Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Originally Posted by javatyger I just got the javalin(curve 8900) and it has the same ... BlackBerry Bold forum

mizmellyjelly no está en línea Stack level 3

Advertisement

Quote Originally Posted by javatyger View Post
    I just got the javalin(curve 8900) and it has the same issues. I hate that text boxes don't word wrap and you can't make it like the old browser for font size. Column view definitely helps, but still...bit of an oversight by RIM
    ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~
    K, I thought it was just me >.<

I should search my own inquiries on the forums before posting about it....
    ..miz melly jelly™..
    Carrier: Rogers
    Device: rooted HTC Inspire 4G
    ROM: Virtuous Unity v1.27.0 with Sense 3

TwitterGoogle+

archer6 no está en línea Stack level 8
    Quote Originally Posted by mizmellyjelly View Post
    K, I thought it was just me >.<

I should search my own inquiries on the forums before posting about it....
    Congratulations on your new BlackBerry, it's the best looking one of the bunch in my opinion....

Thanks! I strongly agree! Feels lovely in my hands...hehe

Quote Originally Posted by mizmellyjelly View Post
    Thanks! I strongly agree! Feels lovely in my hands...hehe

I'm looking forward to a report from you on your new 8900 once you have a chance. I've been waiting for it to be released for a long time, as I knew about it months ago. But here in CA. I won't see it for some time.

Cheers....

cornelious0_0 no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    235B134C
    On the font size issue, I'm sure you'll all find with the forum enhancements/changes that this is no longer an issue. Openning a thread no longer results in a zoomed out view and everything is perfectly arranged and legible. I'm completely in love with the updates but sadly word wrap still isn't working.

I'm sure hayden and crew will have it working soon enough but for now I'm MUCH more pleased with my Pinstack experience via the Bold.

Yes, Hayden is indeed focused on a resolution for the lack of word wrap. Apparently it's something that is not easy to accomplish with this forum protocol.

I don't think the word wrap is a Pinstack issue, but a RIM issue. I experience the same problem when trying to post on Facebook or on other forums. I just logged on my Hotmail AND GMail account using my web browser just to make sure I'm not crazy but unfortuntately the problem persists when trying to compose or replying to an email
    ..miz melly jelly™..
    Carrier: Rogers
    Device: rooted HTC Inspire 4G
    ROM: Virtuous Unity v1.27.0 with Sense 3

TwitterGoogle+

PIN/ID
    235B134C
    You are correct mizmellyjelly, the word wrap issue is not solely related to Pinstack, but neither was the small font size issue when browsing our forums...but hayden and the others were able to alter the site internally/externally to give us enough of a bandaid fix for now.

The word wrap issue is equally apparent elsewhere online but considering I only post on Pinstack throughout the day I'm more then satisfied with the way things are.

That's correct word wrap is _not_ a pinstack issue, however Hayden is trying to fix it so we have word wrap on pinstack. That said, it's the biggest challenge of the entire project.

~via BoldBerry (wap.pinstack.com)~

PIN/ID
    235B134C
    Quote Originally Posted by archer6 View Post
    That's correct word wrap is _not_ a pinstack issue, however Hayden is trying to fix it so we have word wrap on pinstack. That said, it's the biggest challenge of the entire project.

I'll also have to let him know if he doesn't already that if you use the "post reply" or "quote" methods of posting from the Bold you still get a zoomed out page when it refreshes and you have to zoom in.

I know hayden's probably quite busy though so I'll give it time and wait patiently in good faith.

Quote Originally Posted by cornelious0_0 View Post
    I'll also have to let him know if he doesn't already that if you use the "post reply" or "quote" methods of posting from the Bold you still get a zoomed out page when it refreshes and you have to zoom in.

I know hayden's probably quite busy though so I'll give it time and wait patiently in good faith.
    Good point. I would encourage you to PM that info to him asap. As he's working on it now.

Quote Originally Posted by cornelious0_0 View Post

Not just a prob for the bold...the 8900 as well. Hehe, just tested it out right now. This text wrap problem is exhausting! Don't even know if my post will turn out ok....

Sweet!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12