Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Originally Posted by Mark Stone No. If you feel like you want to get a ... BlackBerry Bold forum

jeffallen8 no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    Huh?

Advertisement

Quote Originally Posted by Mark Stone View Post
    No. If you feel like you want to get a new SIM it won't hurt anything (except your wallet [grin]) but there's nothing to indicate that the SIM is the problem . . .
    I had a similar issue with my 9700, My phone would say SIM card rejected at the top and I would receive a instant SOS. This was a easy one! A new SIM fixed the issue. Now your case is a little different. You get SOS with data services on but not when the data service is turned off. To me it almost sounds like your device is trying to change from 3g/edge to uma. I don't know how familiar you are with UMA but basically it pushes your data services over your wifi instead of 3G/ EDGE.

Try this. Go to Options/Mobile Network Change Connection Preferences: Mobile Network Only.
    Looking for Wallpapers or Icons for making themes? I can help!

Truth + Clarity = Power

If you are going to take the time to respond... take the time to actually understand that to which you are responding.

PIN/ID
    Huh?
    Also in further troubleshooting are you connecting to a wifi network that has web filtering on it? Like Work, or School. Does it give you a SOS on your wifi at home?

Truth + Clarity = Power

If you are going to take the time to respond... take the time to actually understand that to which you are responding.

whaitdo no está en línea Stack level 2
    Quote Originally Posted by jeffallen8 View Post
    I had a similar issue with my 9700, My phone would say SIM card rejected at the top and I would receive a instant SOS. This was a easy one! A new SIM fixed the issue. Now your case is a little different. You get SOS with data services on but not when the data service is turned off. To me it almost sounds like your device is trying to change from 3g/edge to uma. I don't know how familiar you are with UMA but basically it pushes your data services over your wifi instead of 3G/ EDGE.

Try this. Go to Options/Mobile Network Change Connection Preferences: Mobile Network Only.
    when i go to options > mobile network > there is no "change connection preferences". I've also read on the internet that that option hasn't been out since os 4.2.

When i go to options > mobile network it says:

Data Services: On
    While Roaming: on
    Mobile network: Fido
    Network Selection Mode: Automatic
    Network Mode: 3G
    Last edited by whaitdo; 05-17-2010 at 03:29 PM.

Also in further troubleshooting are you connecting to a wifi network that has web filtering on it? Like Work, or School. Does it give you a SOS on your wifi at home?
    yes it does give me SOS when i am on wifi at home. But it also gives me sos even when i am not using wifi. Like it would be connected to FIDO and then a bit later it would say SOS and then it would connect to FIDO again. It drains my battery too

For the record i am using a unlocked bell 9700

PIN/ID
    Huh?
    Well the only other thing I can think of would be to try a different 5.0 OS. I'm running 5.0.0.351, It looks like t-mobile will be releasing a official OS in a few days. Try that one

Truth + Clarity = Power

Quote Originally Posted by whaitdo View Post
    when i go to options > mobile network > there is no "change connection preferences". I've also read on the internet that that option hasn't been out since os 4.2.

When i go to options > mobile network it says:

Data Services: On
    While Roaming: on
    Mobile network: Fido
    Network Selection Mode: Automatic
    Network Mode: 3G
    You're at the wrong menu. What Jeff is referring to is from your home screen, find the "Manage Connections" icon; Choose that, then scroll down to "Mobile Network Options"; choose that, and you will see "Connection Preference".

PIN/ID
    Huh?
    Quote Originally Posted by Mark Stone View Post
    You're at the wrong menu. What Jeff is referring to is from your home screen, find the "Manage Connections" icon; Choose that, then scroll down to "Mobile Network Options"; choose that, and you will see "Connection Preference".
    Its the same menu, there is two ways of getting there

Truth + Clarity = Power

Its the same menu, there is two ways of getting there
    You're right - I should have looked closer

Well the only other thing I can think of would be to try a different 5.0 OS. I'm running 5.0.0.351, It looks like t-mobile will be releasing a official OS in a few days. Try that one
    thank you for your help. i downgraded to os 5.0.0.344 and the problem is gone

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12