HI ALL I HAVE RECENTLY UPGRADED TO THE 9700 FROM THE 9000..I MUST SAY THIS ... BlackBerry Bold forum

nnr81 no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    217D58B0

SMS ALERT ICON NOW EMAIL ICON??

Advertisement

HI ALL

I HAVE RECENTLY UPGRADED TO THE 9700 FROM THE 9000..I MUST SAY THIS IS WONDERFUL. HOWEVER, I HAVE NOTICED THAT ALL MY TEXTS , WHEN RECEIVED ARE BRINGING UP THE STANDARD ENVELOPE FOR EMAILS. FOR SOME REASON THE SLANTED ENVELOPE DOESNT APPEAR...

WHAT CAN I DO TO RESOLVE THIS???

CHEERIO

quiche no está en línea Stack level 3
    I have the 9700 and the sms (texts) icon is a balloon type icon like you see in cartoons and the email icon is an envelope icon like it's always been. I don't think there's a way to change it.

nnr81 no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    217D58B0
    This is correct...the icon in the sms and mms box is a balloon. However i am referring to the icon on the mainscreen.

I have also noticed , that after reading an email from my individual email folders, there still remains a red star on the messages folder...until i open it, to find no unread messages... rather curious?

quiche no está en línea Stack level 3
    That is curious. Maybe it's the theme you're using? As far as the red star, I had this issue also. If I couldn't find the rogue email, what I did was I went to each inbox and chose "mark prior opened" in the menu. Doing it that way told me which inbox it was in. If that doesn't work, battery pull to make the star go away.

ealvnv no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    ask me
    Go to messages options, inbox setting and make sure SMS is not selected, that will separate your inbox, as for the red star, switch to the stock theme, and mark all emails as read, then switch back to the custom theme and you are ready to go