBerry Bold forum

potsie no está en línea Stack level 1

Question SOS msg on Bold

Advertisement

I am getting a SOS msg on my brand new Bold. It works fine in a 3g network but goes in and out of service showing that stupid SOS. I have been to 3 different ATT stores and have gotten 3 different Bolds, they have even check on the tower in my area.

I need my fellow stackers for help. And I don't want to go to the Iphone.

Thanks,

Potsie

krosli no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    747101D2
    Are you close to a 3G tower at home? Does it cycle from 3G to EDGE or GSM?

PIN/ID
    LESS
    Maybe a OS upgrade

Ge
    Ge no está en línea Stack level 4
    Usually an SOS message indicates that there is a problem with the SIM. If your SIM is locked or account is suspended, you are still allowed to make emergency calls. Hence the SOS

Krsoli I am not near any 3g towers
    Rsc I was thinking about the OS (167) but I don't know how to do that
    Ge I have 2 new sim cards the last one the rep did some updates to.
    I am just disappointed right now with the Bold, and I don't want to be.
    ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

PIN/ID
    Apple
    Quote Originally Posted by potsie View Post
    Krsoli I am not near any 3g towers
    Rsc I was thinking about the OS (167) but I don't know how to do that
    Ge I have 2 new sim cards the last one the rep did some updates to.
    I am just disappointed right now with the Bold, and I don't want to be.
    ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~
    I noticed that when I was using .167 I was constantly switching between 3G and EDGE. I updated the OS to .210 and its locked on 3G 95% of the time. Only at my girlfriends house does it give the sos and only if I'm in the basement. If I'm upstairs then I'm on 3G. Try .210. I think you'll be happy.

philip8454 no está en línea Stack level 1
    I ran into the same issue on .167 (att final) and beta .210 (i use now). In searching other boards, I found a post that explained that this was an issue that RIM and ATT are aware of and not to take returned phones back (over this issue). It is a pain. Once I lose a signal, if I don't reestablish it pretty quickly, I end up having to go to options and flip the radio off and then back on.

Here is the original post:

11-26-2008, 01:53 PM
    I work for an att dealer and the bold is having problems. Just got an e-mail about this

Issue: Customer with Bold, and now other devices are getting "SIM NOT PROVISIONED" or "SIM NOT ALLOWED" or SOS ONLY

Status: The issue is currently under investigation. A priority one call has been in effect for the past 24 hours and will continue until the issue is resolved.

Action: DO NOT process equipment exchanges for customers with these symptoms if at all possible. The device in most cases is not defective.

For new activations, set customers expectation that we are currently experiencing a temporary issue and that there phone may experience the above problem. The customer can try to soft reset a smart phone by removing the battery while the device is on then reassembling and powering on the device. Sometimes this will restore the service even if only temporarily. This is not recommended for all other devices as it may damage the equipment.
    For existing customers, set customers expectation that we are experiencing a temporary issue and follow the same process above.

Hope this helps
    Last edited by philip8454; 01-13-2009 at 06:51 PM. Reason: Added post

I just got home and called ATT support and the guy on the phone told me to trade my Bold in for a different type of smartphone?? WTF??

Philip when are they going to find a fix to the problem?

PIN/ID
    747101D2
    Quote Originally Posted by potsie View Post
    I just got home and called ATT support and the guy on the phone told me to trade my Bold in for a different type of smartphone?? WTF??

Philip when are they going to find a fix to the problem?
    It has nothing to do with your device. The guy that you spoke to probably don't have a clue as to what he is doing and talking. I suggest that you call back and speak to a different person.

Even if you do trade in your device for another as suggested by that Bozo, what guarantee do you have that it will perform better. Blackberry device are probably one of the most if not the most stable device you can find.

Recommend that you hang in there and speak to another Rep. If they can't help you, hang up and try again. You will eventually get someone that will be able to assist with your issue. Good luck.

Thanks I am calling them again. I love this phone when it works.

PIN/ID
    747101D2
    You will love it more. Trust me.

jzarowitz no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    NexsOne
    this site has a wealth of information as to how one goes about updating their device OS. with a bit of searching, you can find everything you need. first, spend some time in the latest device OS thread. follow the link for the latest OS, then search for how to use the file that you'll download. before you know it, you'll be a pro with this stuff.

goodluck and welcome aboard.

going to give it one last try. Going to get new Bold and new Sim and see if my problem is fixed.

lynafradera no está en línea Stack level 1
    PIN/ID
    249E39E8

sos msg on bold

Well Im from PR and am having the very same situation but once I change device to other BB bold, problem solve, sometimes it happens and I have to go to manage conection disable it and enable it again. I think Att wasnt ready at all to launch BB bold, the first time I change it was because internet was awfull, and very slow.

Arcenannie no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    23F730AE
    Where would I find and download OS .210?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast