Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

I am hoping the new pointing system (without ball) is as good as it could ... BlackBerry Bold forum

GregGebhardt no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    No Way

So how many will retire their Bold for the Onyx?

Advertisement

I am hoping the new pointing system (without ball) is as good as it could be.

I have had the Bold from the 2nd day after Rogers introduced it and I am ready for a change.

The Bold has been outstanding
    Greg
    in Jax, FL

malejko no está en línea Stack level 2
    You people go through phones so fast.. so expensive..

MStrawder no está en línea Stack Pro
    PIN/ID
    Ask
    Everyone has to have a hobby and in all honesty, unless you really wanna keep it for a backup, most sell their phones unlocked and get the majority of their money back on 'em. Going to look at the Onyx and see how it feels compared to my 8900.
    "Our greatest fear is not that we are inadequate, but that we are powerful beyond measure" ~ Marianne Williamson
    Current OS list by device
    How to upgrade your OS

I guess I'm one of the few on this forum that are still comfortable with the thought of owning a phone for its lifetime and doesn't need the latest and greatest if it's still doing its job. Compared to the Treo 650 I came from, the 8900's awesome and until something totally way more awesome comes out (and my contract is hopefully up), I'll stick with it. As it is, there's nothing totally-way-more-awesome on the horizon in comparison to the 8900.

catstide no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    wut?
    Quote Originally Posted by malejko View Post
    I guess I'm one of the few on this forum that are still comfortable with the thought of owning a phone for its lifetime and doesn't need the latest and greatest if it's still doing its job. Compared to the Treo 650 I came from, the 8900's awesome and until something totally way more awesome comes out (and my contract is hopefully up), I'll stick with it. As it is, there's nothing totally-way-more-awesome on the horizon in comparison to the 8900.
    i think you picked a good one to stick with. 8900 is solid and should be close to the top of the line for a while.
    lighten up...life's too short

my favorite cydia apps and hacks

I did my research and it fill all of the requirements I had. The only thing it doesn't replace is the in-car GPS, but that's mainly because data in some places where we go camping to simply available. It would be nice if things like JavaScript were faster, but for what it's worth, I'm at a desk all day anyway.

What does the Onyx gain over the Bold? New shininess I guess? Not much more overall though.

syclone1978 no está en línea Stack level 2
    I have kept my Blackberrys and really only upgraded once an upgraded device came out with features I was seeking that my current device didn't have. I am totally impressed and completely satisfied with my current one and that is the Bold, however, I am curious to the new version coming out (whatever the actual name is) and only for the trackpad options. I will test the trackpad once given that chance to see if it is to my liking. I will only upgrade if the newer Onyx has the same abilites as the Bold and upto now I am not sure if they compare. So in short, I will retire my Bold if the Onyx is as functional as my Bold or better along with the functional trackpad.

So.. the Bold's been out almost a year now in Canada.. and people are going to be upgrading from it already? Wow...

RogerG no está en línea Stack Administrator
    I don't have a Bold, but I'm all over the Onyx when it drops!

PIN/ID
    wut?
    So.. the Bold's been out almost a year now in Canada.. and people are going to be upgrading from it already? Wow...
    welcome to the world of BB junkies. i have a storm and love it. the best device i have ever owned. when the storm2 hits i will gently place my beloved storm in my box of unused phones.

From an 8310 - that's been almost 2 years since it was released which is a little more understandable. Unless of course you're like MStrawder mentioned and keep selling and upgrading to the latest phone no matter what the cost.

... but catstide - why not sell your storm when you get the storm 2? Or is your museum just that awesome?

PIN/ID
    wut?
    From an 8310 - that's been almost 2 years since it was released which is a little more understandable. Unless of course you're like MStrawder mentioned and keep selling and upgrading to the latest phone no matter what the cost.

... but catstide - why not sell your storm when you get the storm 2? Or is your museum just that awesome?
    haa...it's not that impressive. i guess i could sell it because i always have the insurance and really don't need a backup....maybe i'll sell it.

Just couldn't quite pull the trigger on the Bold, although I love its footprint. Would have gone for the 8900 if not for its lack of 3G and the onset of the Onyx. I am a (somewhat) patient man.

My 8310 is less than a year old, however (it's my second in a year-and-a-half)......I'm not that patient. Sold my original, unlocked and got a brand new one, just for giggles, cuz I wanted something new.

Now if someone could just show me RIM's roadmap out to like 2012, I'd know which device I'd be waiting for...

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast